Light-O-Rama Forums

Version 2.8 Glitch No. 1

nmonkman

Okay:

So I downloaded and intstalled okay. I opened the new version and was impressed with the layout.

I went to make a new sequence and the grid would not show, it was just blank where the grid should be. So I tried opening an existing sequence.....same thing.

Photo 1 shows what it looks like when I open a file

Photo 2 shows the channels working but nothing on the screen. In fact it turns black.

The only thing that appears to be functional is the animation

HELP!!!!! I did not save the previous install file and cannot revert back.

Attached files 208001=11562-LOR 2.8 Screen Shot 1.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nmonkman

• LightORamaDan

• Linda

• Keith Adams

You will be able to go back to a previous version (we have the previous versions). However lets see if we can figure out what is happening on your PC that is causing this to happen.

My guess is that it has something to do with the video driver. Try changing the acceleration level on your display. How that is done depends on your operating system but in general Right click on your desktop and choose properties, then Settings, then Advanced, then trouble shoot. Set your Hardware Acceleration to "None" or "Full" (opposite of current setting) and see if that helps.

Dan

Scratch that:D

I am using a Intel 82945G Express. The "Change Settings" button is disabled and there is a note that says

"Your current display driver does not allow changes to be made to hardware acceleration settings"

I tried searching for an updated driver and there is none and there is no roll back option.

The new verison of the software uses OpenGL for the grid area. This makes the playback much smoother... however my guess is that OpenGL is an issue on your machine.

Here is a link from Intel that give info about your chipset and OpenGL.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel945g/sb/cs-021392.htm

Dan

Thanks, Dan

I will look into that and reply.

Right now I am chatting with Mukanda Jakamoopiesandalarkawik with Gateway SUpport. SO you know how that is going.

Well that was useless!

Gateway sent me to Intel and Intel sent me to Gateway. Apparently because this is an OEM system nobody can do anything. CRUD!!!!

Would updating the video card help, I would gladly pay to use the features of 2.8?

In the meantime, can you send a link or something to rollback to the previous version. I got alot of orders to fill

Thanks Dan!

Well it seems to have fixed my problem. I didn't have any problem on the first machine I installed it on, but got this message "automation error the object invoked has disconnected from it's clients" on the second machine. I uninstalled and reinstalled but that didn't help. After trying your suggestion Dan, I think it's working like it should now. Changing the hardware acceleration from full to none, or visa versa, won't affect the video card performance will it?

Don wrote:

I would echo what Dan mentioned, and try the video drivers directly from that site.

It is not an option. WHen I go to Intels site you are forced to run a "scan tool" to detect your hardware. When it does that, it figures out that mine is OEM and will not provide any download link. It tells me to contact Gateway.

Gateway has no updates available.

Linda wrote:

Well it seems to have fixed my problem. I didn't have any problem on the first machine I installed it on, but got this message "automation error the object invoked has disconnected from it's clients" on the second machine. I uninstalled and reinstalled but that didn't help. After trying your suggestion Dan, I think it's working like it should now. Changing the hardware acceleration from full to none, or visa versa, won't affect the video card performance will it?

The automation error is usually not associated with hardware acceleration (But it could be?)... Try a few different settings with the Hardware Acceleration and see if you can find a point where is stops working and set it to the highest acceleration level possible.

Dan

nmonkman wrote:

It is not an option. WHen I go to Intels site you are forced to run a "scan tool" to detect your hardware. When it does that, it figures out that mine is OEM and will not provide any download link. It tells me to contact Gateway.

What OS do you have on that machine (Vista or 7)?

That first screen that you showed. It looks to me and Bob that that at the top of the grid are there is something displayed that could be the entire grid scrunched up into a tiny area. Can you tell if that is the case? If you scroll does that little area (in the top left of the grid area) scroll off the screen. If you create a small sequence with only a few channels in it does that area look "different"?

Does hitting the F5 key (screen refresh) make any difference?

If you change the size of the Sequence Editor on the screen does that make a difference?

If you have any access to the DPI settings on that machine can you verify that it is set to one of the Windows standards 96 or 120?

Sorry for all the questions but we are trying to understand what is causing this.

Dan

That's what I've done. I am able to set the acceleration almost halfway between none and full before the software quits working.

nmonkman wrote:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Enter "Intel 82945G" into search. Many options are then available.

Linda wrote:

That's what I've done. I am able to set the acceleration almost halfway between none and full before the software quits working.

What type of computer, and Operating System do you have?

Linda wrote:

What is the automation error usually associated with?

From what I have seen it usually has to do with library issues. Files that are missing or the wrong version. But it can be cause by a number of things.

Dan

My computer is a "whitebox", no name brand and I'm running XP Home Edition. It has a Radeon X800 GTO graphics card. Both machines were set to full acceleration. The software is working on one of the machines set to full acceration and the one I was having trouble with set to almost half acceleration. The machine I'm on now, the one I didn't have any problems with when I installed the upgrade is also a white box and has an eVGA e-GeForce Nvidia 7200 GS 256MB PCI-E graphics card. It also is running XP Home.

Linda, unless I've misread something, you're not having the same problem as the original poster, is that correct? Your problem is that you get an "automation error", not that the display looks strange in the way that the original poster's does, correct?

If so, I seriously doubt that hardware acceleration is the issue in your case. "Automation error" typically means that something is misinstalled. It could be part of Light-O-Rama that is misinstalled, but it could also be a built-in part of Windows.

What I would suggest trying is this:

Quit all of your running programs, especially LOR programs, including the LOR Control Panel (the light bulb icon in your system tray).

Uninstall LOR.

Reboot.

Run Windows Update, and tell it to install all updates that it says are available.

Reboot.

Run Windows Update again, telling to install everything again, then reboot again, and repeat this as many times as it takes until Windows Update finally says that there's nothing left to update.

Reboot.

Reinstall LOR. Note that you do not have to install any earlier version first; you can go directly to the installer for the latest version.

Sorry I got busy there.

This is Vista most current SP and updates

The little area at the top is from when I tried to grab the channel column and pull it out. It left that grid pattern but it is not a grid, just a bunch of lines.

What this is, is when I open it at first the area where the grid should be is just white.Then when I grab the column and try to widen it with the cursor, I get all those lines, then the screen turns black. Below is a better shot of it.

F5 does nothing nor does making it smaller.

I tried just doing an 8 channel sequence and same issue.

The DPI is set to 96

I have a static IP and Dan or any adminsitrator is welcome to remote access if you can help me figure out the router settings.

Attached files 208046=11566-LOR 2.8 Screen Shot 3.jpg