Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Question

csimmon5

I have been playing around with the new software version 2.8 while waiting on my CCR to arrive. I added the CCR to my sequence by using the insert RGB device. My question is, what are the 7 channels at the bottom for (LR, MM, MS, ME CM, CS, CI) ??

When I right click and select Insert RGB Channel, I just get the Black line with the 3 RGB channels nested below???

I had mine set up from last year with the 3 RGB's and ch 151-157. The convert to rgb done on the red channel works wonderfully and the 3 RGB become tucked in the black color line. Ch 151-157 work as before.

My confusion (one of) is do we still program 151-157 or is there an easier way?

Colonel:
when u click add new device, click on the button that says "show advanced options". set your resolution to 50 pixels (or whatever you want) and the mode to native mode.

Darryl Lambert wrote:

They are Resolution, Macro & Color Channels

A detailed description starts on page 16 of the manual

so they are for the macros?? i am still a little confused from the manual on how it works. lets say i wanted to do the dazzle random. How exactly would i input it into the sequence editor?? Thanks for the replies.

Yes, they are for the macros. More specifically:

• LR: Logical Resolution (listed in the CCR manual as "Current Logical Resolution")
  • MM: Macro Mode
  • MS: Macro Submode
  • ME: Macro Effect (listed in the CCR manual as "Macro Effect Control")
  • CM: Color Mode (listed in the CCR manual as "Color Effect Mode")
  • CS: Color Speed
  • CI: Color Intensity

As for the question about how to do a dazzle random, I'm afraid I'm not terribly familiar with CCR macro programming, so hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I gather that you would set the CM channel to either 17 (random red, green, or blue) or 18 (random any color that the CCR can produce).

And, if desired, you can also set various other channels (such as LR, CS, and CI) to modify exactly how the dazzle will behave, as described in the CCR manual.

So it doesn't show up in your animation? I put in the right intensities but nothing shows in my animation. I guess I will have to wait till my CCR gets here before I go insane. ;) I am probly not going to use the macros unless I want a dazzle effect anyway. The rest of the stuff is much easier with the new software.

George Simmons wrote:

And I'm still trying to get at least one macro - any one, I don't care which one - to work...

George,

If no one helps you out today, I will look at and post one of my sequences and write up the values for LR, MM, MS, etc for you when I get home tonight and then you'll can see it in action on your ribbon.

I drew a crude arch in 2.8.8 and although macros do not show right, I really like what it shows with the manual method.

New sequences this year I may not use the macros, but not sure what I'll do. It sure is easy to do sweeps back and forth with macros.

Ed,

Please do post one of your CCR sequences. I received my CCRs from the sale but have nothing to make them go blinky-blink yet. I need to show the wife some blinking lights before she takes away my bank card :shock:

George... a simple macro..

Right click on a channel and select "Insert Device" and the add device box will display

Select "Cosmic Color Device" and "Show Advanced Options"

Change Resolution to "1 pixel" and click "OK"...you should see a RGB Channel in the sequencing editor

Change to next four channels to channels 151, 152, 153 and 154 and call them whatever you want (I think the terminology is what is confusing most of us), but the importaant thing is that those four channels are connected to the device ID...so if your CCR is Unit ID 01 then make certain channels 151 thru 154 are Unit ID 01 also.

Set the intensity level of channel 151 to 1%

Set the intensity level of channel 152 to 1%

Set the intensity level of channel 153 to 3%

Fade channel 154 from 0 to 99

This macro will send the number of pixels selected (channel 153) from the controller to the end on fade up and reverses on fade down. The speed is controlled by the fade (change the length of the fade to adjust)

Want to move more pixels? Change channel 153 (can use from 1 to 49)

Clay

Thanks Clay - I'll give it a try when I get home today. Even though I clearly don't need them to make the CCR come alive, it drives me crazy that I've never been able to get even a single macro to function.

What do you mean by "picking a color"? I thought I've read that in order for the macros to function all the RGB channels needed to be blank

George..

With the new color fade tool I don't think I will use the color effect channels 155, 156 and 157.

So in the example I gave...suppose you want to send blue pixels the length of the ribbon, then you RGB channel should be picked blue.

By the way, if you want the pixels to go only part way on the ribbon, then adjust your fade accordingly.

Clay

I do not advocate using macros... Too limiting in what you can do and too hard to use.... There is nothing you can do with macros that I can't do without... Yet there is a ton of stuff I can do without macros that macros can't do...

I know I keep harping about do not use macros... The reason is the newbie trying to do sequences will think "Macros... That will make it easy to program..." In this case that is not true... I have yet to come to a situation and say "I need to do that with a macro"...

Here is a sequence done to Polar Express Hot Chocolate... I cut out everything except for the CCRs... I made it into just an animation sequence so music will not be needed... Also size was too big. I have only one CCR in the sequence. Still converting songs to the new RGB tool...

Attached files Star Demo.zip

melwelch wrote:

I do not advocate using macros... Too limiting in what you can do and too hard to use.... There is nothing you can do with macros that I can't do without... Yet there is a ton of stuff I can do without macros that macros can't do...

I know I keep harping about do not use macros... The reason is the newbie trying to do sequences will think "Macros... That will make it easy to program..." In this case that is not true... I have yet to come to a situation and say "I need to do that with a macro"...

With the new CCR channels in 2.8.8 I agree with you some but last year without 2.8.8 it was much easier for me to do what I wanted with Macros.

If and when the Visualizer shows the macros, I believe it will still be easier way to do some things.