Light-O-Rama Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. I have had great luck with HC lights and will always use them.
  3. Hi Scott, I use the HC dumb nodes for my singing tree's and buy all my connectors and lights from them. If you buy the pigtails from HC, then their light strands come with the same connector. No soldering is needed. If you buy LOR pigtails and HC lights, you will need to solder the pigtail to the light strand. HC also sells solder tubes, but you will need a heat gun to melt it. Well worth it.
  4. "I would like a copy sent to kakulp62@comcast.net" "I agree to not sell or share this sequence with anyone. This request will be used for my private, personal use on my show only. I also understand the mere fact of making changes to the borrowed sequence and pasting it in to my sequence does not make it mine to share". Thank You
  5. If you are going to purchase a CMB24D with LOR dongles then make sure you buy all your dongles from LOR. HC dongles/pigtails and LOR dongles do not match up as they are different sizes so pick one vendor and stay with them for the dongles.
  6. I have had good luck with the 12V dumb Bullet nodes from HC. (I have over 1K) and not so good with the flat ones (the 3 LED (3 out of 100 failed first pre-season) I have 3 seasons on 12V Bullet smart with only 3 node fails, I added 300 more nodes for this last season. (knock on wood) My floods are 10W LOR NOTE if you choose these STYLE of connections, you are getting in bed with the supplier HC and Ray Wu only look similar. BE AWARE of what you order if you switch vendors. Some offer both . I also recommend NOT having a mix of any similar styles. You will always be grabbing the wrong ones for the controller. 💡 I use Orange and Yellow Cable ties (IEC #3 & #4 ),to indicate 3 or 4 pins (I have lots of both) AND does the duty of keeping the 'collar' at the end of the cable
  7. Just my opinion based on other people's reports - don't buy them from HC. I don't know about their dumb nodes, but there have been a lot of reports of reliability issues with HC smart nodes. With that said, you absolutely will have to use an adapter - or do as I do and cut any connector off. The CMB24 has wire screw terminals to connect. Here is a couple photos of one of mine: Two view of the same piece of the board from different angles.
  8. Hi JR, I'd love a copy if you still sharing. gradylights@gmail.com What class or classes are you teaching at Christmas Expo 2020?
  9. I would appreciate receiving a copy. The conscientious at Sunday School today was that they thought Hot Chocolate would be a good addition. I will be getting phonic mind later this month and with James assistance, will be using it to modify/compare the faces for what I can generate for my pixel tree and matrix. Another great learning project. I agree to not sell or share this sequence with anyone. This request will be used for my private, personal use on my show only. I also understand the mere fact of making changes to the borrowed sequence and pasting it in to my sequence does not make it mine to share gblankenbiller@yahoo.com
  10. Thanks for the reply! And at church this morning, the preacher walked up to me and asked if I would be interested in helping them set up one for the church. Said they had some money allocated for one if I could help them do one that told the Christmas story. So I was pretty happy. We are supposed to sit down this week... I’m kinda anxious to hear how much money they think they have for it... so apparently my show made a statement for the community enough for everyone at the church to agree to doing one! Haha but idk how much money they think they have for it. I told him how much I had in all of it, and he didn’t blink so, I’m anxious to see what comes of it!!!!
  11. Hello everyone, I have a CMB24D controller with the dongles provided by LightORama. I plan to decorate six bushes with dumb RGB bullet pixels. Light-O-Rama doesn't sell dumb RGB pixel strings (otherwise I'd buy them), so I plan to buy the ones from HolidayCoro. I have information on their Pinout (it's the EasyPlug4 configuration) but no information on whether I can use these with the CMB24D without having to wire it differently or fabricate some kind of adapter for the plug styles. Does anyone have experience with this? https://www.holidaycoro.com/kb_results.asp?ID=171 -Scott
  12. 2019 was my first time w/LOR. The majority of the year I was busy making props or sequences. My wife felt neglected also. This year it'll be better for her. In regards to traffic patterns. We live close to the beginning of a cul-de-sac w/about 38 homes in it. I would see one or two cars checking out our lights and listening to the music on their car radio. It's always nice to see someone appreciating what you've done. However, the most joy I got were from children, seniors (80 yrs.+), and myself. If a neighbor drives by one night I want them to hear a totally different show the next night. Thanks to the help of this community I have shows 60 mins. long and longer. I play holiday songs 5 days of the week. Friday and Saturday is "Santa's Playlist, (includes all genre of music). I've gotten plenty of likes from that idea. I even asked the closest neighbors for songs which they all were happy to do. So there's a sign in the yard that tells when and what will play each night. (not every song) For me, weather is a factor when lights go up and down. I'm in Ohio, nuf said. I took them down New Year day because weather was mild. As it turned out two neighbors came to help my wife and I, and it was a BIG help. So for 2020 I might go from 32ch to 48 is the plan. We'll see. And who ever sees the display hopefully will enjoy it. I know I will!
  13. Yesterday
  14. For anyone else who ran into the issue with 5.3.10 where the creation of .play files caused the size of the .play file to almost double in size (compared to the .loredit file) instead of actually shrinking the size, it looks like v5.3.14 has fixed this issue. So if you had to go back to an older version of S5 to get your 2019 show running, you should be safe to use the latest. I've just upgraded and tested the compression process and the compression now matches the size of the compression in the older version.
  15. Yes, but as my friend said, you have to set them up but not only in HU but also SE. In order o get 100 pixel rows you have to tell SE that you will have 100 pixels. Otherwise you will only have 50 pixels per port. You can verify this by opening the ports and then open the RGB in one port. JR
  16. So, also thinking about doing a Halloween show at my son-in-law's house this year since he gets many many many (did I say many yet?) many more trick-or-treaters than we do and was looking at video projection, but everything I can find looks like you can only run one video camera in S4, so now thinking of doing 5 singing faces within one video. At first I thought maybe I could buy some of the pre-created styrofoam tombstones and put a white oval protruding out of it and video onto the oval, then place the tombstones so the faces project onto them, but the problem is that the video doesn't seem to have a transparency and will project black across the background and the tombstones. So now I'm thinking of cutting a shape out of white pvc board like a tombstone and then projecting that tombstone image (5 tombstone images) onto the tombstones and I decided to give my first video a try with just a cheap tombstone. The first video was ok when I transported it, but believe it or not the frames per second was too high and made it look very smooth, and the exposure was too low making it look to real. So, I increased the exposure and lowered the FPS down to 7, and now feel pretty confident in how I might go about doing this (see video below). Has anyone else done anything like this? If so, how did you give it that creepy feel? https://1drv.ms/v/s!Anvyz6B-R-i9gsNOTMZwvIiZll_kOg
  17. Yes the number is 51 Use the HU to set the number on a port to 100 Be aware that 100 nodes x 8 can overload the power bus (bank) without power injecting. for all white mode Also if using 5V nodes: They Will need power injection as the typical limit is 50 without Also: All nodes must be the same chip and color order
  18. If I wanted to connect to 50ct strings together would the 2nd string start at 51? I would like to have a total of 100 per port on my pixie 16. thanks Gonzo
  19. The front of the star is 1/8" thick so that 12mm nodes will snap into the hole. However, some of the 12mm pixels are a bit thinner than others. There may be some pixels that you will want to hot glue into place after snapping them in.
  1. Load more activity