Light-O-Rama Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Mr.P, Correct, 25 Pixels / 75 Channels each Arch, had it this way first then I changed it for some reason????
  3. I am hoping you meant 25 pixels per arch and not 25 channels. those would be some very small arches. 😀
  4. A little back ground info., I am taking 2- CCRll RGB Ribbons and making 8 mini-Arches each one with 25 channels per arch. (I wanted to add a sketch but it's to large of file 825 kbytes???). I made a group for Arches A-1 and A-2, and then a Group for B-1 and B-2, and then a Master Group that covers all 4 mini Arches, this covers the first controller, so then I copied everything for the 2nd controller and made all the changes that was needed when copying and ended up with: GROUP A, GROUP B, MASTER GROUP A/B, GROUP C, GROUP D, AND MASTER GROUP C/D, then I made a "ALL Group Arches" group. This all takes a lot of room in the sequence page, you also have the 8 Arches, SO, the question is for all of you that have done this, is their a better way, do you use all the different set ups, etc. Thanks, Jack Using S5 ver 5.2.4 pro
  5. Total newbie thinking about doing a small pixel piece for this coming year. I was thinking of getting the below Boscoyo Studio Santa Hat matrix https://www.boscoyostudio.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_56&products_id=242 I want to do an outline of the hat than on the matrix piece I want to be able to scroll a message. I wanted to trigger this prop to turn on when a donation is made. Can I use the input pup to trigger the pixel controller? Not sure what I would need or even how to program this prop. Any help is much appreciated.
  6. Yesterday
  7. I must have this one! Please share. thomasmule81@yahoo.com as you can see my last name in the email...many people mention it to me around Christmas time! Thank you in advance!
  8. I just ordered some 4 gauge cable for a subpanel I am installing from this site. Best price around. The price for the SPT-1 is really good too. If it only had free shipping it would be the best. If I was in a rush I would have got it from this site. My other order comes much later. Thanks though, it is bookmarked for future purchases (as I guess we all come to find out we get more and more)
  9. LOL I had to go down the Google search to the 7th entry, the first 6 were all Cord blood websites. Right now the price is $0.17 for black or $0.21 for green. Not the best price I have seen. Thanks though I'll keep checking for sales and reductions!
  10. Older CCB are 5V. The wire size (+ and -) needs to be lots bigger to avoid voltage drop. (5V also has tighter limits 5% VS 10%). While 18ga might be fine for a 10' @12V, you need at least 14ga for 5V
  11. Mr P is spot on with the issues. If security is the issue you are trying to solve: LOR or Cable Guard enclosures are designed for outdoor mounting. Install 'hard to remove Ground Anchors (sunken below surface if in a lawn area) and chain/cable the controller stand/pole to it. Time is the enemy of a 'snatch and grab'. Make it time consuming. One of my controllers has long bolts (the heads are inside) sticking out the back with a U-bolt strap that goes around a steel sign post . I use 'jam nuts' over the main ones. You need 2 wrenches just to start the release. (once loose, you can align the flat and use a deep socket on the cordless). If Water is the reason, plan some shelter (k6ccc has stuff in a brick post) or make the prop or bush supply shelter. Flat on the ground is not a great plan. both enclosures are intended to be mounted wit openings DOWN and above ground (~18")
  12. Suggest you consider running two networks. Regular for your CTB16 and High speed (enhanced) for your CCBs. It will require you to purchase an additional adaptor and some extra Cat5/6 wire but will give you more expansion opportunity.
  13. I took the chance and extended a couple of older CCB strings with 4 conductor wire to allow easier access to the controller on the roof. Both were extended approximately 10' with no issue and have been running in my show for a number of years. Just spliced in a length of 4 conductor wire between the connector and the bulbs. My thought was if it doesn't work I will just remove the extension. Remember any modifications will void your warranty.
  14. May I have a copy? Thank you! willtamharr at gmail dot com
  15. Hello, Fire it up, May I have a copy also? willtamharr at gmail dot com
  16. I would like a copy please. Thanks. gladsons@comcast.net
  17. I'd like the matrix portion of this if possible. Thanks! gladsons@comcast.net
  18. Putting the controllers in the garage is nice if you feel they are more secure and had a smaller lot. However, with that much land it would be easier and more convenient to place them close to the props. If or should I say when you get into pixels placing the controller in the garage is not an option as pixels are distance limited. You would need a ton of null pixels and with the 5v and 12v circuits you wuld have to worry about voltage drop over property that large.
  19. Thank you for the replies. All great info. I'm going to reach out to everyone of you individually to clarify some things with you to make sure I understand correctly. My house will have a garage. Was thinking of a similar setup to the Johnson Family Christmas where all of his controllers (raspberries) are in his garage. That means lots of ext chords, but I have over 85 right now anyway, what's a few more. Still plan to put adequate GFCIs outside under my covered porch. Going to design storage for all my lights/controllers/props. Any ideas? My singing faces are a pain to move around/store. Need to consider FM transmission when I build and how people will view the show. The wife is totally on board with this stuff and helped me choose land to build our home that supported having a light show, that mean no homes hanging on the side of a mountain. Had to have a large front yard. Our land is 18 acres with 400 feet of road frontage and its 600 feet to our home from the road, so that is a huge area to do a serious light show. On a side note, I will be about an hour from Shadracks Christmas Wonderland and about an hour from Christmas Done Bright and not too far from Darryl Brown of Christmas Light Show. Very excited about all of this!
  20. Last week
  21. This is the EDM TX-LCD Transmitter(with metal enclosure) and uMP3g3 MINI Director that I have been using, included is the power supply (wall wart), the audio cable from the Mini Director to the radio (with volume control), the EDM TX-LCD Transmitter with the wire antenna and it's power supply. i will include 3 Kingston 4GB SD cards and the wall timer for $200.00 plus shipping or the the EDM Transmitter with power supply and antenna for $175.00 + shipping. Earle
  22. The new led lights in the above post is still for sale.
  23. Having similar problems with Papagayo, especially with V2.0b1 so reinstalled 1.3.5.3.. After several words, cannot drag the next word to the left any further. Definitely a newbie on this, so probably something I have overlooked -- NEVER minds, appears if I put more of the verse on a single line in the breakdown box it works
  1. Load more activity