Light-O-Rama Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Version: 5.0.20 OS: Windows Server 2012 R2 Module: Control panel After a scheduled weekly reboot (shutdown /r /f /t 120) of my server, the LOR control panel did not start automatically. This was not noticed until five hours later when my son walked in and asked why the yard was dark. Remoted into the server and found the LOR Control Panel was not running. Manually started the CP and the landscaping show started properly. Verified that "Launch at Startup" was checked. This morning, I remoted into the server and again verified that "Launch at Startup" was checked. Then I manually did a restart using the same shutdown command line as the scheduled task. After the computer restarted, I again remoted into it and saw that the LOR control panel had not started. Manually started the CP and it appeared normal. I tested this on this Windows 7 laptop. Started the LOR CP, and checked "Launch at Startup". Then did a restart using the "normal" Windows Restart command from the start menu. After the reboot, the LOR CP was running. Next I'm going to test using the shutdown command line to initiate the restart. I am not able to test this on my old XP desktop as it died on Tuesday.
  3. Today
  4. wnkrwnkr

Somebody That I Used To Know

that is cool I like the way you did that.. should you decide to share I would like a copy. Please Thanks Tom Terpening wnkrwnkr@gamil.com
  5. dibblejr

Great work, again. When you get ready to share let me know. Halloween, Christmas and New Years, it will work. Boots was a big hit here at Christmas and New Years. Thanks JR
  6. Do you have SuperStar? If so James or I can send you some and you can reduce them down very easily in SS. Let me know. JR
  7. Brian sent me a fix to part two that I just verified is working. Brian is wonderful! Now I guess I can get back to work.
  8. May I have a copy as well. Dvc929@hotmail.com
  9. keiths00

Looks great! If you are sharing could I get a copy? keiths@prtcnet.org
  10. Hello fellow Lighting Enthusiasts? Headed to the Christmas Expo In Texas? If so, show off your display and the LOR Software with the officially licensed Christmas Expo Shirt, we can customize the shirt with (see website for options), you can add your display name and customize it in your own color or font. If you have any questions or want to add your own logo to the shirt just let us know. Only $24.99 shipped to your door! Don't wait these will go fast and the expo is only a month away! Multiple colors of shirts to choose from https://www.cooltees.us/products/christmas-expo-shirt-lor
  11. aidancar

Morphing from On to Off

Excellent! Thanks for your help with this, looking forward to the next release.
  12. I found the problem. The fix will be in the next release.
  13. BrianBruderer

Morphing from On to Off

I found the problem with the multi-color light strings. The fix will be in the next release. Thanks for reporting the problem!
  14. My neighbors and I got a heck of a few laughs in reading the reviews as well... But the icing on the cake is the people who bought this also bought section lol...
  15. Brian, I just sent you a sequence file and some specific error information on what I am seeing. This worked perfectly in beta versions up to 5.0.18, but became wrong in 5.0.20.
  16. Yesterday
  17. I have a 12 row horizontal strips(12x50) and i only have one song for the fourth of July. Would like to have another 1 or 2. If any are willing to share i would appreciate it. matthewthegr8@yahoo.com
  18. k6ccc

CMB24D+CTB16PCg3+PiCap - Not talking

I think you've got it! If you have the crimp tool (I make hundreds of cables for various stuff), it's easy enough to make.
  19. Like caniac, learned something new, and you are right, reading the review is a hoot!
  20. smithzone

Thanks Jim Yep, I got the CMB24D jumpered to DMX which explains why that one works. I think I got hung up on the fact that I read that the CTB16PCg3 is suppose to understand DMX. However, the data has to be on the rights pins still (which I misinterpreted). I am thinking I will test out option 2 and see what I get. Yep, I know it is not a normal "crossover" cable. I know Coro sells them , but I will likely just make a couple.
  21. k6ccc

Essentially all of the LOR controllers will understand and process LOR commands or DMX commands WITHOUT making any hardware or wiring changes. The catch is that the LOR controllers use pins 4 & 5 for data and the DMX standard uses pins 1 & 2 for data. So a crossover cable is required between DMX hardware and LOR hardware. A couple of the newer LOR controllers have jumpers or switches on them that change what pins are being used for data. Changing the jumpers has ABSOLUTELY no bearing on the ability of the controller to process DMX vs LOR commands - it only changes what pins on the RJ-45 connectors are routed to the Communications chip on the board. With that said, the CMB24D DOES have jumpers for DMX wiring standard vs LOR wiring standard. They are located close to the two RJ-45 connectors. The CTB16PCg3 DOES NOT have such jumpers. So you have two options: 1) Falcon DMX output -> crossover cable -> either LOR controller -> straight cable -> the other LOR controller. In this case, the jumpers on the CMB24D would need to be in the LOR Network position. 2) Falcon DMX output -> straight cable -> CMB24D (with jumpers in the DMX network position) -> crossover cable -> CTB16PCg3. Important note: When I refer to a crossover cable, this is NOT a standard ethernet crossover cable. So if you go into your local computer or office supply store and buy a computer crossover cable, it will NOT work. You need a DMX to LOR crossover cable which has pins 1 & 2 (DMX end) connected to pins 4 & 5 (LOR end).
  22. https://www.amazon.com/Reciprotools-RCT-A10-Reciprocating-Saw-Adapter/dp/B001CNHDR2 Oh and read the reviews if you want a real laugh:)
  23. https://www.amazon.com/Reciprotools-RCT-A10-Reciprocating-Saw-Adapter/dp/B001CNHDR2
  24. smithzone

I have read conflicting information if I need one - as the CTB16v3 can understand DMX. Maybe I am misinterpreting that......and it can understand DMX (but it has to be on the right pins). So maybe build a crossover and place it between the CMB24D+CTB16PCg3?
  1. Load more activity