Light-O-Rama Forums

What you can do with two CCRs

BrianBruderer

Dennis Cherry wrote:

Deleted

Are you saying it is deleted on youtube, or are you saying it is now deleted on vimeo as well!

Both are still working for me.

-Brian Bruderer

BrianBruderer wrote:

Dennis Cherry wrote:
Deleted

Are you saying it is deleted on youtube, or are you saying it is now deleted on vimeo as well!

Both are still working for me.

-Brian Bruderer

No deleted the post.

Looks great. I like your interpretation of the music. it's the little things that make the difference between good and great.

That is fricken amazing! Two CCR's can blow away what others have done with thousands of lights. How long did it take to program that?

I suggest that CCR's be a seperate catagory for the Christmas contest, I think it'll be too hard to out dazzle those things. :)

scubado wrote:

That is fricken amazing! Two CCR's can blow away what others have done with thousands of lights. How long did it take to program that?

I suggest that CCR's be a seperate catagory for the Christmas contest, I think it'll be too hard to out dazzle those things. :)

I would love to say, gee with my software you can churn out a sequence in two hours. But what I have found is that every sequence I do I spend 12-16 hours on it. As my tools improve, instead of shortening the time I spend on the sequence, I spend the same amount of time, but produce a better sequence.

It proved true in this case also. It took almost as long to sequence for two as for 12 because with the SuperStar Sequence Editor you deal with effects, not channels, so the amount of time to sequence depends more on the number of effects, and with the 2 ribbons I probably did more effects than with the 12, largely because Wizards in Winter is such an intense song it demanded intense effects at a very fast pace. I was able to also do more because the software has improved since I did the 12. In my copy I have a "group modify" feature that really helped modify groups of effects to fine tune them into how I wanted. Considering the number of effects it went fast, but we can probably all share the feeling you get when you say "wow that was a cool effect" and then realize that it only covered 1.8 seconds of the song.

The chase patterns (which I call morphs) are easy to do in the software, and some of the impressive ones did take long at all. The two places where I fill up the ribbons with dots took a long time to do. It is a case where you want them to appear random, and yet fill in somewhat evenly (which isn't really random), it could still be improved but I got tired and settled for the way it is because I have to get back to work on the software!

Brian

I would love to see it. Can you load it on www.vimeo.com?

I have had no problem with Copyrights on Vimeo.

Scott T wrote:

Brian

I would love to see it. Can you load it on http://www.vimeo.com?

I have had no problem with Copyrights on Vimeo.

Yeah, sorry for all the confusion, it is indeed on vimeo now at:

http://www.vimeo.com/13741461

If you go to my website at www.superstarlights.com in the videos section, it is also linked to the same vimeo video.

Great job!!! I'm just amazed at the quality of the work you did with that song!

Thanks alot!!!! Now I have to think about spending more money and get a couple of CCR's. Can you loan me your credit card? Absolutely GREAT job!! Can't think of any better words to describe it. I'm in awe!

It's obvious you put a fair amount of time, and thought into that section of your display.

It shows a very nice, creative use of the CCR's.

Your front entrance worked perfectly as a backdrop for them!

Greg

Greg Young wrote:

It's obvious you put a fair amount of time, and thought into that section of your display.

It shows a very nice, creative use of the CCR's.

Your front entrance worked perfectly as a backdrop for them!

Greg

Thank you. It was relatively easy to mount them. I did have to trim back the bush on the right. I spent about a half day creating the first 30 seconds, and then I realized I needed a "group modify" feature in the software. After that was in place I did the rest in about 2 days. I spent as much time trying to get it onto youtube as I did creating it! I finally just put it on vimeo like everyone suggested. I later successfully put a voiceover version on youtube. It makes sense that they don't care about the copyright of the music if there is voice on top of it. The vimeo one is best at:

http://www.vimeo.com/13741461

The voiceover version on youtube is at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xjXxVTZGFg

Pardon the blatant promotional voiceover. I overuse the phrase "this was really easy to do in the software."

• The topic was locked