Light-O-Rama Forums

Version 2.8 Glitch No. 1

nmonkman

I am having a bug also. I had created some rgb channels and when I went into the animation window I saw the rgb channel and the 3 channels also had separate entries. I assumed I was supposed to draw my graves in each color for red, green, and blue staggering it by 3 pixels. I read somewhere I could have left it on the master rgb channel and it would draw in white but be the correct color during playback. So I went back to erase what I did in animator to do it right and it doesn't matter if I choose "erase" or right click some pixels. the sequencing editor crashes every time wanting to send a report to microsoft.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nmonkman

• LightORamaDan

• Linda

• Keith Adams

It has something to do with the way I drew the objects I guess. I am able to erase an object from a version of the sequence before I added the rgb channels without a problem. So I guess I will start all over adding the rgb channels to all my sequences again.

Okay, so just for giggles I adjusted the DPI settings to 120.

CORRECTION:

I previously stated that the problem was fixed. But it is not.

I changed the DPI to 120 like I said above and had to reboot. Once it restarted I opened a sequence and could see the grid so I posted that here.

However, when I brought the screen back up after minimizing it, I got the same as before.

Back to square 1. Someone sent me a link to d-load 2.7 so I am going to revert until this is resolved. I got too may customers waiting on sequences.

As previously stated any administrator can call me or remote access. Just PM me for the info.

Keith Adams wrote:

It has something to do with the way I drew the objects I guess. I am able to erase an object from a version of the sequence before I added the rgb channels without a problem. So I guess I will start all over adding the rgb channels to all my sequences again.

If you have not changed that sequence yet, can you send a copy of it to support@lightorama.com so we can take a look at it...

Dan

nmonkman wrote:

CORRECTION:

I changed the DPI to 120 like I said above and had to reboot. Once it restarted I opened a sequence and could see the grid so I posted that here.

However, when I brought the screen back up after minimizing it, I got the same as before.

Back to square 1. Someone sent me a link to d-load 2.7 so I am going to revert until this is resolved. I got too may customers waiting on sequences.

As previously stated any administrator can call me or remote access. Just PM me for the info.

To to back to 2.7.6, I believe that you need to un-install 2.8.6 first then run the 2.7.6 installer.

Thanks for the additional information. We have a little bit to go on now and may ask some more questions. Honestly it may be difficult to fix this unless it starts happening to some other people and we can find the cause. Unfortunately for you, you are probably 1 in a 100 (or more) at this point.

If you have not reverted yet I was going to ask if you had your screen resolution maximized... We are shooting in the dark at this point but as you saw with the DPI change, the video driver can display the screen correctly (sometimes).

Again thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

nmonkman wrote:

CORRECTION:

To to back to 2.7.6, I believe that you need to un-install 2.8.6 first then run the 2.7.6 installer.

Thanks for the additional information. We have a little bit to go on now and may ask some more questions. Honestly it may be difficult to fix this unless it starts happening to some other people and we can find the cause. Unfortunately for you, you are probably 1 in a 100 (or more) at this point.

If you have not reverted yet I was going to ask if you had your screen resolution maximized... We are shooting in the dark at this point but as you saw with the DPI change, the video driver can display the screen correctly (sometimes).

Bob

No I wasn't having the same problem as the original poster. The software didn't work at all. Well I don't know if NONE of the software worked, but the sequence editor didn't. When I tried to open the sequence editor that's when I got the error then the sequence editor would shut down. It did that on every sequence I tried to open, but when I changed the hardware acceleration like Dan said, it all seemed to be working fine, but I went ahead and installed all the updates. Now not only am I still having the problem when the acceleration is set to full, but I'm having trouble connecting to the internet through my wireless connection. I'm going to restore back to before I installed the updates since I'm still having the same problems I had before with the acceleration set to full, although the software I'm using for my graphics card is now saying it doesn't support something or other......

I am having a problem with 2.8.6 also. The program seemed to install OK, but when I try to open or start a new sequence, the computer reboots. I tried changing the video aceleration in 1 notch down increaments, same problem with file open or new seq. When I went to full off, the computer rebooted on apply change. If I start the program and cancel the opening box, the program / PC will stay running.

I am using XP home, SP 3. ASUS P5QL-EM MB, with Intel core 2 quad 2.4 GHz. 2 GB DDR2 RAM.

In reading the other posts with issues, I did update windows on hardware and SW before installing program. Also disabled firewall and anti-virus before install.

I have OpenGL settings 9 x that I can change like triple buffering and force texture compression to name a few. I am way over my head making changes on my own in this area.

It probably re-booted 5-6 times with no error warning or screen. And it seems to be running a slow now.

Craig

Dan wrote:
"Thanks for the additional information. We have a little bit to go on now and may ask some more questions. Honestly it may be difficult to fix this unless it starts happening to some other people and we can find the cause. Unfortunately for you, you are probably 1 in a 100 (or more) at this point."

Dan,
I am having the exact same problem as nmonkman. I will first try updating the video drivers this afternoon. This is on a Toshiba laptop with an intel chipset graphics system running Vista (32) SP2 with 2 gig of memory.

For your troubleshooting pleasure... on this laptop when we loaded up the 304 channel stuff we also got the white grid area. I hid a couple small tracks and scrolled the screen to the bottom of the main track (288 channels) and the grid appeared and looked almost OK. We had that same bar across the top under the track header. The bar was black and it "pushed" the timing grid down and out of alignment to the channel labels on the left.

An additional problem was noticed when trying to click a grid location. The registration was off vertically by the height of the black bar at the top. The result was if I pointed to a location dead center it would highlight the location below it when clicked.

I will not be able to respond back to your inquires as quickly as nmonkman. I'm at work all day and the laptop in question is not actually mine, it belongs to one of the neighbors so I have to get with him after work tonight and install the new drivers.

My fall back is not as bad as nmonkman, I'll just give the neighbor the show computer to do the programming on. I'll post results this evening.

Larry

LightORamaDan wrote:

Yes I uninstalled 2.8.6 first.

I am work right now, I will have to check the resolution settings when I get home and let you know. I already reverted, but it is not a big deal to try it one more time.

No worries on the inconvenience, just a minor set back. Bottom line is the software DOES work, just not for me.

I really hate OEM computers, but lack the skill and time to build my own. You can't make any adjustments to many of the items, and the manufacturers that make the hardware wont support it because it was "custom built". That is no way to run an efficient business. If I were selling something and other companies wanted to put their parts in it, they better darn sure be willing to fix it. I guess "ethical" is a better word than efficient in this case. After all, they are millionares.;)

I'm using an ATI HD3400 series graphics card with 96dpi and full acceleration and is working for me so far. The only thing I've noticed so far is that when highlighting a large area to copy, you can't 'push' the grid over. The right side of the screen is a hard wall.

On a side note, I know I'm on my own with this, On my show computer I'm trying to run LOR on Linux. The program loaded fine, but I have the same issue as photo 2 from original post. The graphics card is an older ATI card and trying to figure out how how to install drivers for it. I might try the older version LOR a little later to see if it works.

I updated the software and driver on my video card and everything seems to be working alright now with the acceleration set to full, unless I start seeing some of the problems the other posters have had.

Linda wrote:

I updated the software and driver on my video card and everything seems to be working alright now with the acceleration set to full, unless I start seeing some of the problems the other posters have had.

That is good news... Thanks for the update!

Dan

Larry Drum wrote:

Dan wrote:
"Thanks for the additional information. We have a little bit to go on now and may ask some more questions. Honestly it may be difficult to fix this unless it starts happening to some other people and we can find the cause. Unfortunately for you, you are probably 1 in a 100 (or more) at this point."

Dan,
I am having the exact same problem as nmonkman. I will first try updating the video drivers this afternoon. This is on a Toshiba laptop with an intel chipset graphics system running Vista (32) SP2 with 2 gig of memory.

For your troubleshooting pleasure... on this laptop when we loaded up the 304 channel stuff we also got the white grid area. I hid a couple small tracks and scrolled the screen to the bottom of the main track (288 channels) and the grid appeared and looked almost OK. We had that same bar across the top under the track header. The bar was black and it "pushed" the timing grid down and out of alignment to the channel labels on the left.

An additional problem was noticed when trying to click a grid location. The registration was off vertically by the height of the black bar at the top. The result was if I pointed to a location dead center it would highlight the location below it when clicked.

I will not be able to respond back to your inquires as quickly as nmonkman. I'm at work all day and the laptop in question is not actually mine, it belongs to one of the neighbors so I have to get with him after work tonight and install the new drivers.

My fall back is not as bad as nmonkman, I'll just give the neighbor the show computer to do the programming on. I'll post results this evening.

Larry
I am having the same problem with the misalignment with the channel labels. And when clicking on the grid it highlights the one below not the one you click.

Hi All:

Great Software DAN:

No issues yet seems to be working fine just need to learn how to use it lol.

Don In Kenner,LA

Here is what I was talking about with it being off on the grid and like the other said was when you click on any given box unless you click at the top of the box at the grid line it will highlight the box below I tried reloading now I am baffled. Also this is running off of Vista on a Dell Vostro 1500 Laptopglitch1.jpg

OKAY!!! I think I am getting one step closer.....maybe. While clicking around I came across some settings for OpenGL. Trouble is I don't know what any of them do. Below are all the available attributes and the value choices. I have marked out the default setting with *

1. Asynchronous Flip - Off* , On
  2. Triple Buffering - Default*, off, on
  3. Flipping Policy - Flip*, Blit
  4. Depth Buffer Bit Depth - Default*, 16 Bit Depth Buffer, 24 Bit Depth Buffer
  5. Force S3TC Texture Compression - Off*, On
  6. Force FXT1 Texture Compression - Off*, On
  7. Driver Memory Footprint - Normal*, Low, High
  8. Texture Color Depth - Desktop Color Depth*, 16 Bits per Texel, 32 Bits per texel
  9. Anistropic Filtering - Application Control*, Off, On

Attached files 208239=11575-LOR 2.8 Screen Shot 4.jpg