Light-O-Rama Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I've seen this version and a few others on regular antenna TV. Dumbest commercials I've seen to date, save some.
  3. If it's not sealed, I'd say probably 99% of the "outdoor use" labeled lights {especially mini and L.E.D. lights will rust away, both their leads and the sockets}. It's also why I stated the manufacturers SHOULD add this grease when they produce the light strands for "outdoor use". All I was doing was giving folks an alternative, and I even stated that doing my method would be time consuming, but if one wants to extend the life of Big Box Store cheaper brands of L.E.D.'s and Lights for a very long use, that automotive dielectric grease is the way to do it. Like stated, depends on the end user, whether they want to spend the time taking out and adding the grease. I did it and like stated, I have L.E.D. and incandescent strands now going on 15+ years of use and still function and no rust. So in the long haul that has saved me a ton of $$$ from having to buy replacement strands every year or 2.
  4. Today
  5. I would like a copy please sclaycamp01@gmail.com if any one else would like to share as well
  6. im still lost on how people think that just because they added/ edited their portion IE house lights or arch or whatever to it they think its a whole new sequence. It is still your faces that part of the sequence which you put your time into has not changed unless they are redoing every little thing which may as well start a new one it is not theirs to share.
  7. Hi dbeebe- you are right about the lack of common decency these days! It’s sad that JR and James even have to deal with any of this. As far as your procedural question- The way I read JR’s comment was that requests for all previously posted material would be through the forum, with the added language about not sharing or selling. You would only PM requests for new or custom material. And, I think we can all agree that we would go through whatever verification process they requested. That’s the least we can do to help out!
  8. As long as the requester posts something to the affect that " I understand I will not share or sell this sequence. I understand adding it to my sequence or modifying it does not make it my work to share or sell". That should be enough. For those that request prior, you can post that, Copy paste is ok. We will be adding it to the threads as people request so they can copy paste. Thank you and don't lose any sleep over this on our account. The PM's are only for special requests that are not in our sharing threads. Everyone will just go on as normal and post that within their request. JR
  9. Hi JR - I think you are both being VERY nice about this. You have every right to be upset. As someone who loves your sequences, I'm thrilled you are gong to continue sharing the existing sequences. Another poster earlier today (I think in a different thread) stated how angry he felt on your behalf - I have to say that I totally agree with him. This has popped into my head while doing other stuff several times this evening, and I get angry again each time! Sometimes it seems like "common decency" just isn't as common as we would like it to be. I have a couple quick procedural questions: Do you have some boilerplate text for the statement that you want, or should users just copy what you stated above and modify to be in first person (eg. I will not sell or share your sequence and modifying or adding it to my own sequence does not give me the right to share or sell the sequence.) I think you are asking that all requests be sent via PM or email instead of in the forum threads? - if that is correct, do you want a message for each individual sequence or if someone is asking for more than 1, do you want that combined into a single request with a list? PJD
  10. i understand. Also i will not share or sell any sequence from you or anyone else i have recieved one from.
  11. Ok, so we had a chance to test it and unless all a user has is 4 faces in a particular sequence it would be worthless. For example if you have a show with faces (any number 4 or less) and had one sequence with just faces you can use it in your show. However if you were expecting to use it with a full sequence you cant. I spoke with James and since we both have hearts, we do not want to penalize new members or members that do have integrity etc. Its a simple solution. Anyone requesting will type in their request that they understand they will not sell or share our sequence and that modifying or adding it to their sequence does not give them the right to share or sell. Members without integrity caught will be reported to LOR staff, ebay, paypal and or any other selling/ sharing site admins. Any new/ custom requests must be made through PM or our email address's and we will discuss in private but the same rules will apply. We will share the old sequences only - no sequences produced from here on out will be shared. We can only assume that everyone in the world already have our sequences based on recent events. Hopefully it will be just that simple. JR
  12. Since we have absolutely no forum control I doubt this would work. It would be nice if like some other forums I am a member that a user has to have …. posts before they can get in certain parts of the forums as well as a check box meaning they have read and understand the rules. Unfortunately or fortunately this is supposed to be a happy site where almost all of us can get along so I doubt we would ever see that change. Below is the answer to what we will do from this point on. Thanks JR
  13. Ok, so we had a chance to test it and unless all a user has is 4 faces in a particular sequence it would be worthless. For example if you have a show with faces (any number 4 or less) and had one sequence with just faces you can use it in your show. However if you were expecting to use it with a full sequence you cant. I spoke with James and since we both have hearts, we do not want to penalize new members or members that do have integrity etc. Its a simple solution. Anyone requesting will type in their request that they understand they will not sell or share our sequence and that modifying or adding it to their sequence does not give them the right to share or sell. Members without integrity caught will be reported to LOR staff. Any new/ custom requests must be made through PM or our email address's and we will discuss in private but the same rules will apply. We will share the old sequences only - no sequences produced from here on out will be shared. We can only assume that everyone in the world has our sequences based on recent events. JR
  14. Thank you Don. That's what I thought.
  15. You can change the media file, but nothing else. Channels can't be renamed, timings adjusted, copy/paste, etc. Obviously you can schedule it to run whenever you want via the Hub, but you can't change the sequence (Again, aside from the media file.)
  16. I have 64 AC channels and I’m looking for a mad Russian Christmas. Thank you in advance.
  17. If I were to buy a sequence that can’t be modified am I stuck with the channel layout they have or can I copy and paste the way I want? Don’t want to modify just put their timing wher I deem best.
  18. https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhqtkrw4x1ncxn8/christmas vacation.lms?dl=0
  19. This might not be as much work as you are thinking. I suspect most of us don't have that many controllers - We have 4 faces using Unit 1 and 2 (both for Halloween and Xmas - Monsters/Trees). I changed all our existing sequences to use YOUR channels this year and I have certainly gotten the impression that many others here have also done that. It might be enough to have a couple versions for the most common Unit numbers (probably 1, 2 or 3?) and just tell people if they want to use your sequences then they need to re-arrange and use your channels for the mouth positions. I think this would be a little less flexible for users, but that is probably a small price to pay to be able to get this kind of help. Because I have 4 faces, I have edited some of the sequences I received - For example, O Fortuna was for 2 faces, I copied face 1 to 3 and 2 to 4 so I had 2 singing back and forth and all 4 during the joint parts. I probably wouldn't be able to do that if it is locked down, but that is still WAY better than trying to sequence several new songs heading into a holiday. I'm not sure that this would work for the ones where James has added in other props. The odds of us all having similar props on the same channels is unlikely. I have copied the channels for his 16x50- matrix to my 16x50 pixel tree and I think there were tombstones that I copied over to my 8 single channel pumpkins. Do these have the same problems with people stealing them, or is it pretty much the faces that are the big problem? pjd
  20. Wow - it is so disheartening when a few crummy jerks mess things up. This is such a fantastic board and I've been really enjoying interacting with so many of you. The sequences I received from JR and James have been amazingly helpful and its so sad that they have been pushed to this point. I'm personally bummed since I just asked for a few more just this morning, but totally understand where they are coming from with this decision. Their sequences have massively improved my Halloween show. I sincerely doubt that my Xmas show will reach the same level without their expertise. Not sure if it would help, but a different forum I am on (not lights related at all) has a rule where someone has to be an "active poster" to receive shared items. The term is a little loose, but posting simple posts like "I agree" or in this case "please send me a copy" doesn't count. A poster has to actually interact and participate on the forum. Of course, it would probably be a pain to have to look everyone up to see if they are active or not.... and, of course, that doesn't guarantee that they are a decent person!
  21. Being new to this i dont know ALOT yet but i have been messing around with sequencing and trying get everything timed corectly. This hobby takes so much time to get everything the way we want it and i see how much you two have done and shared with this community, the amount of hours you guys have basically donated or volunteered for people here is enormous. People need to respect your wishes and give credit where do, Yall have simple request its a discredit for people to do what they have done to both of you. I hope we can all come up with something I know it was mentioned customizing per each personal request but i feel the amount of time and effort that will be required will greatly increase keeping you from your families more. I am sure that there are plenty here that would stand behind you if you were to open up shop. you deserve to get something for your time.
  22. ahh thats actually pretty cool and a great idea
  23. Yes, you would be able to add your other controllers. You just cant see the sequence. I didn't have time to test it today but hope to before I go to bed. JR
  24. Yesterday
  25. I can't blame you guys in the least. It is a little disheartening. You two were handling the lion's share of the requests after all. I'm sure with the intellect that exists around here, we can come up with a better solution. Maybe even a swap or exchange program? Someone once told me that when people have to invest in doing something (whether it be time or money), they'll take it a lot more seriously than they would if they were only given something at no cost to them.
  26. I was originally thinking: Sure, I can learn S5 fast. It can't be that much different, can it? Then I tried to figure out to do things that I know how to do in S4, and I have to admit that I agree with you guys. There are many questions I want to ask about S5, but now is not the time. I'm going to uninstall it, and reinstall S4.
  1. Load more activity