Light-O-Rama Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. That did it. I went back into the HWU and got the controller set up to drive the 100 pixels. I went through the various documentation again knowing what I was looking for and found the information on the settings. I thought it is less than obvious. Thank you TexasLights
  3. I just went through the same thing, the pixie8 is defaulted to 50 lights per string,. And it behaved exactly as you said when set to 50 pixels. However, once I made the change to 100 pixels, and set them all on, it worked and from then on, it has worked perfect. Mine is also 8D v4. Make sure the hardware utility is saving the change to the pixie.
  4. Yesterday
  5. Bob No help here, but I also am feeling my choice to buy a Pixie8 (to replace a Pixie4 v1) was a bad move. ` The Pixie4 had no problem with strings of 80-90px on some ports. 65px is pushing the port fuse (100px is almost 6A) of the V2 or Pixie8 I would like to know the fusing current (the current where the trace starts to fail) to see if I can bum some fuse sizes. Also, a simple layout change of where each bank is fed, would increase the bank capacity 400px is not an unreasonable 12V load expectation IMHO
  6. I have a Pixie8, firmware Ver 1.04. There are no jumpers connected to any of the pins. The printing on the board says Pixie8D V4. I've connected 4 strings of 100 pixels to my Pixie8. The strings are connected to ports 1, 2, 5 and 6. Only the 1st 50 in each string light up. With the HU, selecting All Ports 50 Pixels Per Port, the 1st 50 in each string light up. Selecting 100 Pixels Per Port, the 1st 50 in each string light up. If I select Port 1, 100 Pixels Per Port, the 1st 50 on Port 1 light up and the 1st 50 on Port 2 light up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bob W
  7. OK, think I have this figured out now. Placement of fixtures in the Vi vertically determines placement of the fixtures on the grid in SS. I have it in proper order now, but to do so, had to place all 4 circles in the same horizontal plane
  8. FYI: As I said, Ginger and I will be at expo this year. If you want to look at my 3 while I am there, let me know. I'm happy to give you a tour. If you are looking for it in the parking lot, it will be at the VERY BACK away from everyone else. I like to try to keep her ding-free . Just be aware that 'Sentry Mode' will be active Brian will be driving his Model S over from Texas. While I can't speak for Brian, I'm sure you could probably talk him into seeing his Tesla as well.
  9. I made my own .lee , 4 separate 100 string RGB pixels, placed them in the order I want, 1,2,3 & 4 and imported it into SS. In SS it appears but the sequencing grid is not in the order conducive to easy / logical thinking when sequencing. They appear with #1 on the bottom, #4 above it, followed by 2 then #3. I don't really care if #1 is on the top or the bottom, but need the other 3 to show sequentially
  10. You can copy the individual mouth channels to your channels and see how it looks. At least you will have lights to the words. JR
  11. In SS you need to use the 4 circles . Lee file in the samples folder. JR
  12. Please could I have a copyof this Please i am desperately looking for this for my faces many thanks in advance pclarke34@hotmail.com
  13. Last week
  14. I am adding 4 100 pixel circles, each 10' in diameter to my display. They will be positioned horizontally, end to end, with the middle two being offset vertical 1/2 their diameter. I set this up in visualizer, circles number 1 thru 4, left to right. When I load it in SS, they appear with #1 on the bottom, #4 above it, followed by 2 then #3. It would be far easier is SS positioned them the way I drew them. I imported them using sequencing grid Horiz and 100 length.
  15. Just an FYI, what you want to do is trivially simple in SuperStar.
  16. true but I actually want the letters to be on their side as opposed to on top of each other.
  17. Oh jeez, I didn't even read the lyrics til you just said something. Nevermind on this song, wow, it had a good beat I guess I should have listened to the words Haha. Not really a Christmas song lol
  18. So I am here to suggest you put the requested song name in the title as it will give the post a longer life. But then I looked up this songs lyrics and find the opening phrase "Bruises, on both my knees for you" which kinda excludes this song for a lot of people.
  19. I don't have any faces...this year, just 32 channels lights, would the sequence still work?
  20. I heard this song on the radio the other day and thought it would make a great sequence (such is how I think of music now lol) Bad Guy by Billie Eilish If anyone has this please please share Thanks, thomasmule81@yahoo.com
  21. May I get a copy Please. Your so kind.. I with I could watch you program for a day to get the hang of it. kittymskitt@aol.com
  22. Hello, has anyone sequences the Game of thrones theme song and would be willing to share? Thanks Gonzo
  23. I would love to see what you've come up with. cswisher@kmwperformance.com Please and thanks!
  24. Best answer is to watch this video. You will see some of the ways that the arches are used. One of these days I will get more videos shot, edited, and uploaded...
  25. For now I would just be using them for timers on LED strands. Then in the future some animation.
  1. Load more activity