Light-O-Rama Forums

Music

Guest guest

jimswinder wrote:

D&G Gillespie wrote:
Are they true freinds are they picking up the power bill LOL

the extra 500 sq ft of house I had added on for them.

storage room for the mega trees?

DonFL wrote:

storage room for the mega trees?

lol...no...

new kitchen, master bath, master bedroom and craft room...

My wife wants to re-landscape and put pavers down on the driveway...when should I tell her you'll be stopping by to start work?...I have 6 acres you can decorate on...

DonFL wrote:

My wife wants to re-landscape and put pavers down on the driveway...when should I tell her you'll be stopping by to start work?...I have 6 acres you can decorate on...

sounds like a good opportunity to barter...

new driveway for her, some new controllers for BOTH of you!! :P

jimswinder wrote:

DonFL wrote:

sounds like a good opportunity to barter...

new driveway for her, some new controllers for BOTH of you!! :P

Our driveway is almost a quarter of a mile long..we're still recovering from the first viewing of the quote to do the entire driveway in pavers.

Oh trust me..she's already excited about the summer sale...she thinks I've lost my mind playing with Christmas stuff in June..:)

We leave on a "driving up the coast to the beach" vacation this afternoon, I'm still pondering how much trouble I'll be in if I'm ordering LOR equipment from the hotel room tomorrow morning. The safe way is wait until I am home on Monday, but that then means lost shipping days..

DonFL wrote:

The safe way is wait until I am home on Monday, but that then means lost shipping days..

Aren't you going to do the "Try For Free" contest?

That may delay shipping by 10 weeks anyway...

DonFL wrote:

Our driveway is almost a quarter of a mile long..we're still recovering from the first viewing of the quote to do the entire driveway in pavers.

Why not just have the driveway cemented...have them add the color you want to the cement, and then have them "stamp" it so they look like pavers?

jimswinder wrote:

DonFL wrote:

Why not just have the driveway cemented...have them add the color you want to the cement, and then have them "stamp" it so they look like pavers?

I was thinking doing that, with hoof prints...(yea, another bad cow joke)..

All I know is..very my bonus check in February will be dedicated to exterior redecorating, assuming the boss can hold off that long.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bring up the old post, but are people using the little headphone jack output for speakers?
We'll be setting up our display on the town square. Our opening show will be after the Christmas parade with lots of people milling about. We (the city) has what I would characterize as a high powered amp/speaker system which is used for music on the square.
How would that be integrated into the system?
It just doesn't seem like you could deliver much with a headphone jack and a Y.

Hi,
The mini jack connector from the DCmp3 card, is the source.
It needs to be amplified. you can plug it into headphones, an fm transmitter, powered computer speakers, receiver, or in your case the amp/speaker system.
It's like an I-pod, you can plug it into your home theater system to amplify it.
You may need an adapter for a PA system,
http://www.ramelectronics.net/audio-video/adapters/1-4-to-1-8-3-5mm-adapters/35-550-nk/prod35550NK.html
you could get this from a local electronics store, if thats the kind of system your using?

Hi Don:

I would say go music cause lor really shines with music also you could get lights that go blink from K mart cheaper. I bought a fm transmitter off ebay for 20 bucks and it works great well really too great I had to do some things to tone it down so it would not transmitt too far dont want the FCC knocken , If you search on ebay type this in the search window PLL stereo FM transmitter mine came from China (happy woo ) or something like that. but I use both I play music just loud enough to be herd to the sidewalk but not loud enough to disturb the nieghboors. and put my transmitter on a station that hasn't and brodcasts. And to answer the question about the headphone jack yes it will supply plenty of power in fact you will need to turn it down alot to prevent over modulation to the transmitter I dont use a Y i just tune my reciver in my front room and ran wires to the outside speakers that way I can control the volume to the out side speakers without messing up the volume to the FM Transmitter.

Don In Kenner,LA

DonFL wrote:

I thought this thread had retired itself a long time ago..:D

Threads never die...they just keep "bobbin" along...

Dear LOR BBS Admin:

Some guy from the seattle area, known for his cow jokes, is now trying to turn a thread into a sewing thread. He'll milk these things until the cows come home.

His secret objective is to needle everyone, and leave those reading in stitches.

I would appreciate your assistance in buttoning down this thread so he can no longer pin-point his humor at innocent readers.

I'll leave it to you to determine appropriate re-dress if he continues his antics.

Thank you.

Ok, Jim..top that...:dude:

DonFL wrote:

Dear LOR BBS Admin:

Some guy from the seattle area, known for his cow jokes, is now trying to turn a thread into a sewing thread. He'll milk these things until the cows come home.

His secret objective is to needle everyone, and leave those reading in stitches.

I would appreciate your assistance in buttoning down this thread so he can no longer pin-point his humor at innocent readers.

I'll leave it to you to determine appropriate re-dress if he continues his antics.

Thank you.

Ok, Jim..top that...:dude:
WOW!! I don't know if I can top that...or would want to!!!

Well done....I tip my hat to the King!!

EDIT:

But if I was to try, darn it, I would have to bolt from this thread (with a zig zag walk) and ease my way into that place where sewers gather to hem and haw while they iron out their differences, trying to mend their bias towards facing another day.

jimswinder wrote:

EDIT:

But if I was to try, darn it, I would have to bolt from this thread (with a zig zag walk) and ease my way into that place where sewers gather to hem and haw while they iron out their differences, trying to mend their bias towards facing another day.

I bow to the master...:)