Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR1 Software Update?

Blair Melanson

I could be wrong, but I believe that LOR I is no longer supported and therefore no longer available for download.

Blair Melanson wrote:

Where can I find the download for the 1.6.9 LORI?

I have followed this link but the update is not there http://www.lightorama.com/support.html

Thanks!

I sent you a PM with a link to 1.6.15 for you to download. If you are going to use LOR1 keep in mind two things.

1) What Ponddude said, LOR1 is no longer active. You should consider LOR2.

2) 1.6.9 had a bug in it, and was replaced by 1.6.15. If you are going to run LOR1, run this version.

Blair Melanson wrote:

Don is there much difference in lor2 can it be run like lor1 not using tracks ect and thank you for the information Blair

It is better than Lor1............in my opinion anyhow.

More upgrades, plays Lor1 sequences and no you do not need to use tracks if you do not wish to use tracks.

I like the modified fades (like twinkle fades)

Blair it is time for you to get up off of your groove thing and let your finger do some walking in the http://www.lightorama.com/SoftwareDownloadPage.html and retrieve your license.

Unless you need to buy it.

Just as lightzilla said, LOR2 can be used in much the same way as LOR1.

I would go ahead and upgrade if I were you.

• 7 months later...

How much will it cost me to upgrade from 1.6.15 to LOR 2. What version do you recommend for a guy who sets up once a year and always forgets how he did it last year.... I have 3 controllers... 48 sets of lights.....

I would like something that automatically sets up the show once I get the Music... I can not do the Sequence to music bit... I always start to late to learn it...

I am looking to make sure that LOR 1 shows will Play under Lor 2 with no effort other than telling LOR 2 which show to play... Also I have several 32 sequence shows but can't get the show to expand to include the other 16 sets of lights I have... will LOR 2 automatically do this by senseing (where is my spell check) that there are an additional 16 sets of lights....

Thanks

Jim

jleeper wrote:

How much will it cost me to upgrade from 1.6.15 to LOR 2. What version do you recommend for a guy who sets up once a year and always forgets how he did it last year.... I have 3 controllers... 48 sets of lights.....

If you are a registered user of LOR I (that is, you own a legal copy of it) then the upgrade to an the highest level license of S2 is free.

LOR 1 shows will play flawlessly in S2. You can also pretty much use S2 just like you did LOR 1.

That said, if you're not taking advantage of the new features, you're REALLY missing out. The addition of multiple timing grids alone saved me a magnitude in sequencing time, and there are many other time-savers as well. And I don't even use the new effects like fading shimmers because some of my hardware doesn't support it.

Thanks so much for your quick response.... You saved me a lot of money.... I upgraded at no cost....

I have another question.... I bought some show packages from LOR a few years ago...... I had 2 controllers (32 circuits total) at the time so no problem playing the 32 circuits... I bought another controller.... a build it varity.... I can't get it to play when all three are hooked up... I gave it a unit ID of 03.... the program sees it but it won't play through the 3rd controller... I thought it would just copy number 2..... it doesn't of course.... I even tried naming it 02 thinking both controllers numbered 02 would play .... it didn't seem to work...

can you give me some instructions on how I can get a 48 circuit system to play a 32 circuit show.....and have all 48 circuits work

while I am in this line.... what about playing a 64 circuit show playing on a 48 ( 3 controllers) circuit system.... I just want it to play something.... nothing fancy...

Thanks

Jim

First, can you controll lights on #3 with the hardware utility?

Did you modify your sequence to include channels on controller 3?

You should be able to have more than one controller defined to an address. They all will do the same thing. However, when doing this and trying to test with the hardware utility you have to keep in mind that you will not see the total number of controllers when you scan the network. It finds the number of controllers based on addresses consumed.

Chuck

Chuck

Thanks so much for your time...

Yes I can control #3 if I rename it 2 and take the real number 2 off line.... unplug it cat 5 bypass to #3 Now #2 and power off real number 2.

You asked..."Did you modify your sequence to include channels on controller 3?" I don't know how to do that ..can you point me in the right direction...

It finally worked I changed ID 3 to ID 2... giving me two tow's.... the first time I pushed the refresh button it only recognized 1 controller...I did it again... same thing.... the third time... it recognized 2..... but with an unknown name..... I then brought up the hardware utility... and low and behold.... it played both sets of sequences.....

Great..... Without you I would not have pushed harder to make it work.....

Thanks again......

Jim:):D;);););););););););)