Light-O-Rama Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. gsmith37064

Solar Generator

With 1 panel at 200w it takes about 11 hours to charge. AC takes a solid hour. I have 2 panels so I should be able to get the solar charge time down to maybe 6 or 7 hours. I have tested with simple devices, mostly USB items. AC items include a lamp, fan, and things like that. This weekend I will be testing out the projector and speakers to see how well it handles. After I get some stats with that, I will start to play around with the controllers for the show and see what it can do. The quality of the generator is great. It's about the size of a small ice cooler and weighs about 30lbs or so. Now the solar panels are awesome. Unfolded they are about 6ft in length. Once you are down, they fold up into this little hard case with a handle. Very nice and makes for some easy storage. If it can run my air fryer for a couple hours, I will be in hog heaven!
  3. Today
  4. Jimehc

Channels not matching??????

Because those S4 Channels (in the Sequence) are not in your S6 Preview
  5. until
    Visit the Light-O-Rama home page to watch the bracket each Round and vote for your favorites: https://store.lightorama.com/ Buy the discounted 'knocked out' sequences here: https://store.lightorama.com/collections/sequence-madness-knocked-out-discount
  6. LORAdmin

Pacific NW C.L.A.P. Mini

Learn more and register at: https://www.nwclap.com/
  7. LORAdmin

Ohio Christmas Mini

Learn more and register at: https://ohiolightingmini.com/
  8. Learn more and register at https://www.socalholiday.lighting/
  9. LORAdmin

Indiana Christmas Mini

Learn more and register by visiting: https://indiana-christmas-light-builders.mailchimpsites.com/
  10. I've been working on one s4 sequence and it looks perfect. I also made a s6 preview and it looks perfect. When I migrate the s4 sequence into the s6 preview it flags a bunch of channels not matching and will archive those channels and will not run lights. But everything looks like its working in the s6 preview. Is this something to worry about????
  11. LORAdmin

Michigan Mini

until
    Michigan Lighting Group Meetup Friday Social Event: May 3, 2024 Michigan Mini May 4, 2024 Learn more and register at: https://michiganlightinggroup.com/pages/event-info
  12. until
    https://store.lightorama.com/pages/lorzoomroom
  13. LORAdmin

Light-O-Rama Sequence Madness

Clicking on the voting button on the home page will bring you to this voting ballot: https://support.lightorama.com/forms/view.php?id=35880 All of the knocked out sequences can be found in this collection for easy purchase. The link is in the menu bar next to "Home": https://store.lightorama.com/collections/sequence-madness-knocked-out-discount
  14. Just an update[for you and anyone interested], yes, they are 100mW, and nope, they sure don't need to be by the curb either! I figured they wouldn't get very far, but I got a surprise, they went all the way to the end of the block in both directions! My street isn't that long either, about 3 to 4 houses on each side of my house, and this distance with just a wire soldered to the antenna pad on the board, laying vertical across a table, inside a shed with the door closed[shed and door are metal]. I used a cheap-o radio for the test, but I'll bet a vehicle radio may pick it up even further. The wire I used is actual antenna wire, and is just slightly over 4 foot long[table is 4 foot long, and the wire barely hung over the end of the table.] Sound quality was excellent, range much better than expected. Operating off a 5VDC USB adapter. My only complaint, one of them the frequency display is defective, the issue is the leading # 1 doesn't work, it shows 07.1, where it should show 107.1. Just a minor flaw, it worked perfectly, except for the missing leading # 1. For less than $18.00 for 2 of them, they are a great little FM Transmitter. My only other issue to figure out is mounting, since they are really, really small[fit in the palm of your hand], and have no mounting holes, and no room to drill any. I may just silicone one of them on the back side and press in place in the new box I have. Box will hold a small amp, N4G4 Director and my *MBB Eclipse 4000 FM Transmitter mounted on my handicap ramp. *Seriously considering using one of these tiny cheap FM Transmitters, since the MBB Eclipse 4000 is so large. You can put close to 6, maybe 8 of these little transmitters on the face of the MBB 4000 transmitter. Especially since the MBB 4000 and the Amp[for outdoor speakers] both use a large brick adapter for power, whereas the tiny transmitter uses a USB connection and a very small USB adapter I use to power it, would take up much less space. Using an HC2500 weatherproof box for holding everything.
  15. Yesterday
  16. I will be 65 next month (so maybe a senior), and have been playing with 2-way radio for over 50 years. Got my ham license 47 years ago, and a FCC 1st class RadioTelephone license 44 years ago. Been working professionally in communications / electronics for 44 years as well. Part of my job also involves electrical work (both 120/240Volt AC and also high current 48V DC). Also worked as a broadcast engineer (the audio side of it, not RF side) So, yea, I might know a thing or two on the subject of electronics. Like many others here, very happy to share my experience.
  17. tlogan

Help with a new direction, please!

It shouldn't be that hard. Granted, I don't have near as many channels as you have. As noted by others, once I had the preview right, converting the rest was a breeze. I would suggest that, if you haven't already, you create a new preview from scratch. Use a picture of the space you are decorating and create and place each prop where they go. For my space, I had to edit three views of may house to get the two sides and front into one picture. Concentrate on one prop at a time. You should have noticed that as part of the prop creation you assign the controller/channels to the prop. Once you do that, that preview assignment will carry over to EVERY sequence once you assign it to that preview. Any future changes to the preview will be reflected in every sequence it is assigned to. So create the Preview FIRST. This will probably force you to lay out all the props, controllers and channels, in a diagram or a spreadsheet. Then use that when creating the props in the Preview. Once you have the Preview, pick one sequence to work on. Import it into S6 using the default settings and open it. Assign the preview to it. Anything that was archived can be brought back in to the sequence. As I remember, you have the chance to match up old channels to the new ones in the Preview (hence, the suggestion of a spreadsheet you can refer to). And don't forget to create a grid view. You CAN create multiple grid views to work on a smaller subset of the props. Again, once you work your way through this one sequence, and have all the controller/channels assigned, importing the rest should easy. I've been 4 years now with S5/S6 and have made Preview changes and added props every year. I always start with a new Preview and then open a sequence and assign the new preview and run it to check for any issues. I've updated 14 sequences, once the preview and that sequences is correct, in 20 minutes or less. I hope some this helps you out. It can be daunting at first if you try to do everything for every sequence all at once. Start with one and the rest should come along.
  18. James Shelby

Help with a new direction, please!

I have set up two pc's with monitors one running s4 and one running s6. I've spent weeks rewriting one s4 sequence to have s6 archive most of the channels. I have figured out how to write a preview in s6 but I can't get it to work with the s4 sequence I've cleaned up. I'm at a loss as to what to do. I have over 1000 ac channels and this year the introduction of a pixel mega tree. From the very beginning of s5 I've had problems with the conversion from s4 to s5. I've had others in this forum look at a few sequences and were told I would need to rewrite all my old s4 sequence to new sequences in s5/s6. I've spent time trying to figure out how to copy and paste from the old s4 sequences but thats not working. The converted s4 preview is almost unviewable. I purchased a s6 sequence from LOR thinking it would give me an insight as to how to make things work but that hasn't helped. I have worked on this off and on for years now and have 6 months to get it finished and I'm getting concerned I will need to introduce the mega tree in 2025. Any help would be appreciated, I know I'm missing that one thing that will make it all come together.
  19. Does that unit your ftiend purchased have a display on the other side of the board and all the buttons to set the frequency? Would have been better if the company url you posted of info/photo of the transmitter you have would have had photos of BOTH sides of that transmitter board available to view. Read all the info on the site and says it's ready to use, but doesn't mention if it has a display or buttons to set any of its features. So I was just wondering about that. Didn't think to ask about those when I posted my reply on the differences between the one you have and the one I purchased. They really should post a photo for both front and back of that particular board, otherwise, lacking that info/photos, and not knowing, I'd end up passing on buying that one. That is, if I was still looking for one.
  20. Last week
  21. If I would've known about this 40 years ago, I would've taken electrical classes. Hear women in the field are sorely needed. Shut my whole house down just to change a GFCI once. No trust. I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & pushing on is a daily issue but glad I don't have it as severe as others. Have an acre of property to take care of on top of hobbies. You'd think I was into electronics if you saw the amount of Halloween animatronics in my basement.
  22. I am definitely a 'Senior'. I built my first Heathkit VTVM in the late 50's, Stereo Amp and Tuner in the early 60's before I went into the Navy (as a ET Radar). I did have a bit of advantage as my dad was a "Ham" (WA6BQP, W2RQI, K7SFX) and a EE
  23. 😁 For the record I'm an old senior [but there are a few here even older than me🀫], and with quite a few disabilities, one of them being legally blind, but I just push on anyway.🀣🀣🀣
  24. I can tell you & many others have electronic backgrounds. Most of the above is like reading a foreign language to me. Hope it helps someone else that is in the same boat but has electronic knowledge. I'm a "young" senior that just needs plug in here, will it work & don't or will create smoke lingo to understand. Thanks & I appreciate your help!
  25. Only differences I can note is the one your friend got has a booster built in, can use 12V and the size is larger, 60mmx40mm, and you have the advantage of mounting holes, the ones I got are 26mmx48mm, just a bit smaller, no booster, maximum powr of 5VDC, and no mounting holes for mounting it. On these I purchased If you use a usb power supply[5vdc maximum], then you only have to solder 2 seperate wires that are the same length at 2 places, ANT and GND, this makes up your antenna, or 4 wires if you solder a power supply at the + and - pads, but you can't use both USB power and the +/- at the same time without adding a switch to select which one to power the unit. My career was in electronics, so this is way simpler than building what I used to do, also worked as Electronic Tech and an Electronic Prototype Engineer. So this project should be a cakewalk for me.πŸ˜‚ Well, that is if they work as most reviews say it does. I'll find out soon enough.πŸ€”
  26. Never said they were 500mW. But quite a few of the reviews say they are using them indoors[inside their house and getting 200, up to 500 feet away]. For the price for 2, I opted to buy them and try them out. Once I get them on Wed. 3/27 and get one set up, I'll see just how far it will transmit from inside my shed [which is s lot farther back, and on the opposite side of my house than my current transmitter box. I'll let you know what kind of range it gets from an FM antenna. I have several I can test with. If it gets at least the range of a couple houses on each side of me and across the street that's good enough for what I'd use it for. My old MBB Eclipse 4000 without adding a 50 or 75 ohm attenuator between the antenna jack and antenna will get over a 5 mile range on that one, the Basewish cze-05b I purchased[on Amazon] doesn't get very far at all, it seems to have trouble just getting the signal outside if located inside my house. I bought an MBB 6000 before the cze-05b and its nothing like the MBB 4000. The MBB 6000 has problems getting the signal out and the majority of my radios won't even pick up from it, even if they are directly next it, not even my BOSE radios will pick it up, or even find the frequency it's set on. And the 6000 is set on high power. And the cze-05b was around $60, the MBB 6000 was around $200 or so with added accessories, and neither get out very far or not at all[MBB 6000]. So, I went back to my MBB Eclipse 4000 as I just couldn't get the other 2 to function as well as I needed them too. Was trying to have a backup transmitter and replacement if one went bad. My MBB Eclipse 4000 had a faulty power in jack, repaired that, so now it's back in service again. So I'm investing in these to see if they are any better or worse than the MBB 6000 or the cze-05b I bought as a replacement(s) for the MBB 4000. I would have bought another MBB Eclipse 4000 if they hadn't of discontinued them so quickly years ago.
  27. Thanks! Glad to know it was supposed to be there. Thanks!! Yours are cheaper than what my friend sent me but seems similar in case anyone is interested... https://electronics-diy.com/product_details.php?pid=796&name=76MHz%20-%20110MHz%20FM%20Transmitter%20with%20Booster It's getting over my head so I'll just take my chances with another WholeHouse for now & maybe my friend can mess with 1 of these boards for future backup. I know nothing of the jargon above & although I do artsy type diy sometimes, not into electronic stuff. Surprised I even made zip cords! ha ha
  28. gsmith37064

Solar Generator

I was sitting here trying to figure out how CA is cheaper with electricity than TN.
  1. Load more activity
Γ—
Γ—