Jump to content
Light-O-Rama Forums


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


MichRX7 last won the day on December 2 2019

MichRX7 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

38 Excellent

About MichRX7

  • Rank
  • Birthday 08/07/1967

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Fenton, MI
  • Occupation
    Sr Project Manager

More About Me

  • Interests
    Holidays, travel, Disney, computers
  • How I learned about Light-O-Rama -
    Internet searches
  • Favorite Decorating Holiday?

LOR Software

  • LOR Software Version
  • License Level

Recent Profile Visitors

462 profile views
  1. How far apart are you drilling the holes? I was thinking about doing them like I did my bells on the coro this year where I just laid the lights end to end, but might drill holes from the back instead.
  2. So, also thinking about doing a Halloween show at my son-in-law's house this year since he gets many many many (did I say many yet?) many more trick-or-treaters than we do and was looking at video projection, but everything I can find looks like you can only run one video camera in S4, so now thinking of doing 5 singing faces within one video. At first I thought maybe I could buy some of the pre-created styrofoam tombstones and put a white oval protruding out of it and video onto the oval, then place the tombstones so the faces project onto them, but the problem is that the video doesn't seem to have a transparency and will project black across the background and the tombstones. So now I'm thinking of cutting a shape out of white pvc board like a tombstone and then projecting that tombstone image (5 tombstone images) onto the tombstones and I decided to give my first video a try with just a cheap tombstone. The first video was ok when I transported it, but believe it or not the frames per second was too high and made it look very smooth, and the exposure was too low making it look to real. So, I increased the exposure and lowered the FPS down to 7, and now feel pretty confident in how I might go about doing this (see video below). Has anyone else done anything like this? If so, how did you give it that creepy feel? https://1drv.ms/v/s!Anvyz6B-R-i9gsNOTMZwvIiZll_kOg
  3. So, I tried to search on this, but after a few pages of searching multiple projectors it didn't come up. I have seen the video for S4 on using an mp4 as your audio track and projecting to a "second monitor" in windows, but is it possible to send separate video out to multiple projectors? I was thinking of re-creating the singing busts and Madame Leota in a Halloween display this year, and can see how to get the effect done pretty cheap for each item, but it would require two projectors unless they were really close to each other and perfectly setup. That's why I'm wondering if you had a video card with three video outputs like vga, dvi and hdmi could you use the vga for your main monitor and hook a projector up to the dvi and another to the hdmi and send different video out to each projector? Or am I just dreaming away here. To me this would be the easiest way, or I guess you could put the video all on one and mirror your monitors (projectors) and do something cheap like partially cover your lenses in different spots to hide the video you didn't want shown from one to the other. But that seems less than optimal and limits what you can do in the videos.
  4. Wow, @james morris, 37 songs? I don't think I even know 37 Halloween songs. 😂 I bow to the master.
  5. For those of you who are running shows for Halloween, what is your schedule like? We are thinking of a show at my son-in-law's house because he gets a lot of trick-or-treaters (where my house might get 3) since they are in a sub-division. Do you run it nightly the whole month of October? Just a few days? I was thinking the 2 weeks leading up to Halloween, but wondered what others did. The nice thing is the lights will all be on the house for Christmas.
  6. Very cool, I especially like the depth you add to it.
  7. The website finally came up, and now I'm trying to convince my son-in-law we need a guys trip to Vegas. 🤣 I have spoken with Drew Hickman on the phone, through text messages and email many times over last year. He is professional, patient and extremely knowledgeable. I'd go to either of the pre-conference classes he is going to teach. And afterwards I'd shake his hand for all the help he's provided. Just my humble opinion.
  8. I tried to reach their website on my phone and laptop and christmasexpo.com isn't working. Either they have server issues or my phone and laptop have traffic issues.
  9. I'm also planning on adding some P5 panels. Looking at a 2 high x 6 wide grid. It'll be interesting to discuss with you your plans to drive it. I've been discussing it with @k6ccc as he has his signs working with LOR. Also, can I just say "wow", you are building a ship. :) Or maybe I should say, "Holy cow!" That must be a great Halloween display.
  10. This is super cool to me. My neighbors did not put up their Christmas lights, but came over to watch mine many times so I threatened them if they don't put up some lights this year I'm taking over the front of their house.
  11. And I'm waiting patiently. Let me know if I need to get on someone in shipping to get you those domes. I mean, I'm waiting patiently.
  12. I'd do a "light lake" in my front yard, but it'd be a frozen lake with snow on it by the time season ended. I'd have to add a few drunken ice-fishermen props to it for the right effect up here. I should have bought those strobes when they were on sale...
  • Create New...