• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shfr26

• jimswinder

• Surfing4Dough

• George Simmons

Guess I'll just have to speak up as the Old Man from Down Under at 66 with 300+ channels and more than 70k lights.

Just got to love this hobby which is all mine - My wife claims I spend more time on or in the roof than with her.

Geoff

Gee - it took me too long to type those few words and I missed being oldest.

38 here in springfield, MO. and finally reaching the 100,000 light count. :P

Geoff Harvey wrote:

Gee - it took me too long to type those few words and I missed being oldest.

This sounds like the cue for some wise guy to chirp up with the venerable old "you snooze, you lose" platitude...

I'm 61, now have 80 channels. Been retired 5 years now, and I still have plenty to do without the lights. The lights give me an outlet that is really fun, and also strengthens the neighbors belief that I'm "a little different" ROFL.

I can't wait for them to see my Grant Tree, Robin Wheels, pole stars, and singing face.

I'll be 55 next month, with 80 channels of LOR and a few DMX, and will have about 25,000 lights this coming season. I've got 15 year old neighbor helping out; does that count?

I believe Don Williams of LakeMyraChristmas.com is in his mid 60's; both in age and number of controllers, and some where around 225,000 lights. I believe he's got the largest display here in NC.

Age is relative to your mind. According to my sons I am a crazy old man some days and a ignorant 14 year old child the next.

Since I am now 48 I guess I should go from 32 channels to 48. That sounds like a good plan. I keep looking at my programming and I always need more channels.

42 years young and one of my wifes "three kids" as she likes to say. :D Hope to break the 50k lights plateau this year.

chadh wrote:

21 here and going into my 5th year of LOR.

Did someone have to drive you to the store to get your lights the first year??:D

shfr26 wrote:

chadh wrote:

Did someone have to drive you to the store to get your lights the first year??:)

Yes they did. Pretty funny not that I think about it.

Guest Don Gillespie

Did someone have to drive you to the store to get your lights the first year??:)

At our age some one is going to have to start driving us to the store to get more lights what a great thread really interesting to see the age groups ion this forum

chadh wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
chadh wrote:

Yes they did. Pretty funny not that I think about it.

Glad I am not the only 20 year old doing this :)

Did your family do lights, or did you just suddenly get in to it?