Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Posts posted by dougd

  1. I am not sure I understand your question. Arrangement in S5 editor?

    You can arrange anything anyway you want it to look. I have different views all arranged differently. For example I have one view that mimics my display from last year so I can copy and paste my sequences from last year into that view and switch to another view to add my elements for this year.

    One of the cool new thing is sorts. I have one view with props sorted by rows and another view with props sorted by columns.

    In your case, if I understand correctly, you could have a view that was identical to your SS layout.

  2. 22 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

    This year I have purchased a device that attaches to my truck receiver and then I attach a ladder to it. The angle should be perfect. You can use up to a 40' ladder. Will pay for itself in a year. I haven't installed or tested yet but it should work perfect.


    Got any additional information? Sounds interesting.

  3. On 2/3/2018 at 6:02 PM, caniac said:

    I may be interested in going, will be back in NC so it wouldn't be too bad a drive.  Will you post hotels, etc.

    I will get a list of hotels. I know there is a group coming from NC, you might be able to get together with them.

  4. Tennessee Spring Mini


    All are invited, not just the folks from TN. 


    WHEN: Saturday, March 24, 2018


    WHERE: Cleveland, TN (Just north of Chattanooga off of I-75)

    3787 Blue Springs Road in Cleveland, TN  

    TIME: TBD (typically 9 am – 4 pm)


    We’ll take up $$ for lunch, usually pizza. 


    We're not sure what we will talk about yet, so, if there's anything you'd like to talk about, post about it here and we'll put it on the list. Controllers, software, networking, etc.

    I am sure there will be something on S5 workflow and also Super Star. Other topics to follow.


  5. I used S4 for how ever many years it was out, once S5 came out I switched to it and cant imagine going back. Now that being said, I am all pixels.

    Out of curiosity though, I just added some arches and a few other AC props relatively easy. Added them to my grid view. When I sequence those channels they are the color I picked for them. Other than the actual channel names not being the color of the actual lights, I dont see much of a difference between S4 and S5 on how you do your sequencing. I still use groups in S5, except now it will group them for you. Tracks became views. I didnt want to have to learn a new program and S5 was just familiar enough but added the features we needed. Love the preview, i can see if you didnt have a second monitor there could be a problem, cant imagine sequencing without one.

    This program is nothing like xlights, (thank goodness), sure there is a lot of commonality, that is just because they both accomplish the same thing.

  6. Although I do sequence my whole display in SS,  in a world where you used each software to the best of it abilities, I think SS is more designed to matrix type props and the pixel editor or now the grid would be better suited for roof lines and such things. I personalty just like to knock it all out in one software and then add some finishing touches in the editor. If they added morphs and shockwave effects to the editor would be icing on the cake.

  • Create New...