Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperStar Sequence is complete and on youtube

BrianBruderer

I have completed a sequence to TSO Christmas Sarajevo (Carol of the Bells) and put it on youtube. You can use the following link:

If you search for "Superstar Cosmic Color Ribbon" it will be the second match after Demo4 which will soom be deleted.

The sequence demonstrates what can be done with Cosmic Color Ribbons and some software. I enjoyed making it, hope others enjoy watching it.

-Brian Bruderer

BrianBruderer wrote:

I have completed a sequence to TSO Christmas Sarajevo (Carol of the Bells) and put it on youtube. You can use the following link:

If you search for "Superstar Cosmic Color Ribbon" it will be the second match after Demo4 which will soom be deleted.

The sequence demonstrates what can be done with Cosmic Color Ribbons and some software. I enjoyed making it, hope others enjoy watching it.

-Brian Bruderer

Would you be willing to share the music and sequence?

Fantastic job. Can't think of any other words to describe it. Keep up the great work.

shfr26 wrote:

hawkeinc wrote:
Awesome!!!!

Love your Avatar!!

Thanks...Someone from PC helped design it.

Very well done..............Looks good on here...........I bet that looks even better live!

I think I would take a road trip to see that.

Steve

George Simmons wrote:

Great Job Brian! How long did that take to sequence?

The SuperStar Sequence Editor has improved as I have worked on the TSO Carol of the Bells sequence. If I was to write the sequence with the Editor as it is now, I estimate it would take 10-12 hours. The idea of the SuperStar Sequence Editor was to greatly reduce the time required to write a sequence. But I have to admit that what actually happened is that once I had the increased power of creation of the SuperStar Sequence Editor, I spent the same amount of time writing a sequence, but what I was able to create became an order of magnitude greater. In other words, 10-12 hours is how long I have typically invested in sequences in the past. That could have been reduced to 2 hours using the software I now have and I could have had a good sequence. But once I had that increased power of creation, I wanted to fully exploit its abilities and I ended up putting the same amount of time into it.

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

BrianBruderer wrote:

-Brian Bruderer

Would you be willing to share the music and sequence?

If you go to www.superstarlights.com you can download the free demo version of the SuperStar Sequence Editor. In that demo version is the Carol of the Bells Sequence and some other sample files. At the time that I put the demo version of the software out I was about 2/3 done with the sequence so the demo only has about 2/3 of the sequence on it. In about a month I will put out another demo version that will contain the entire Carol of the Bells sequence along with some other imrovements to the software. My focus now is to make the layout of the ribbons configurable so that people with different numbers and layouts of ribbons can use the software.

mmais68569 wrote:

Great job what software did you use.

Mike

I call it the SuperStar Sequence Editor. A free demo version can be downloaded at www.superstarlights.com

I am continuing development of the software and hope to have a marketable version ready within a few months.

cenote wrote:

UN-BELIEVABLY awesome, what a way to wake up on a Saturday morning.

Thanks for the comment. I still enjoy watching the video even though I have watched it over and over.

I have kept my light display up since Christmas so that I can play the sequence as I write it. Now that I completed the TSO Carol of the Bells sequence I finally took down the Star and the 12 Cosmic Color Ribbons. I think my neighbors I happy I finally took them down! I was starting to look like one of those tacky people that are too lazy to take down their lights and leave them up all year!!

steve synek wrote:

Very well done..............Looks good on here...........I bet that looks even better live!

I think I would take a road trip to see that.

Steve

Thanks for the comment. Hopefully next Christmas I will have many people come look at the display. I live in Allen, Texas which is just North of Dallas. If you come down this way next Christmas we would love to see you!

As I developed the software and the sequence I played different versions of the sequence over and over on my light display and it meant I had to leave the display up all this time since Christmas. My neighbors probably got tired of seeing it and it was embarrassing to still have my light display up in May. I finally took it down this weekend. Fortunately I don't live in an HOA or else they probably would not have allowed me to keep it up all this time!

There is a video on youtube with better music quality at the link:

The previous video was recorded using a patch cable from a boom-box into the video recorder. The quality was Ok, but the above video has the original MP3 music dubbed in so the quality is much better. Note that it is the same video, just better music.

• 4 weeks later...

WOW !

Guess I need to get me some CCR's... and take a look at your sequencing software !

Great job

Tim

Brian

How did you suspend the CCR? Are they attached to some sort of runners?

Steve