Light-O-Rama Forums

Software doesn't recognize LOR

Guest guest

Got my 16 channel LOR today and am trying to get it communicating with my computer(s). So far I am not having an luck. The hardware utility recognizes the COMM ports, but will not communicate with the LOR board. The board is receiving power and the LED is blinking. I have tried both a phone type cord and also the supplied CAT5 cable. I have also tried on two different computers...one running WIN98 and the other WINXP.

Any suggestions? I am about to yank my hair out (what little I have left)...

Hi,

Well the LED blinking is not a good thing when the computer is trying to find a board. Just to check, you have the SC485 adaptor plugged into your PC, the cable plugged into it and the other end of the cable plugged into the LOR controller.

We know that the LOR controller has power because the LED is blinking. Is the led blinking in a steady pattern a few times a second.

Manually select each comm port and watch the LED to see if it stops blinking.

Yes, the adapter is plugged into the serial port (actually tried them all on both computers), the cable is plugged into the adapter, and the other end goes to the appropriate input on the board.

The LED is a steady blink (about twice a second or so).

The LED never stops blinking even when I select each COMM port manually and try to refresh.

LightORama wrote:

Ok... Send an email to info@lightorama.com... (include name/address or order number) or if you still have your order confirmation email reply to it. Mention this problem. It seems like you have a bad SC495 or a bad card so we need to get it straightened out.

Dan,

This seems to be the same problem I am having. It describes the same anyway. I wanted to give it another go tonight to see if I could get it working, but I am not very optimistic. Any thoughts?

Greg

gduguid wrote:

This seems to be the same problem I am having. It describes the same anyway. I wanted to give it another go tonight to see if I could get it working, but I am not very optimistic. Any thoughts?

I agree they do sound simular. One thing I will ask both of you and ducky to reset those units. And try once more.

To reset: Power off, set unit ID to "00", power on... (led will blink fast) then power off and sent unit ID back to original value.

Greg: Send an email to me at dan@lightorama.com if this reset does not work. We may need to replace some parts.