Light-O-Rama Forums

saving timing grids

Philip

Many times when I'm sequencing, I use multiple timing grids per sequence depending on what effects I want to create. Is there any way to save and reuse these so I don't have to create some of the basic ones over and over

I'm not 100% sure I understand your question. It sounds like you want to use a timing sequence from one sequence in another sequence. If that is the case you can copy timings from the existing sequence and paste them into the new one.

Bruce

Philip wrote:

Many times when I'm sequencing, I use multiple timing grids per sequence depending on what effects I want to create. Is there any way to save and reuse these so I don't have to create some of the basic ones over and over

I have not found a way that will save the different timing grids either.You even have to add all the different timing grids to every track in the same sequence.

I start with a .10 timing for all my sequences. (Seems to be easier for my eyes to focus) and then highlight a section and use the subdivide by 2 so just that "fast" section is now .05. It is pretty quick.

Shubb wrote:

I start with a .10 timing for all my sequences. (Seems to be easier for my eyes to focus) and then highlight a section and use the subdivide by 2 so just that "fast" section is now .05. It is pretty quick.

Are you familer with the zoom time in and zoom time out buttons?You can make a 0.01 timing grid as big as a 0.10 grid.

wallleyes wrote:

Are you familer with the zoom time in and zoom time out buttons?You can make a 0.01 timing grid as big as a 0.10 grid.

I'm not that old...yet!!!
What I meant by easier on my eyes is having all timings at a even marks, instead of timings at different lengths.

Well, there is no way to save a timing grid separately, but if you have a timing grid in a sequence that you would like to use in another sequence, you could copy them from the first sequence, then make a new timing grid in the second, and paste them into that.