Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperStar Sequence is complete and on youtube

BrianBruderer

The best part was the Star Wars style blaster sequence near the end. I also liked the words spelled out.

Each CCR is attached to two 1/4" polyester ropes. I attached them loosely with 4 inch zip ties every couple of feet. To keep them facing forward I also had to run aluminum wire horizontally in 4 places.

Not sure if what I did is the best way, but it seemed to work.

Simply awesome!!!

Is your Super Star Software going to be able to generate the CCR lighting effects into LORs software grid?

I may be missing something, but I am not understanding how one can create a "complete" light show with SSS.

Paul Roberson wrote:

Simply awesome!!!

Is your Super Star Software going to be able to generate the CCR lighting effects into LORs software grid?

I may be missing something, but I am not understanding how one can create a "complete" light show with SSS.

The demo SuperStar Sequence editor only writes .sup files which contain all the effects in a "super star" format. The full version exports the .sup files to .lms file format which is the format the standard Light-O-Rama sequence editor uses. The sequence in the video was created by the SuperStar Sequence editor but is being played by the Light-O-Rama sequence editor.

When the file is exported to .lms format, it will "merge" with whatever existing sequence is in the file. Thus you create the CCR part of the sequence with the SuperStar Sequence Editor, but the rest of you lights are still sequenced with whatever Sequence Editor you are currently using.

Hope that all makes sense.

BrianBruderer wrote:

Paul Roberson wrote:
Simply awesome!!!

The demo SuperStar Sequence editor only writes .sup files which contain all the effects in a "super star" format. The full version exports the .sup files to .lms file format which is the format the standard Light-O-Rama sequence editor uses. The sequence in the video was created by the SuperStar Sequence editor but is being played by the Light-O-Rama sequence editor.

When the file is exported to .lms format, it will "merge" with whatever existing sequence is in the file. Thus you create the CCR part of the sequence with the SuperStar Sequence Editor, but the rest of you lights are still sequenced with whatever Sequence Editor you are currently using.

Hope that all makes sense.

Sweet!! Look forward to the full version release.

BrianBruderer wrote:

I am continuing development of the software and hope to have a marketable version ready within a few months.

I don't have any CCR's, but downloaded the free trial version...very impressive.

Sure could use something like that just for regular sequencing since I will have a "tree" just like that but made up of 216 strings of LED's and using 216 channels.

Paul Roberson wrote:

Are .wav files going to be the only supported audio files?

I would like to support MP3 files but I have not been able to find any free software libraries that will play MP3 files in "chunks" as is necessary for something like this. The only library I found was one where they want to charge $2500 plus a percentage of my sales. This software is a niche product and I can't expect to sell enough copies to justify something like that.

So for now, you will have to convert your MP3 files to .wav files. The most popular product for that is called Audacity.

jimswinder wrote:

BrianBruderer wrote:
I am continuing development of the software and hope to have a marketable version ready within a few months.

I don't have any CCR's, but downloaded the free trial version...very impressive.

Sure could use something like that just for regular sequencing since I will have a "tree" just like that but made up of 216 strings of LED's and using 216 channels.

I would like to extend the concept of my sequence editor to general light displays. But first, I want to finish the CCR version. I am working on making the layout of the CCRs configurable since people will have different numbers of CCRs and some people cut them in half.

BrianBruderer wrote:

Paul Roberson wrote:
Are .wav files going to be the only supported audio files?

I would like to support MP3 files but I have not been able to find any free software libraries that will play MP3 files in "chunks" as is necessary for something like this. The only library I found was one where they want to charge $2500 plus a percentage of my sales. This software is a niche product and I can't expect to sell enough copies to justify something like that.

So for now, you will have to convert your MP3 files to .wav files. The most popular product for that is called Audacity.

$2500 + % of sales.....WOW

Not a problem converting. I converted a couple last night and was playing with the software. Very useful.

• 4 weeks later...

ok, how many ribbons did that take? and after seeing that all i can say is WOW, and then I looked at it again.

• The topic was locked