Light-O-Rama Forums

How to build a CCR matrix

edvas69

That is really good! I bet it took a long time to program.

In your post (attachments) you say that the top sheet wasn't mounted yet. Is the video without the top sheet?

Did you cut the CCR's rather than looping them because you would lose too many pixels in the loops? At a spacing of 150 mm (about 4.3") I would think the CCR could make that bend.

Again very nice work.

ainsworth wrote:

That is really good! I bet it took a long time to program.

In your post (attachments) you say that the top sheet wasn't mounted yet. Is the video without the top sheet?

Did you cut the CCR's rather than looping them because you would lose too many pixels in the loops? At a spacing of 150 mm (about 4.3") I would think the CCR could make that bend.

Again very nice work.

The video was taken with the top sheet to give the CCR a dispersion and the sequencing didnt take that long using LightshowPro 1.7 matrix tool as LOR S2 doesnt currently have a matrix tool, maybe in LOR S3. The CCR was cut as that was the most efficient way to use it. The CCR pixels are not adressed in a way that require them to be in a certain order so the left over pixels are kept as spare. I wouldnt recommend bending the CCR too much as you will risk damaging the strip. In the end if you do damage a pixel creating this matrix you end up with spares to replace it.

So I am now stuck on this project and am going to jump into it and build it.

Do you have pictures of the wiring, other than the connections to the ribbon? For instance, how did you connect them back to the controller? Are wires going from the cut points on one strip to the cut points on the next strip?

They are simply a CCR that has been cut down into 4 sections. All the wires that ive added are just joins between the cut sections. The CCR still connects up to the controller the same way as a normal CCR would. So you have 4 CCR controllers connected to 4 CCRs that are cut into 4 pieces that have 3 joins in each CCR

Hope that clears it up a bit for you

Ok, I get it now. The wires you added just connect the sections. Makes perfect sense now!

Thanks and I will be coping this in the coming weeks...HAHA;)

• The topic was locked