Light-O-Rama Forums

Willy Wonka's Pure Imagination?

TJ Hvasta

Hi everyone! Has anyone tried (doing, or done) Pure Imagination from Gene Wilder version of Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory? I'm going to start a sequence of it but just wanted to know if anyone has run into problems with timings. The song slows/stops in several places..

TJ

I think that would be a great piece to see, let me know how you make out? Did you ever find it as a audio file? or did you copy it from the movie?

Yes, I did get a copy of Pure Imagination ripped from the movie, so it's got movement sounds.. I dont know if there is a non-movie version, but it might work out ok..

I did it a few years ago as the start of my show and it went well, some people thought it was a bit slow. I did edit the music though. I shall try and find it as I have had a few computer changes since then.

Cheers

CraigG

Wollongong.

I ran my movie audio clip thru Goldwave and clipped out the ("..and now.. the Chocolate Room..") spoken part if anyone wants it, PM me.. it's begins just before Wilder stars singing..

TJ

I did it this last season (2009). Yes, it does go up and down. I had trouble with the volume on the outside speakers and radio broadcast, because of volume going up and down. However, no complaints from spectators, in fact several positive comments. I had no problem programing it. Programmed it for 15 channels and converted to 240 channels. It is the song from the Gene wilder movie. If you want my sequence, let me know, and I will post on lorsequences.com
I got the song off the original soundtrack, from a CD at my local library.

GaryBo wrote:

I did it this last season (2009). Yes, it does go up and down. I had trouble with the volume on the outside speakers and radio broadcast, because of volume going up and down. However, no complaints from spectators, in fact several positive comments. I had no problem programing it. Programmed it for 15 channels and converted to 240 channels. It is the song from the Gene wilder movie. If you want my sequence, let me know, and I will post on lorsequences.com
I got the song off the original soundtrack, from a CD at my local library.

I would love a copy. But will you upload it with the song? Because I believe that's the issue at hand. I Just checked lorsequences.com, and did not find it yet.

GaryBo wrote:

I just tried to upload to lorsequences.com and my file exceeded it's size and couldn't be uploaded.
Send me a PM with your email and I will send a copy of the sequence.

Sent

I tried to get it from lorsequences.com it downloaded a unknown file extension. If you could please send to
donc@hearthelights.com
Thanks in advance, Don C.

The file was to big in lms format(extension), so I had to compress it. I used Winrar, giving it a rar extension, and uploaded to lorsequences.
The file will have to be uncompressed and you will have the lms extention.
If you don't have Winrar, you can get a free trial at http://www.rarlab.com/

Just a sidenote, the album, says Anthony Newley sang Pure Imagination, but it does sound like Gene Wilder.

• 2 weeks later...

OK everyone! I'm here to save the day! Kind-of! I'm so busy working nights, I do not have time to sequence "Willy Wonka's Pure Imagination". I just bought the Soundtrack CD from Amazon.com. So here is the unedited 4:22 min mp3 file. I ask only one question?

If anyone makes a 64 channel sequence with 2 or 4 8-section arches in it, Would you share? If its bigger than that, I will not have time to edit, it down, otherwise I'd do the whole thing by myself.

Thanks Ray

http://lightoramasequences.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,42/func,fileinfo/id,485/

I am working on a edited (shortened) version of this. When I finish it I will post it. I probably won't be for a while. I am putting my 15 other songs in this years format and haven't really been inspired yet. I am doing 405 channels for this year. My arches are 8 channels each with four arches.

Just my 2 pennuth :P

If you have a PC with a seperate sound card, i.e. a desktop plus Audacity and "Spotify" working, then most tunes are available!

Martin

• 1 month later...

CraigG wrote:

Have just uploaded 32 channel edited version to http://lightoramasequences.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,42/func,fileinfo/id,486/

Hope this helps someone.

Note - It is LOR1 - uploaded to LOR2 in error

Cheers

CraigG

Nice job on the edited song. I didn't us your sequence but I did use the audio. If anyone wants to see or use my sequence. just download craigg audio.

Attached files short pure imagination.lms