Light-O-Rama Forums

The Sale

Brian Mitchell

Thanks, I had them send the email with the license info.

Just an FYI to everyone else;

The first email and the one I just sent got caught in my yahoo spam filter because it came from Software@lightorama.com as where the order came from a different email adresss, it came from "Orders"

So if anyone else hasn't received theirs, please check your spam filters.

Now that I got the license #, The email says that I now have the "Standard" version, however the number is the exact same as my previous license.
It give me an Internal Error #23, Please contact LOR customer Licensing support.

I sent them an email.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TJ Hvasta

• Dan C

• rstately

• scubado

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Good job Don, you should have no trouble building the kits.. might've saved a little $$ going with the Basic+ (4 controllers) instead of Advanced, but at least you'll have it -when- you buy the next 4 kits, like I just did, but forgot to add the software upgrade to Standard =)

A big part of the fun for me is building the kits...a Saturday or Sunday afternoon cooped up in the "lab" aka "the robot room" with soldering iron, etc. is pure nirvana..:)

And yea, I was having that mental debate about whether to just go with Basic Plus, but I rationalized it with the fact that most everyone grows past their original software license (right? we have data to support that, right?...;)), and it's 70 bucks to upgrade afterwards..so as I see it, I actually saved 20 bucks..

I ordered an LOR1600 just so I can see how the Showtime controller gets wired with a single input cord. Hey, it never hurts to have a spare ;)

Not too crazy with the balance for my 20 or so cases of lights from CDI hitting my card yet this week as well. Ordered three of the PC controllers that require you to plug in the wires (no soldering) got it in about 8:15 central and of course I had to go for the TryForFree. Brings me to 112 channels. Still need to upgrade my FM transmitter from my Whole House Gold as well. Leaning MBB 4000...

Lenny

1 pc controller (2nd yr and up to 48 chan now) and 1 ccr...time to start planning. Have a bunch of leds coming in from the CDI pre-order that I need to add.

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Wow, fast!! I hope mine takes a while, I still have 6 arches and prob 8 more mini trees to build..

Yea, I was pleasantly surprised. UPS shows a 7-8 delivery, so not bad for sale time, a one week turnaround from order to delivery.

And my list of stuff to do to get things ready continues to grow...all kinds of newbie "oh yea, need to think about that.." items...I now understand how anyone with even a relatively small display cautions to not wait until october to really get rolling...

Dan C wrote:

I ordered 3 more PC controllers and upgraded my software from Basic to Standard.

and of course I entered the Try for Free.

You should have went right to the advance level in the software................you are likely to buy more controllers.

Your hooked, you are having fun, and you are making folks happy with your show and that is good.:D

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Wow, fast!! I hope mine takes a while, I still have 6 arches and prob 8 more mini trees to build..

If you lived up here and you ask them to ship USPS you will have time to finish your projects.

I believe I got mine in mid August last year.

Interesting.. I just ordered the QC DC board and S2 upgrade from Basic+ to Standard (to run the 8 boards) and got an email saying LOR didnt have my email addy on file to do anything with licenses, yet, I clicked on Retrieve License and I got back just what I expected, my address and current (B+) info, so I'm not sure whats going on with their file system.. did anyone else get "nothing found"?

I ordered (2) CTB16K kits and (1) ServoDog. I'm going to be thinking a lot about how I can use the ServoDog. I will have 7 boxes (112 Channel) this year and I want to really try incorporating video. May try using the ServoDog to controller the projector's remote. Has any one attempted a projected video with their show? Any Suggestions?

Brian frm LOR wrote me, said they've been having server problems but found my addy and creesdited the Upgrade.. So I guess no one else ran into software purchase problems..

Scott, you'll prob have to figure out if your remote is digital or analog, or just run a triggering line to the remote port(if it has one) from the ServoDog..

LENNY RUEL wrote:

... Still need to upgrade my FM transmitter from my Whole House Gold as well. Leaning MBB 4000...

Lenny

upgraded from Whole House Gold to the 4000 last year. VERY VERY Happy. (was not very happy previously), Used it last Halloween, Christmas and this 4th. Clear reception and a reasonable distance without overdoing it (an I am transmitting through a brick building, using the small antenna included).

Jerry,

I was about to get one the other day until someone pointed out it isnt stereo.. Did it work well for you?

TJ

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Jerry,

I was about to get one the other day until someone pointed out it isnt stereo..  Did it work well for you?

TJ

Hi,
I just got one of the 4000's, It is stereo! The 6000 is not stereo.

I didn't get anything. Is that an option? :) I plan on ordering at the end of this week or next week when I get some more funds in my bank account. I am taking donations, by the way. Just PM me.

As TJ pointed out the 4000 is in stereo and worked great for me. Clear sound and good coverage, Depending on which direction it covered from 2 to 6 blocks away. Only suggestion is keep the transmitter away from the computer (a foot or so), I did get some RFI when the transmitter was right next to the computer. Couldn't be happier. Easy to setup and use and has memory to save your transmit freq.