Light-O-Rama Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Hi Everyone I bought 12 mini candy canes (23 inchs tall 48 pixels ) from Boysco is their a recommended way to layout the pixesl . Thanks Dennis
  3. Phil, could you tell me how to do this? I also have a large DB plan but I suck at the cloud systems. I troed to follow online directions to set up he backup of my computer but could never figure it out. Thanks JR
  4. Manually is the way to go. Bobs tutorial used to tell you exactly how to set the faces up. If you have 2 computers you could always do them in S4 and import in to S5. There is no difference between dumb nodes and regular leds, you just have to convert them to RGB channels. Its really simple and doing faces manually save a bunch of time. JR
  5. My bad this the correct link for the blade spinner sprials.sup (Sample SS effects file) Right Click and choose "Save As" Some browsers will see this as a xml file and will save it as that. The file is a xml file, but microsoft being ever so helpful knows want you really really want and will save it with a .xml extension. Try renaming as you choose the directoty to save it to. Or rename the file you downloaded to have a .sup extension. The link above for the 32 spoke prop sharpin.lee is correct. It also is a .xml file, Same thing Right Click "Save As" then change the extesion to .lee Sorry for the issues. Alan...
  6. HI, Moved to a new home and new layout in progress. Phase 1: Plan on installing RGB pixels Icicles up on house using the boscoyo strips. 7.5 ft=15 drops of 7 pixels per strnd, 12mm holes(I have 280 Ln Ft) . and about 800 RGb C9 pixels , and approximately 180ln ft of pixels for windows and garage door trim Phase 2: 4-RGB Arches 2- 6'6" RG Mega Trees Will LOR pixels fit? Boscoyo icicles and arches What controllers to use ? Who uses them? and if not what do you use? DO I use 485 or E1.31 I currently Have (8) CTB16 controllers full in LED's, 1 controller RGB 8 floods your guidance is appreciated Bruce
  7. HI, Moved to a new home and new layout in progress. Phase 1: Plan on installing RGB pixels Icicles up on house using the boscoyo strips. 7.5 ft=15 drops of 7 pixels per strnd, 12mm holes(I have 280 Ln Ft) . and about 800 RGb C9 pixels , and approximately 180ln ft of pixels for windows and garage door trim Phase 2: 4-0RGB Arches 2- 6'6" RG Mega Trees Will LOR pixels fit? What controllers to use ? Who uses them? and if not what do you use? DO I use 485 or E1.31 I currently Have (8) CTB16 controllers full in LED's, 1 controller RGB 8 floods your guidance is appreciated Bruce
  8. Hi Alan, I can't seem to get the sup file downloaded properly, when I save it and try to open it in Superstar I get the error "Invalid File". Thanks! Pierre
  9. you have to really look, here I got to some of the out of the way places in smaller towns.
  10. Yesterday
  11. I had never heard it before this either lol
  12. Also, for those who are looking for a timer who want to be able to program and control things through wifi and your phone these are great: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KB63CYN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  13. Hi everyone, Had S3 and finally jumped in for S5! I used Papagayo and 'Papagayo to LOR' from ItsMeBobO Software. Went to install 'Papagayo to LOR' (since I moved to a newer computer) but it is for S4, and expired on 10-01-2020. I have not jumped to smart pixels, so Superstar does me no good here. If I want to continue with my faces....What/how is everyone doing their faces if they are dumb nodes controlled by a CMD24D in S5? Also, if you are using Papagayo...where do I save my mouth shapes in Papagayo...cannot seem to find the folder in the newer Papagayo program. Thanks in advance. Looking forward to your response.
  14. Your situation is probably different then most who run landscape lights. My understanding is that they are using a CMB24D and a floodlight or two so a sequence installed in the CMB24D would be fine. Plug the CMB24D into a timer and program to run when powere on and the computer can go bye bye.
  15. I never get that lucky at the Thrift Stores! TNX!
  16. I do now! (Learned how to do that with a servodog over the holidays but hadn’t realized it was an option for the CMB as well). Thanks!
  17. That depends on what you are doing for your landscape lighting. Can't run my landscape lighting as a "standalone" sequence for two reasons. One is that I run interactive sequences, and the second is that over half the channels are E1.31.
  18. Since you are using them for landscape lights you know you can use the CMB24D as a stand alone and install a sequence in it and not have to use a computer.
  19. Looking for the pixel tree sup I would like a copy sent to kallan93@yahoo.com "I agree to not sell or share this sequence with anyone. This request will be used for my private, personal use on my show only. I also understand the mere fact of making changes to the borrowed sequence and pasting it in to my sequence does not make it mine to share". Thanks,
  20. Found it... Amazing how you ask a question and then it comes to you. Sometimes that is all it takes!! It's now part of the paste special menu option. Over on the right side of the popup menu, you will see the options about pasting to the background or foreground.
  21. Looking for the pixel tree sup I would like a copy sent to kallan93@yahoo.com "I agree to not sell or share this sequence with anyone. This request will be used for my private, personal use on my show only. I also understand the mere fact of making changes to the borrowed sequence and pasting it in to my sequence does not make it mine to share".
  22. Seeing how I do my work at the pixel level inside of SE, I used the heck out of the paste to background or paste to foreground or even paste to both in S4. Does this feature still exist in S5? I cannot seem to find it. I think this is pretty much the last unknown that I am battling.
  23. Yup; everything is running off a laptop in the garage that's on 24/7.
  24. I am not following how the USB485 adapter was damaged, you mentioned these were landscape lights do you leave the controllers connected to a computer?
  25. @PhilMassey Thank you for this!! LOR\commondata\LORpreviews.xml I was wondering if it stored it inside the sequence like S4 did in the animation screen or outside as an external file. I now know and have it backed up.
  26. The best way to share files is by using one of the "cloud" services like Google drive or Dropbox. They all have a free tier, Google is 15GB free, I think. I use Dropbox but my entire server is mirrored there. I have a 2 TB plan which is a little over 100 dollars a year, but I have everything on there and it is my primary offsite backup. I used to access my S4 files all the time from anywhere using Dropbox. I would imagine you can do the same with S5 and you both need to have the exact same version. You will need to set your sequencer file paths in /tools to the remote folder for all the data files. Set the motion effects folder in Sequence/file references. Your son will do the same. The folder structure should be the same on both machines. This way you will both be using the same files so there will be no problems with who is using the latest modification. You may have to be careful about opening the files at the same time, but I would think the service would be smart enough to stop you from doing that. One other difference with S5 is the Preview file which is stored in LOR\commondata\LORpreviews.xml. Make sure you have a backup of that file in case either of you mess it up, and it's not difficult to do. If you want to go old school, it will need to be a usb thumb drive, or other physical media. Email will not let you send large files and Loredit files can be quite large. You can also use Google drive as just a means to transfer files, but he will have to put them in the correct location. Make extra sure you have constant backups of you precious work, since either of you could easily overwrite or delete a file. When it comes time to run the show, you or he will need to create all the playback files needed by the show player on the show machine.
  27. Use it all the time, but it never showed me MP3PAW. So I wouldn't have even known about if not for your link. And I've been finding a lot of better recordings there of songs I already bought from pay sites that aren't as good in quality as many of these at MP3Paw.
  1. Load more activity