Light-O-Rama Forums

Summer Sale

timmy

Hello!!!!

I'm so excited because I just made my forst LOR purchase! I have some questions:

FYI I got the 16 channel starter package with the basic plus software upgrade.

1. Does the software come on-line, or does it come with the order when it ships? I would like to start sequencing (the sooner the better.)

2. When do we find out if the Try For Free promotion applied to us? (It didn't say I got it when I was ordering, so I don't know if that means I didn't get it or if it says after the 10 week period)

3. Anything else I am completely missing?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rgardner518

• crabtreechristmas

• Don

• bwaldrep

DonFL wrote:

Mike Arnott wrote:
OK, now I am pissed. I have 3 songs programmed for 3 controllers. The transmission went out in my wife's car and now I will not be able to buy the 2 more controllers as the money I have saved has to go to the car.

Is there going to be a sale in October?

Isn't the more important question "can't your wife take the bus for a couple months?.."...(sorry, just trying to add a little levity to the situation..:(..)...

It would be the short bus if she had to ride it.

DonFL wrote:

Don wrote:
DonFL wrote:
Another email from LOR I never got...:(

You know, if you are on the LOR lists, and these are not ending up in your spam folder, I would be calling your email provider and asking them to fix the problem. No reason you shouldn't be getting them.
Yea, I need to do that, but their support is non-existent. Other emails from LOR make it thru..thinking maybe the auto/sale-emails look like spam?..not sure what address they originate from.

My email provider is one starting with A, ending in L, 3 letters. They are as bad as ever...
...then get a new one! Hotmail is free....

Mike Arnott wrote:

DonFL wrote:
Mike Arnott wrote:
OK, now I am pissed. I have 3 songs programmed for 3 controllers. The transmission went out in my wife's car and now I will not be able to buy the 2 more controllers as the money I have saved has to go to the car.

Isn't the more important question "can't your wife take the bus for a couple months?.."...(sorry, just trying to add a little levity to the situation..:(..)...

It would be the short bus if she had to ride it.

ouch. glad you said that and not me...:)

DonFL wrote:

Don wrote:
Mike Arnott wrote:

According to the email that went out today, (and prior years trends) this is the last sale of the year.

Another email from LOR I never got...:(

Interesting response from Dan as to why I'm not getting sales emails....

May apply to others who are having similar issues:

Hi Don,
We check and you are not in our contact list. The reason is that, at some time in the past, you have opted out of all lists that are handled by the company that we use (campaigner.com) to send emails. Their system will not allow us to add you to our list. The only way to get you into the list is to use a double-opt-in which is where the system sends you an email and you agree to be placed in the list. Unfortunately we do not have a double-opt-in setup so we have no way to get that email address into the list. Sorry for the inconvenience. Dan Light O Rama, Inc.

That probably explains my issue as well. I am able to get emails from support@lightorama.com, software@lightorama.com, and orders@lightorama.com though.

Bob Hall wrote:

That probably explains my issue as well. I am able to get emails from support@lightorama.com, software@lightorama.com, and orders@lightorama.com though.
same here...as dan seems to explain it, it is not an email issue per se, it's that they simply cannot add me to the list, as the third party service they use will not allow it due to me opting out in the past.

Your only recourse then is to create a new email address and sign up for newletters again using the new addy..

TJ Hvasta wrote:

Your only recourse then is to create a new email address and sign up for newletters again using the new addy..

That's plan B, after I reach out to the mail blast company and ask them what can be done.

It's annoying to me that I get so much unsolicited spam/marketing blast mail, and these companies take an all or nothing approach to what they do.

Having to create another email address for this just rubs me the wrong way..:P

DonFL wrote:

You can use the demo software for virtually everything but loading a sequence into your controller. Your license (with user name) will arrive via email.

When will the e-mail come?

crabtreechristmas wrote:

DonFL wrote:
You can use the demo software for virtually everything but loading a sequence into your controller. Your license (with user name) will arrive via email.

You can get it here,
http://lightorama.com/licenseRetrieval.html

I have not been following this thread, but if you don't have your license info
they can send it to you again. also, check your junk mail folder.
sorry if I am answering the wrong question?

crabtreechristmas wrote:

DonFL wrote:

Mine arrived within a couple hours of placing my order...

DonFL wrote:

TJ Hvasta wrote:

That's plan B, after I reach out to the mail blast company and ask them what can be done.

It's annoying to me that I get so much unsolicited spam/marketing blast mail, and these companies take an all or nothing approach to what they do.

Having to create another email address for this just rubs me the wrong way..:)

I dont want to get off topic, Don, but, you basically put your address on LORs "Do Not Call" list (accidently or not)? Since LOR cant un-opt you out with that address, your only recourse to get notifications of sales, was to make a new addy and add it to their Email Me list again.

Just think if it were a different company (not LOR) you opted out of, and they contiinued to email (spam) you, what would you be saying about all or nothing? There is no Plan A. My folks have owned a direct mail business for a long time.. We know about opting out. Plan B is the only option. There is no Plan A.

TJ

TJ Hvasta wrote:

DonFL wrote:
TJ Hvasta wrote:

Having to create another email address for this just rubs me the wrong way..:)

I dont want to get off topic, Don, but, you basically put your address on LORs "Do Not Call" list (accidently or not)? Since LOR cant un-opt you out with that address, your only recourse to get notifications of sales, was to make a new addy and add it to their Email Me list again.

Just think if it were a different company (not LOR) you opted out of, and they contiinued to email (spam) you, what would you be saying about all or nothing? There is no Plan A. My folks have owned a direct mail business for a long time.. We know about opting out. Plan B is the only option. There is no Plan A.

TJ

I did not put my name on LOR's opt out/"do not call" list.

What apparently happened is, at another time, i got spam marketing email, handled by the same mail marketing company LOR uses, and apparently opted to be removed from anything this company (the mail marketing company, not the vendor) sends, and so LOR cannot add me using the front end tool the mail marketing company provides.

My point above was that if I don't want spam from company A, but I do want mail from company B, and their mailing is handled by the same mass mail company, I should be able to do that. Makes no sense to me that it is, "if you don't want mail from company A, then you can't get mail from companies B-Z because we do their mailing also".

The mail distro company is working to remove me, upon my request. That will allow LOR to add me for sales updates. Based on a couple email exchanges, looks like they will be able to handle this no problem. So that IS plan A.

As far as opting out and all or nothing, it's the first time something like this has happened to me, so it's a minor annoyance overall. No desire to turn this thread into a debate on email marketing issues.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread...:)

• 2 weeks later...

crabtreechristmas wrote:

When/where is it posted who won the computers/TryForFree? It's August first...

Per Dan -

When an order ships, if it is a TryForFree winner there will be a note in the box that you are a winnner. So when you open your box hopefully there will be a green winners notice. Once we have shipped all orders we will publish a list of the winners.