Light-O-Rama Forums

Full Versions of SuperStar Sequence Editor available for purchase

BrianBruderer

The fully functional versions of the SuperStar Sequence Editor are now available for purchase at:

www.superstarlights.com

My daughter is my webmaster and has worked hard on reworking the web site to be more cheery. Along with the versions for purchase you can of course still download the demo.

I hear lots of people bought Cosmic Color Ribbons during the sale. The SuperStar Sequence Editor is designed to be a companion to the CCR and enables full exploitation of its abilities!

I tried to downlaod the demo and Norton removed it due to a variety of warnings about the site.

Has anyone installed it without issues

It is hard to tell why Norton did not like the file it said insite network dectection removed, the file was infected, WS Reputation.1, etc.....

We are using mediafire.com to host the files on and it looks like Norton doesn't like the web site. There are of course no virus' or anything in the files I have put on there. But I will definitely look into finding a different site to host the files on.

-Brian Bruderer

stevehoyt wrote:

I tried to downlaod the demo and Norton removed it due to a variety of warnings about the site.

It is hard to tell why Norton did not like the file it said insite network dectection removed, the file was infected, WS Reputation.1, etc.....

I installed McAfee on my computer and it also detected my download as a threat. The exact message says:

Potentially Dangerous Download Detected - In our tests this download contained programs some people would consider adware, spyware or other potentially unwanted programs.

It gives the option to "Download Anyway" or "Block Download"

My download is a self extracting executible (basically a zip file with winzip in the .exe so you don't need winzip to unzip it)

I tried downloading the files in my zip file separately to see which files are causing the warning. The document file did not give the warning. But if I only try to download SSEdit_1.3.0_Demo.exe then it gives the warning. I wrote this program myself and I compiled it using a legal copy of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 that I paid $200 for. I am certain there are no virus', malware, spyware, or anything else in the exe. I am pursuing submitting the file to Norton, Symantec, and McAfee to see if they will "whitelist" my files so they won't show up as having a problem.

Sorry for this. When I saw the warning it concerned me also. Have other people gotten the warning and just said "Download Anyway"? I have had over 200 people download the demo version, I would think that many of them got the warning also, sorry that it is giving this warning.

-Brian Bruderer

stevehoyt wrote:

I have changed my file hosting to a private server that has no ads and McAfee gave no warnings when I test the download. The download experience is much better now.

Sorry for the negative experience that some experienced while I had the files hosted on mediafire.

If anyone has any more issues please let me know.

-Brian Bruderer

Did you get it worked out where the user can arrange their CCRs how they wanted them according to their setup application?

Paul Roberson wrote:

Did you get it worked out where the user can arrange their CCRs how they wanted them according to their setup application?

Currently you can select any number from 1-24 but they are always laid out parallell to each other. I next want to allow for cutting them in half and having them parallell, next I will work on having them laid out anywhere you want.

-Brian Bruderer

• The topic was locked