Light-O-Rama Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. There should be no difference between the modes as the clipped piece is not a stop for the cover.. I had some under sized (thinner/or just too old) jacket) SPT that gave me a loose fit-cover issue. 💡 I help seat the cover using the edge of my work bench to press against
  3. I also have used clipped out vampire plugs without any issues except the occasional cover of the plug slipping off center. thank you
  4. I use multiple inline on the same as needed. BUT pay attention to loading (total Amps) either way. BTW i just clip out the notch at the end with good cutters, to make Inline outlets
  5. Ok I understand, thanks. Now, if I want two vampire plugs on one channel of SPT wire, do you recommend two seperate SPT wires crimped in one +/- spade connector or do you recommend an inline vampire plug attached to the same SPT channel (giving two plug in points per channel). background: I currently have an outdoor three way connected to the end of the 3 wire black rubber pigtails. Very heavy and bulky.
  6. A Vid? This is simple. (The safe mounting of PSU's is the tricky part) how many Plus terminals does your new 50A PS have (I will assume the same for Minus)? A Pixie16 does not have a BUS fuse, so I would recommend you use an 30A Inline Automotive fuse for EACH bus. https://smile.amazon.com/HUIQIAODS-Holder-Wiring-Harness-Standard/dp/B07JPYHZS8/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1IO5Z8BKJMVQ0&keywords=30amp+inline+fuse&qid=1579364505&s=automotive&sprefix=30A%2Caps%2C201&sr=1-7 Does not include fuses. Most Automotive stores will have something similar. IMHO don't use the smaller fuse size version, you will get more voltage drop. You just put 1 of these inline from the Plus of the PSU to the Plus of a Bank. Minus is un fused, so just use #12 or 10 wire. Use Lugs if screw terminals (some Pixie8's have clamping terminals)
  7. "I would like a copy sent to insert email address" davejones_136@yahoo.com "I agree to not sell or share this sequence with anyone. This request will be used for my private, personal use on my show only. I also understand the mere fact of making changes to the borrowed sequence and pasting it in to my sequence does not make it mine to share". Thank You very much
  8. I don't know, you gonna be able to travel that far? 😀
  9. if you are still sharing, greatly appreciate it I agree to not sell or share this sequence with anyone. This request will be used for my private, personal use on my show only. I also understand the mere fact of making changes to the borrowed sequence and pasting it in to my sequence does not make it mine to share alex.patricio27@gmail.com
  10. if you are still sharing i would love a copy. Thanks in advance alex.patricio27@gmail.com
  11. My Halloween is a mix of rock country Halloween
  12. So excited to hear that it's in Vegas this year! Definitely going to stop by and check it out.
  13. Yesterday
  14. Any videos or directions on how to hook up one 50 amp power supply to a pixie 16 for both banks thank you Blair
  15. 2 wire cords do not have a Green. On SPT the RIB is common (white). the other lead is Hot (Black). When you make up Vampire (or any other cords) The Rib goes to the WIDE PIN or silver screw.
  16. It's on page 12 of the manual: http://www1.lightorama.com/PDF/CTB16PC_Man_Web.pdf
  17. I guess the word "ANIMATION" threw me off then. You must be talking sequencing.
  18. Orville

GCFi's

When I test it, it is plugged into a live NON GFCI outlet, since it is wired with a 3 wire grounded cord to be plugged into an outlet to power it. So there is nothing plugged into the GFCI itself when tested. The one I bought stated it was weatherproof and corrosion resistant at the time. And I've taken it apart out of it's outdoor weatherproof box to make sure all contacts are still tight and haven't had any corrosion issues with it or the wiring ro it. Just took it apart after Christmas tear down and everything still looks good.
  19. I want to convert my several CTB16PC 16 black heavy power cables/pigtails to SPT1 or SPT2 wire with vampire plugs. Getting rid of the weight and stiffness of the black three prong pigtails. I have already removed one power cable with a jumper in the controller. All LED lights used. How do I handle the common/ground (white/green) wire issue? Where do I plug them in on the board? I have seen a photo of the conversion somewhere on this site. Can't find it. Thanks
  20. Yeah, I will be adding more , got plans let's just see if I get there. Just got three 5 foot art trees that are flocked, those will get three channels each ,multi,a solid color and pure white . they will be in front of the garage door , in front of those I have planed a motorized "Believe" sign that would move from flat to vertical then back to it's housing, that will be lit with leds and made from coro, will also have floods . I found a geared drapery motor with adjustable stops that should do the trick , well at least I have a year to figure it all out. Waiting for spring sale itching to build yet another controller kit, and maybe a RGB flood system. This past year I bought a bunch of lites from Earle Talley , they can be seen in my display on the four trees I added for 2019, four art trees three channels each with multi,solid and pure white on each tree-Thank you Earle ,everyone loved them. I am still trying to wrangle the thrift store where I bought the 6 foot wire snowflakes for the other two . I re lit the ones I used this year last spring with new white and then blue. This year I added blue nets to the front drive hedges so it is multi then blue 2 channels. the day after Christmas I was at our Wally world at 5:45 AM to get the blue nets at 50% off for the much larger hedge along the drive way . There will be 18 sets of multi and 18 sets of blue on that one hedge. Well that's so far ,the year is young! hehehehehe David
  21. Hi, I would also like a copy. I would like a copy sent chuck_christmas@comcast.net I agree to not sell or share this sequence with anyone. This request will be used for my private, personal use on my show only. I also understand the mere fact of making changes to the borrowed sequence and pasting it in to my sequence does not make it mine to share Thank you
  22. JR: Thanks, it would be great if you could send me an LED version. I appreciate your help. Dennis
  23. It would appear that the OP is not asking about pixel based trees, but rather traditional string based trees. So depending on what else is in his display, the Standard license may be fine.
  24. The point is with all those pixel trees that you are wanting to run a Standard license will not run all those pixels. First you will need to upgrade to a Pro license to run those pixels and that will also give you access to PE which will help with the animations.
  25. 21:00 was Show OFF time. I need my beauty sleep and I sure don't need monsters at the door after 9. I get Grouchier 😕 The day after is rip out the stuff that does not get used for Christmas and store that. Next, I adjust placements of some controllers and retrieve Xmas props from storage and start by testing each in a place where repairs are easier before hauling them out to the yard.
  1. Load more activity