Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LENNY RUEL

No Try For Free for me?

Dan C wrote:

I was supposed to get my shipment today, but for some reason, UPS rescheduled the delivery to tomorrow. Even though it says it has arrived here.... WTH?

UPS is just building the suspense, they know you have the green note inside!:)

Guest guest

rstately wrote:

Dan C wrote:
I was supposed to get my shipment today, but for some reason, UPS rescheduled the delivery to tomorrow. Even though it says it has arrived here.... WTH?

UPS is just building the suspense, they know you have the green note inside!:)

The driver probably stole the green note, and is putting it in his shipment...

16QC delayed? Raats, I was just hoping that the TFF winners would be the last to get shipped (havent received any notice yet) but I did say when I ordered, mine can be delayed. Four 16PC AC boards and one 16QC DC board.. uh oh, my Standard only runs 8 boards so I guess I'll have to upgrade.. again... to Advanced.. I'll have 9 with the QC board :)

teege

Hi All:

Wish I could win but my luck I never win anything Iam a Poor man trying to do a rich mans hobby but I love christmas so much and love the looks on peoples faces it will just take me longer to get up with the big boys lol. Keep up the great work Dan and Light O Rama. Ps I havent got a shipping notice so iam still waiting.

don In Kenner,LA:D

Don in Kenner,LA wrote:

I am a Poor man trying to do a rich mans hobby but I love christmas so much and love the looks on peoples faces...

I don't know Don - I think richness comes in many flavors and you're right up there with any of us.

George Simmons wrote:

Don in Kenner,LA wrote:
I am a Poor man trying to do a rich mans hobby but I love christmas so much and love the looks on peoples faces...

I don't know Don - I think richness comes in many flavors and you're right up there with any of us.

By George, your on to something there. I'll second George's statement.

No green sheet in my box, as the order came Monday. Drats ;o)

Oh well maybe next year IF I order. Between LED's and controllers I bought this year the wife is doing a little squawking now. May have to just move elements around next year and leave channel numbers and amount of lights alone.

Lenny

Well, I got my order today.

I am a winner!!!! WOOHOOOOOOO
I was wondering why my account hadn't been charged yet.
Kinda makes me wish I would have ordered more.
I'm so flippin happy right now :)

Can I ask, Who is Alex Baldwin Himself?

Thanks you guys!

:D:D:D:D

Yeah, thats what I figured. He made the green winner sheets and signed them. :D

My box comes on friday, but I'd say the charge that posted on my credit card is a pretty solid "better luck next time" but thats ok - if I had wone, I would have just taken the $$ and bought more hardware anyway.

I'm just excited to finally be moving to LOR hardware and almost all LED's.

I am the worlds LEAST patient person. I wanted to use LOR hardware last year, but it was way too close to Chrismas to buy the hardware and learn the software. So, I scooped up every LED string I could find and said "just wait untill the LOR clearence sale"

Well, you guys are like Vultures circling the prey - I thougth I would pick up a couple boards in 24 or 48 hours of the sale. Everything I wanted was gone within hours.

I am READY for it this season. Been playing with showtime & soldering like crazy. I cant wait to break into those lights! 48 Channels so far.... I have 7 free channels right now, but no Mega Tree. MAybe the wife will let me buy one more controller.

Good luck to everyone else on your try for free.

I got the email notification of shipment today and I logged onto my checking account. I got charged as well. Guess I didn't win either. My biggest worry was my wife was going to spend the money that there before LOR took it out.

I received my shipment today. I did not get a green sheet, but I got green popcorn packing.

Dan, does that count? I think that is a creative way of notifying people that they have won!

Thanks (I think),

Scott

Scott T wrote:

I received my shipment today. I did not get a green sheet, but I got green popcorn packing.

Dan, does that count? I think that is a creative way of notifying people that they have won!

Thanks (I think),

Scott

Sorry Scott... Green packing does not count.... :)

Dan

I got mine too and all that was there was a sheet explaining the new dongle cord sets....:) (great idea by the way!)

So they are not like fortune cookie? I can stop breaking them in half looking for the green, "you have won" notice?

Bummer :?

Well, I noticed a big charge on my CC on the 26th, but still no confirmation email about my order. Hopefully, I'll get it soon.

Hi All:

Guess what I won I won I won . Yep I won the TRY FOR BUY my order shipped out to day and my CC was charged well thanks for the great savings DAN you help people like me in this hobbie I could not have afforded the 3 boxes with out the sales. Thanks again..

Don In Kenner,LA:)

Guest guest

Don in Kenner,LA wrote:

Hi All:

Guess what I won I won I won . Yep I won the TRY FOR BUY my order shipped out to day and my CC was charged well thanks for the great savings DAN you help people like me in this hobbie I could not have afforded the 3 boxes with out the sales. Thanks again..

"Try for buy"...that's the year-round contest, right?

DonFL wrote:

Don in Kenner,LA wrote:
Hi All:

"Try for buy"...that's the year-round contest, right?
Actually, I think that is the spring, year end, tax clearance sale.

I can say one thing! I'm not a winner! I got my order last week on the 28th! There was no green paper in my order, saying I was a winner! Maybe next year! I'm a complainer! So I think that's why I did not win. I'm always complaining on here, or calling LOR to complain! lol But the real funny thing is that, I was unemployed last year during this time, and I'm unemployed again! Go figure! Its hard to spend ANY money on this when you might loss your house last year, and It looks like I will this year!

But on the bright side, I'll have controllers!

Ponddude wrote:

I got mine too and all that was there was a sheet explaining the new dongle cord sets....:D (great idea by the way!)

I want to second that! Who ever thought of that should get alot of credit! It does look more neater!

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

[snip] I'm a complainer! So I think that's why I did not win. [snip]

I realize that is a joke but thought I would take this opportunity to explain how we go about picking orders. Here is how we choose:

All orders from the sale are place in an excel spread sheet, a random number is generated for each order using the RAND (random) function found in Excel. Those random number are copied into another column (to prevent them from changing) and the orders are then sorted in ascending order based on that random number. We then start at the top and pick orders until we reach $20,000 in orders. (non Try-For-Free orders are in the list but their $ amount is set to $0 and do not affect the total. )...

Dan

Guest guest

Ponddude wrote:

I got mine too and all that was there was a sheet explaining the new dongle cord sets....:P (great idea by the way!)

New?

This is my first year ordering LOR equipment, so maybe I've never seen an "old" dongle cord set...

What's the difference/change/improvement?