Light-O-Rama Forums

Presequenced shows

Ralph Priest

Happy Independence Day all! Before this great sale expires I thought of two questions to pose before placing my order. First, I use only presequenced shows and run 32 channels; if I was to increase to 40-46 channels, how would I adapt my show songs to the new channels without having to purchase new shows? Second, I would also like to include an light show introduction(the Demented Elf is awesome), so is that possible considering my show is presequenced only?

If you wanted to adapt the shows/sequences you've already purchased, you will need to get a copy of the LOR Software. At this point you'd be able to open the sequence in the sequence editor, and make the changes. (Disclaimer: It would seem on the LOR site they send you the actual sequence files. This may not be true for other sites, but if you only have an SD card version, you may not be able to edit them.)

With the software you'd be able to simply add in the intro as another song to your 'show' and have it run.

How are you running your shows now? Do you have the software? Tell us more about how you are set up, and we can get you going in the right direction.

Hey Don, I'm not entirely sure of how to answer your questions,but I'll give it a go. Yes, I have the LOR software; I have a playlist of 15 songs in my show which simply start at 5:30 and run continuosly until 10:00. The are no current interruptions, but I would like to have a voiced intro and a second message about half-way through the list. Thanks for your assistance.

First, the easy part.

Once you get the voice-over/announcement ready to go as a sequence, you'd simply open up the show editor and add the sequence file to your current show. It would then play just like any other 'song' in your rotation. The software wouldn't know any better.

Now, the harder part! To add in the new channels to your current sequences, you'd have to open them up in the Sequence Editor and program them into the display. You'd need to set up the new controllers and assign them to a channel as well as program the lighting effects. That's going to take a little bit longer (okay, quite a bit longer) than adding in the voice over sequence.

Pretty much after you add in the extra channels to the sequences, it's just a simple copy and paste project if you are looking for all the channels to be repeated. However, if you are looking to actually make the new channels independent, it requires much more time to assign new parts to all the new channels.