Doing more research I think I found an answer for someone trying to use 100 pixel strings. They were not supported in Visualizer/Superstar, which is what I want.
They suggest to use the DMX Pixel String creator. Use that Visualizer in Super Star. Create the animation. Import into Sequence editor. COPY the DMX animation into a different device for a 100 pixel strip. I will try this tonight.
I was able to verify the strip worked by using Hardware Utility and setting Pixels to 100 and resolution to 50. They all turned on. Just need to create the animations and visualizer.
Here is the answer from the post I found:
update for all who are following:
After contacting LOR it is as I thought, strings above 50 are not supported in S4 visualizer and the old FAKE OUT method will have to be used.
If your unfamiliar with this method, here's a quick run down,,,
As you say, the visualizer does not support Cosmic Color Devices of 100 strings. The workaround is to do the following:
1) In the visualizer create 100 pixel DMX strings
2) Import the visualization into superstar and create your sequence
3) export the sequence to sequence editor
4) launch the sequence editor
5) add a pixie device and set it to have 100 pixels
6) use copy/paste to copy from the exported superstar sequence into the pixie device.
when you paste the sequence into the pixie device rows it will take on the pixie addressing