Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding Video to Sequences

Linda

I plan to add video to some of my sequences this year and am going to use a rear projection screen. I set it up in the house and played some videos using a shower liner for the screen, but I get a glare from the projector light. I know others have used shower curtains and painter's plastic. How do you keep the glare off? Thanks

position the projector on the ground pointing up to the screen and then adjust the image on the screen to suit

You should be able to position the projector at any angle that wont show as a glow but again you will have to adjust the image. If you have a very cheap projector then you may not be able to adjust the screen shape

• 2 weeks later...

Is the shower curtain made from plastic? That might be why your getting a glare. Try using one of those fabric type ones instead of plastic.

-Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Did you have any luck getting rid of the glare?

What songs and video are you planning to use?

-Pat

The sheet works great as a projection screen, but it's going to be outside so I don't know how that will look during the day. I will probably have to put some decorations around the outside frame so it won't look so gaudy. Some of the songs I already have videos for are Mary's Boy Child, Christmas Eve Sarajevo, An Angel Came Down, Santa Boogie Train, Carol of the Bells, Christmas Vacation, Feliz Navidad, Hot Chocolate, I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, Let It Snow, Little Drummer Boy, Mary Did You Know, Most Wonderful Time of the Year, You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch, Snoopy's Christmas. I have several more that aren't finished yet. I had to edit some of the videos to make them fit the sequences I had from last year. I figured it would be easier to just add video to what I already had sequenced instead of trying to do both the sequencing and the video editing. Thanks to the person who suggested the sheet.

Yea I am going video this year too... Kinda silly to spend the money on 12 CCRs to do some very basic animations.....

I have the Voice Overs from Kevin the Demented Elf that I use.... I wanted an animated spokesman to be doing the talking... I had to figured out how to animate the mouth to a video... So now I will be able to video me mouthing the words spoken and will be able to motion track my mouth and facial and head movements and map them to my animation....

This is a test video for proof of concept.... Not intended to be a final product.... The final product will have Kevin's voice and not mine...

http://vimeo.com/11897562

• 2 weeks later...