Light-O-Rama Forums

Summer Sale

timmy

Am I correct in assuming that even though you opt for the promotion, the software download will still be 'instantaneous'?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rgardner518

• crabtreechristmas

• Don

• bwaldrep

The software is the same that anyone can download anytime. You will be emailed a key that will enable the ability to control lights.

I was really hoping the new Sequencer Software would have been available...

Dan C wrote:

So is there a discount on a software upgrade?

Dan,

To the best of my knowledge, the software has never been on sale.

Don wrote:

Dan C wrote:
So is there a discount on a software upgrade?

Dan,

To the best of my knowledge, the software has never been on sale.

Correct, unless you count the tryforfree 2% discount. Which does discount the whole order, and if you order software upgrade, that would be discounted.

Mike Arnott wrote:

I thought EVERYTHING was on sale, nope, not the FM transmitter.

Mike - that's for your protection. The whole house transmitter is a piece of junk - unless you just happen to live in an area where one of it's six frequencies are clear and you don't mind having the transmitter power to not even reach your own driveway. Any other transmitter on the market is a better choice - by far!

George Simmons wrote:

Mike - that's for your protection. The whole house transmitter is a piece of junk - unless you just happen to live in an area where one of it's six frequencies are clear and you don't mind having the transmitter power to not even reach your own driveway. Any other transmitter on the market is a better choice - by far!

I agree with George...stay away from the Whole House Transmitter. I am surprised LOR still sells it. I had ordered one last year but had to send it back. Wouldn't even transmit 20' to my car parked in the driveway. The "sound" of your display is 50% of the experience...why buy "tin" when the rest of your display is "titanium"?

jimswinder wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
Mike - that's for your protection.  The whole house transmitter is a piece of junk - unless you just happen to live in an area where one of it's six frequencies are clear and you don't mind having the transmitter power to not even reach your own driveway.  Any other transmitter on the market is a better choice - by far!

I agree with George...stay away from the Whole House Transmitter. I am surprised LOR still sells it. I had ordered one last year but had to send it back. Wouldn't even transmit 20' to my car parked in the driveway. The "sound" of your display is 50% of the experience...why buy "tin" when the rest of your display is "titanium"?

Thanks guys, is there something in the $100 range you would recommend

Mike Arnott wrote:

Nope...other than the Whole House Transmitter...

I bought a Ramsey FM30B Digital FM Stereo Transmitter for $188...but it is a full kit, though very easy to solder together...took me a couple of nights and it was the first thing I had ever soldered...worked first time.

Here is there site:

http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/

Go check out e-bay. I got my ramsey for a song and a dance. Works awsume. of course, buyer be ware.

Mike Arnott wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
George Simmons wrote:

Check out the Mobile Black Box Eclipse 4000 about $125 or so

There is a kit transmitter from a company in China thats 500 milliwatts (might be the same one as above), has a blue circuit board, digital freq display, I think it was abt $150 but recommended on some other Forums..

TJ Hvasta wrote:

There is a kit transmitter from a company in China

Isn't everything from China? :(

Here's a link to a 500mw transmitter from HLLY. I have the 5W version way to powerful but it does work great.

crabtreechristmas wrote:

When placing an order for the sale, in the code box what do we write? TryForFree or Try For Free or anything else? does it matter?

Per the Sale Info Page the correct code is "TryForFree" (no quotes).