Light-O-Rama Forums

Resynched audio version of Wizards in Winter for two CCRs

BrianBruderer

The first video I put onto youtube and vimeo has the audio dubbed in and it is a little bit out of synch. There is another version on youtube with the audio resynched at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5K2w1SpOq0

Let me know if you get blocked on this one, if so, I can post it on vimeo also.

-Brian Bruderer

rstately wrote:

Already blocked.

Ok, I will put it on vimeo also, it will be there in about an hour

Brian,

I know you're into your CCR tree in a big way but other than making "poles" with them what else have you thought about doing with the things? I've made one into a Cosmic Color Ring, but except for a spiral frame that I'm working on now I'm a bit unsure what else I want to do with them. Just stringing them horizontally along the top of a chain link fence or something seems so uninspired. Any ideas you haven't gotten around to yet?

George Simmons wrote:

Brian,

I know you're into your CCR tree in a big way but other than making "poles" with them what else have you thought about doing with the things? I've made one into a Cosmic Color Ring, but except for a spiral frame that I'm working on now I'm a bit unsure what else I want to do with them. Just stringing them horizontally along the top of a chain link fence or something seems so uninspired. Any ideas you haven't gotten around to yet?

Hmm, good question. I am partial to vertical orientation of the CCRs because to me music is more of an up and down thing rather than back and forth. It is harder to build to a crescendo or go up and down with the tone of the music with horizontal orientation.

That said, if you did go with horizontal orientation, doing it for a long distance such as along a fence line makes the most sense to me. Effects over a long distance could be impressive.

Doing a circle is very creative. It is the only configuration that lends itself to effects that are "continuous."

Leaping arches are cool, but that of course is not a new idea.

One extension of the leaping arch layout would be to do 6 leaping arches, one above each other so you could do a rainbow. Seems like that could be cool. However, rainbows theme better with St. Patrick's day than Christmas!

I expect we will see a variety of creative uses of CCRs this year. I will be curious to see what people come up with.

-Brian Bruderer

BrianBruderer wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
Brian,

Hmm, good question. I am partial to vertical orientation of the CCRs because to me music is more of an up and down thing rather than back and forth. It is harder to build to a crescendo or go up and down with the tone of the music with horizontal orientation.

That said, if you did go with horizontal orientation, doing it for a long distance such as along a fence line makes the most sense to me. Effects over a long distance could be impressive.

Doing a circle is very creative. It is the only configuration that lends itself to effects that are "continuous."

Leaping arches are cool, but that of course is not a new idea.

One extension of the leaping arch layout would be to do 6 leaping arches, one above each other so you could do a rainbow. Seems like that could be cool. However, rainbows theme better with St. Patrick's day than Christmas!

I expect we will see a variety of creative uses of CCRs this year. I will be curious to see what people come up with.

-Brian Bruderer

Evidently you two just have way too much money if you can buy too many of these things and not know what to do with them.

I, myself if I could afford RGB LEDs would outline every corner of my house, every peak and valley of my roof, all my fence lines and even make a Mega tree out of them.

Man, could you imagine what that would look like with all that bright color and control? It would take alot of sequencing but WOW!!!:):P:P

• The topic was locked