Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BrianBruderer

SuperStar Sequence is complete and on youtube

BrianBruderer wrote:

I am continuing development of the software and hope to have a marketable version ready within a few months.

I don't have any CCR's, but downloaded the free trial version...very impressive.

Sure could use something like that just for regular sequencing since I will have a "tree" just like that but made up of 216 strings of LED's and using 216 channels.

Paul Roberson wrote:

Are .wav files going to be the only supported audio files?

I would like to support MP3 files but I have not been able to find any free software libraries that will play MP3 files in "chunks" as is necessary for something like this. The only library I found was one where they want to charge $2500 plus a percentage of my sales. This software is a niche product and I can't expect to sell enough copies to justify something like that.

So for now, you will have to convert your MP3 files to .wav files. The most popular product for that is called Audacity.

jimswinder wrote:

BrianBruderer wrote:
I am continuing development of the software and hope to have a marketable version ready within a few months.

I don't have any CCR's, but downloaded the free trial version...very impressive.

Sure could use something like that just for regular sequencing since I will have a "tree" just like that but made up of 216 strings of LED's and using 216 channels.

I would like to extend the concept of my sequence editor to general light displays. But first, I want to finish the CCR version. I am working on making the layout of the CCRs configurable since people will have different numbers of CCRs and some people cut them in half.

BrianBruderer wrote:

Paul Roberson wrote:
Are .wav files going to be the only supported audio files?

I would like to support MP3 files but I have not been able to find any free software libraries that will play MP3 files in "chunks" as is necessary for something like this. The only library I found was one where they want to charge $2500 plus a percentage of my sales. This software is a niche product and I can't expect to sell enough copies to justify something like that.

So for now, you will have to convert your MP3 files to .wav files. The most popular product for that is called Audacity.

$2500 + % of sales.....WOW

Not a problem converting. I converted a couple last night and was playing with the software. Very useful.

ok, how many ribbons did that take? and after seeing that all i can say is WOW, and then I looked at it again.