Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


stevehoyt last won the day on September 26 2019

stevehoyt had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

7 Neutral

About stevehoyt

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Location
    SF Bay Area
  • Occupation

More About Me

  • Favorite Decorating Holiday?

LOR Software

  • LOR Software Version
  • License Level

Recent Profile Visitors

508 profile views
  1. Dan I have been paying for a vimeo account for the vids I entered. I assume by now all the vids have been downloaded by you and I can deactivate that account. Is that correct? Thanks Steve
  2. i see the mad grab sale has been announced. Has anyone heard who the contest winner is yet?
  3. have you tried the "drag edges" or "nudge" features? That might do what you want
  4. There is the "zoomed playback". You right click on a prop to use it. That might be a start to what you want, However It only shows one particular prop at a time.
  5. sounds like maybe a network issue too
  6. I have one of these. (See link below ) I did not use it in my Christmas display, but was very happy with it in another application. I used the DMX plugs from LOR to interface the sequencer to it. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073WXVM8D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  7. Phil and Dgrant Just curious what you think is the cause of the load problems you are having. I understand your files are huge and are now being compressed to the range they used to be. Do you think the cause is do to: 1) Number of songs I see Phil you have 52. 2) Number of RGB nodes and the speed /quantity of effects. 3) Using superstar perhaps? 4) Something else I am curious as my display increases each. It might help me in future planning. Thanks Steve
  8. FYI I have 10 + controllers in my entire house group and get some nice sweeping effects. Most of the time I use the "use preview" definition. Be sure when setting up the effects that you want, to ONLY use the group channel. If you also have something in the individual prop it overrides what is in the group. It took me a bit of time to figure this out. Until I did my effects did not work as expected.
  9. yes there is. I have the exact situation as yours. In your preview definition create a group. You can put as many of the props you have on your house in it as you like. You then define how you want them to be viewed in terms of motion effects. You may also want to create multiple groups too.Be aware not all effects may turn out as you think. Take a look at it and let us know if you have any further questions
  10. you mentioned that the channels EXIST in both sequences. Do you mean that they are also USED in each sequence? I had a similar problem and got around it by creating 2 different previews one for my background lights and one for my musical sequences. Each preview only had the lights needed. That fixed everything.
  11. I am running 5000+ rgb bulbs on 3 LOR enhanced 500K networks and a legacy 56k network all through a single USB port via a hub. 10 plus musical sequences and a background sequence. I don’t see any delays loading or running. el cheap pc on windows 10. just another data point
  12. Also look in the window for the control panel. It has info at the top about what's running, next in line to run etc., and messages about the history of what ran.
  13. I had a similar problem to yours. I have one matrix that I run a background animation sequence on. All my other props are run by musical sequences. I used a preview for them all that was called entire yard and contained ALL. props. The sequences would run fine separately, but when I split them and ran the one as a background and the others as musical programs my matrix went crazy. I fixed it by creating a separate preview for the prop in the background animation and "compiling" i.e. creating the play files using it. I created 2 second preview for the props in my musical sequence. It fixed everything. It appears that even though a given prop is not used ( such as my matrix ) LOR is still sending commands to it. When commands from both get sent it messes things up.
  14. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be. I assume you have a help desk ticket open and hopefully matt will get involved. If you think it would be of any value to you, send me a copy of your sequence and I would be happy to try it on my running system and see if any errors show up here that could shed any light on the problem. email is stevehoyt@comcast.net
  15. the verifier is broken as far as we all can tell. It hasn't been updated to the current levels. I would ignore it completely for now. You should be able to diagnose any errors you are having by other means. Sorry I assumed you were having other issues besides it, as you mentioned show on demand not working.
  • Create New...