Light-O-Rama Forums

channel id

larry oneill

when making a sequence does it matter which line is on which controller. for example i have 48 channels starting at the top 1 thru 48 do ihave to have # 1-16 on unit 1 or can i make line 1-4 init 1 and 5-7 unit 2 so forth. im not sure but i dont think it matters as long as i set channel and unit per line.

larry oneill wrote:

when making a sequence does it matter which line is on which controller. for example i have 48 channels starting at the top 1 thru 48 do ihave to have # 1-16 on unit 1 or can i make line 1-4 init 1 and 5-7 unit 2 so forth. im not sure but i dont think it matters as long as i set channel and unit per line.

Channels do not need to be in any particular order in the sequence editor. Group them however makes best sense for your sequencing...

The order of the rows in your sequence editor does not have go in controller/channel order. They can be in any order you wish.

I build my sequences with labels for each channel, when installing i plug lights into contollers where ever they fit. i come back later and assign the channels in the sequencer to the various lor units

Edit: usually I will have a bundle of wire into each controller, I use the HW utility to blink and identify each channel