Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR, Macros, LOR 2.8

mcompanik

OK guys, I need help. I know this is going to be simple for some of you, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. This is what I'm trying to do. I will have my CCR set up as one arch. I am trying to do a simple chase from one end to the other. I figured out how to do white using the chase tool, but I know there is a way to do it with macros. I only need green, red, and white. I need to chase from the controller to end, the end to controller, and I would like to fill from one end to the other. I have read the quick start guide, and have worn a bald patch on my head from scratching it.

Attached files 208581=11597-Capture.JPG

Personally I don't have a clue how to work macros - never have gotten one to work. But what you're wanting to do is a snap with the chase tool. Why make it any harder than it has to be?

The macro modes do take a little getting used to. But very easy once you use them a few times.

You can do a sweep like you want with a few clicks. Its not obvious enough in the manual that you need to use the intensity tool to set all the modes.

http://itsmebob.com/Christmas/2010/Intensity.exe

This little tool will show you the values so you dont have to remember them or keep referring to the manual.

I will make another post with more detail after I get my kid in bed.

Create the first cell in the upper left hand corner using the "Color Fade" tool... Select the color you want as the start and stop color.... Then high-light the upper left cell and streach the selection box to several cells then without letting up on the mouse end up with the single cell... Let go and you have the first cell of your chase...

Use the new "Chase" tool. Draw a selection box to select the area including the first cell you just made and and channels needed for the first leg of your chase... Release the mouse, you now have the down leg for your arch... Repeat.....

Using the new RGB toos is the only way I know how to select your colors... Especially if you are using complex colors...

Hope this helps...

melwelch wrote:

Create the first cell in the upper left hand corner using the "Color Fade" tool... Select the color you want as the start and stop color.... Then high-light the upper left cell and streach the selection box to several cells then without letting up on the mouse end up with the single cell... Let go and you have the first cell of your chase...

Use the new "Chase" tool. Draw a selection box to select the area including the first cell you just made and and channels needed for the first leg of your chase... Release the mouse, you now have the down leg for your arch... Repeat.....

Using the new RGB toos is the only way I know how to select your colors... Especially if you are using complex colors...

Hope this helps...

THAT WORKED!!!!!!;) Thank you so much. Now I can finally finish this sequence!

Great! Not hard at all. Give this a look to see how the other half lives. ( would you believe 40%)

Here is a basic example of a macro sweep back and forth. I set it to 07 for you. Note the Color effect channels are not shown since they are only used when RGB is totally off. Now that RGB tool is available I dont think I will be using the color macro channels.

Color changes as it moves.

http://itsmebob.com/Christmas/2010/Macro%20Example.las
MacroExample.jpg

Note the size of the lit segment changes. Try doing that with the chase tool!

Last year I could handle the macros, but the chase tool is throwing me. Can someone take a step back on adding a CCR Track?

I've deleted my old tracks with CCR and tried to add a new track with two CCR's. I did not select the legacy mode, but the new option and I would up with three channels in the track for each CCR, a single red, blue, green and then the black channel which is what is the color display when you mix colors. Was I supposed to get 50 channels of red, blue and green or what? When I take a single color and try to chase it the visualizer only show one color, and no chase effect? A sample file would go along way like we were able to download last year????? I have updated to 2.8.8 if it matters.

Thanks,

JD

Well first off I do not use macros... Not sure if the new LOR software does either...

I have been converting last years sequences to the 2.8 software... I first converted my 150 channel RGB CCR controller to the new RGB tool... I then made new tracks one for all RED, one for all GREEN and one for all BLUE. I opened each of the 50 channels so I could see the RGB channels... I copied the RED channels to the RED track, etc, etc... All I have to do is copy my 50 REDS from last year to the new software and the same for the GREENs and BLUEs... Everything is now working like it did last year... Blends and all are there.... The new software does a ok job interpiting CCRs config to the new software.

If you are adding a new device be sure to use the "Add device" tool... Will save you a lot of time... Learned this when it was too late... lol

Attached is a Channel config for one CCR with RED, GREEN and BLUE tracks

In the Visulizer if the color is white, then you have Red green and blue on at the same time...

Attached files 2010 CCR only.lcc

Well your file was most helpful. So you have to create a separate line for each of lights in the ribbon. That is going to make the annimation screen a bit of mess.

The scale I use does not give me enough room to add 50 squares to insert a ribbon.

Suppose you have to to with every fifth light or some determination to get the idea of what your doing. This is a bit of a let down on the annimation, but at least the programming should improve. The release instructions are really lacking on this.

Thanks for your help.

JD

When you create an RGB channel it creates the Red, Green and Blue channel for you... I created the RED Green and BLUE "tracks"

You do not need to see all 50 channels at once... Click on for example the upper left cell. Then scroll to the lower right cell... Hold the shift key click on the lower right cell... If you chose a Chase effect the chase will be drawn with the what the upper left cell or cells looked like...

JD Schuck wrote:

Well your file was most helpful. So you have to create a separate line for each of lights in the ribbon. That is going to make the annimation screen a bit of mess.

The scale I use does not give me enough room to add 50 squares to insert a ribbon.

Suppose you have to to with every fifth light or some determination to get the idea of what your doing. This is a bit of a let down on the annimation, but at least the programming should improve. The release instructions are really lacking on this.

Thanks for your help.

JD

I belive I read another post somewhere that said if you draw in the Visualizer using the main RGB channel the line drawn will be white but will show the proper color when you run the sequence in the visualizer.

The visualizer does not respond to macro effects.

I have to play with this some and I'll know better what 2.8.8 can do.

My understanding is you do not have to draw a red, blue, green line if you draw with CCR / RGB main channel. At least I hope this is the case.

EDIT: rereading your post I think you are actually complaining about the 50 separated channels for the CCR, you could set the resolution higher if you do actually need 50 separate seqments. But if you run at 50 then YES you would need 50 small lines.

Ed P wrote:

I belive I read another post somewhere that said if you draw in the Visualizer using the main RGB channel the line drawn will be white but will show the proper color when you run the sequence in the visualizer.

You are correct... When you draw an RGB channel in the visualizer it will be white (the combined color of RGB)....

• The topic was locked