Light-O-Rama Forums

New Laptop

Michael Rosanske

Hi All,

I just got a new Laptop with windows 7. I transferred my files with a file transfer cable made for windows 7. After downloading LOR to the new laptop and moving my music and sequences to new folders for LOR, It will not show the background picture in the animation window. It shows all the lights and channels that I created on the old laptop (xp).

The Background picture is on the new laptop, but if I add it, it will delete the light animation. Is there a way to link the back ground picture back to the animation file.
It also will show the old link of the background picture where it was on the old laptop.

Any help would be great,

Thanks, Mike

The animation is linked to the Channel Configuration you would have saved (exported) and then imported to your other sequences...do you see that file on your new laptop?

jimswinder wrote:

The animation is linked to the Channel Configuration you would have saved (exported)
and then imported to your other sequences...do you see that file on your new laptop?

Jim,

I have the Channel Configuration on the new Laptop. After tring to add the background picture and it deletes the animation. I can inport the Channel configuraion and the animation is back, but no picture.

Thanks

Mike

Michael Rosanske wrote:

I have the Channel Configuration on the new Laptop. After tring to add the background picture and it deletes the animation. I can inport the Channel configuraion and the animation is back, but no picture

It sounds like it cannot find the original picture you used as a background picture

It probably needs to be placed into the same directory and folder and have the same file name as it is on your old computer so LOR can find it.

jimswinder wrote:

It sounds like it cannot find the original picture you used as a background picture

It probably needs to be placed into the same directory and folder and have the same file name as it is on your old computer so LOR can find it.

I was thinking the same thing, But the file was in a folder that I don't think I can't duplicate in Windows 7.

I will have to look at it a little closer and maybe change it on the old laptop and move it to the new one.

thanks agian

Mike

Michael Rosanske wrote:

I was thinking the same thing, But the file was in a folder that I don't think I can't duplicate in Windows 7.

You may not have been able to copy it over, but couldn't you create a new folder with the same name in the same directory and put the picture in it?

I don't think so because of the name that was on the old Laptop. That one didn't have my name. But I was going to see if I can change the name on the old one and copy the file to this one

Michael Rosanske wrote:

I don't think so because of the name that was on the old Laptop. That one didn't have my name. But I was going to see if I can change the name on the old one and copy the file to this one

Where was the old picture?

I.E. C:My DocumentsMy PicturesLOR Background.jpg

and just create a new folder in the same place

I not exactly sure what is going on with your system.

I do not have my background image on my laptop. I called up a sequence then view animation. S2 gives a warning that the background doesn't exist and I clicked ok. It opened my animation without the background. The I clicked background image select and chose a random jpg file. It added the background and kept my animation. all the sizing was off, but it didn't remove the animation.

Are these the steps you are using?