Light-O-Rama Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. James, Could I get a copy please? tbuff23@msn.com Thanks,
  3. James could I get a copy please? tbuff23@msn.com Thanks,
  4. I’m traveling this week. Will be a bit, but sure. If you haven’t seen it after next weekend, I forgot about it - so remind me then.
  5. dgrant

windows 10

It’s nice to have the extra resources so that you don’t get stuck “wishing” you had the extra when it’s really needed.
  6. Im looking for winter palace by TSO is anyone has to share. Thank you in advance jfrisina04@gmail.com
  7. I like having "extra" ram, 64GB on this machine. If its getting used is it really too much? This snap caught 7zip using 41GB of ram ultra compressing a backup. I also find it used when I generate effects with SpEx and other programs which build large clipboards.
  8. My backup setup includes NAS which detects file changes and backs them up immediately. For offsite storage, I zip sequences using 7zip with a password and FTP the compressed file to my webhost. My offsite storage is very erratic and usually only happens when I see threads like this. This time I noticed something new to point out. The 7zip program has a new ultra compress option 7z LZMA2. Released in Feb this year I think. It took about 40 minutes to ultra compress 74 pixel sequences from 2018. The result file size was only 54 meg which is incredible from 10.1GB uncompressed. The file took about 3 minutes to upload and is smaller than one average uncompressed file.
  9. Jesus saves. Buddha makes incremental backups
  10. Or a fire, natural disaster, burglary, or many other things.
  11. Any chance I can get your THX intro? Anderson372008@gmail.com Thanks Mike
  12. Can I see these if its not too late? Anderson372008@gmail.com Thanks Mike
  13. Yesterday
  14. And thumb drives fail without warning 😢. Make multiple copies and keep them in different places (fire or water can happen).
  15. +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Can't state it enough.
  16. + about 10 million!!!! As my standard mantra - Backup, Backup, and off-site Backup! Back up your files in more than one place, and AT LEAST one location that is off site. Whether it is cloud based, or taking drives to another location, keep at least one Backup at another location. If you want to read all about what I do, you can read this post:
  17. I hate messing with video codecs and bit rates. Converters and video editors seem so flakey, even on high power machines. There are so many codec and sub-codec variations, you can always find one more thing to change that MIGHT work. And that is if they don't cause a hardware crash.
  18. Success!!! I was making the file sizes too small and yes, using WMV worked. Takes forever now to calculate intensities but its working.
  19. total HD failure. I never put a great deal of effort into backing up but with all the work I put into sequencing and vis files, and the heart breaking stories of people losing all their work I have read on this forum, I backed everything up 3 different ways. With my repaired computer back in my hands, I began to reinstall my programs. LOR made it soooo easy and with the new speed of my comp I was done in seconds. Opened my cloud drive and BAMMM - all my lms, sup, vis, and audio where there safe and sound. I shed a tear. I thought I would share a happy ending story since we always seem to hear of the bad one where all is lost. People: if it happened to me it could happen to you. get a cloud drive, thumb drive, ext HD, email your sequences to yourself - whatever, MAKE COPIES!
  20. I gave it a try but no joy. I'll play with it some more today...maybe I'll get lucky. What I want, I can see it working in xLights but so far, cannot see it or even come close in LOR.
  21. Last week
  22. Matt said WMV is supported. Why not convert to that, at least as an experiment. This article may help. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/directshow/type-1-vs--type-2-dv-avi-files&ved=2ahUKEwjtv5eziOriAhW8GTQIHce4CXcQFjACegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw1Vaote0cvBk2Eguo2zAKo3&cshid=1560553150827
  23. May I please get a copy of your sequence? ktrucker65@gmail.com Thank you... Tricia
  24. I was looking through the tutorials but didn't see anything that tells me what the file size limit is nor how to be sure I've got an AVI type 1 or 2? I also gave a shot at using xLights to create the video on the matrix, but it too is having issues. I can see it just fine but its refusing to allow conversion due to it insisting on a CSV format as a file save. I know this isn't an xLights forum so not asking how to fix that. I did get an output though through their render and export, into an LCB file for LOR. But of course, it refuses to full import and fails with errors. LOL, its just one of those days...lol I'm seriously hoping that some of these things become easier in the days and weeks to come, not just for me, but for all of us.
  1. Load more activity