Light-O-Rama Forums

Encrypted data

Dan C

I created the original files on my laptop last year. I was running windows Vista at the time. I have since upgraded my laptop to windows 7 and now all my songs are encrypted and it won't let me copy/paste them. THIS SUCKS!!!

Is there anyway to de-encrypt them or atleast save/copy the sequence out? All the posts I've read said to open it on the original machine. Well, I am on the same Macine, but its a diffrent operating system. There is no way to go back to the original system.

Please help!

Edit: I have been using the "Basic" version, not the Demo.

I think you're only option at this point is to send them to support@lightorama.com and see if they can help you out. As you have mentioned, the OS change is what brought this to light.

For anyone who doesn't know why this happened ... the sequences were created with a demo version of the LOR Software. That being the case the sequences were encrypted when saved. With the old OS, it would have been possible to cut/paste into a new sequence (of the licensed version) and save. This would have produced a 'normal' sequence file.

For anyone who started a sequence in the DEMO version who now has a license key, it would be in your best interest to copy/paste into a new sequence ... just for safety's sake.

Dan C wrote:

Edit: I have been using the "Basic" version, not the Demo.

GET in touch with LOR support. If you have the original files do not touch them any more until they get back to you.

Unfortunately for you the Basic license also does the encryption thing.

I had brought this up in my thread about copy and paste problem with Demo / Basic levels.

LOR support may have a solution for you but any thing I suggest would be guessing and may make things worse.

Good luck.

wow, that was quick.

Bob at tech support set my files back to me all ready to go.

Thanks Tech Support!

Dan C wrote:

wow, that was quick.

Bob at tech support set my files back to me all ready to go.

Thanks Tech Support!

These guys are just flat out good to work with!!!!! I am impressed more and more everyday.