Light-O-Rama Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. After much troubleshooting I have solved my problem! Thanks to all that helped! Now to figure out why my pixels are doing the same thing...im sure I did something else backwards. i did have a case open for this. You can go ahead and close it out mike
  3. dibblejr Thank you for posting the instructions. I had forgotten about them. They will be a great help.... You were a great help to me last year when I had hit a road block and assisted me with the Pixcon16. You were a life saver. Now using the Pixie16 and 8 I had bought last year before the Pixcon16 to build this Matrix display for the Fire Department. AGAIN cannot say enough good about how you helped..... Do you think I should put a vent in the front door to help the air flow through? It would give air circulation to the controller.
  4. Yesterday
  5. Since i am kind of new with only 2 years expeince so far, i hear you. I started with S4 and upgraded this year but so far S5 has actually made a few things easier. I also just got a pixel tree and i can tell you what i did but i at least had some familiarity with the new concepts. I went into the sequencer. The first thing i did was expand the window in the upper right that said Preview. I created a preview with just one prop, the pixel tree, you can add it easily just click add item, and then light-o-Rama props (online) and select the pixel tree. It had the 400 light, it you more, just update the counts. It made it kind of big by default so i resized it a bit so the perspective looked more like a tree. I then saved this with a name of JustTree, but you can call it anything. I then created an animation sequence, no music which basically gave me a blank 1 minute canvas. I used the zoom time out option in the center of the screen, looks like >!< to make the minute cross the whole screen. I then clicked on the motion effect icon (colored swirl on the right) and that changed the cursor to a pencil. I then drug the first 10 seconds and let go. When you do that, the motion effect generator popped up. From there, i selected different effects, you can see them in the generator as well as to what they do, so i picked some i liked and then repeated the process for the next 10 seconds until i had 60 seconds worth. I then clicked the play icon and watched the tree animate in the preview window. That is the basic concept. You can now change it around. Doing it this way, the next thing that was nice was that when i got the pixel tree hooked up, I just had to configure the channels and hook it into the network and I was now controlling the real tree. As i noted in another post, i have it setup on a stand in the office. You can then move on the musical sequences where you start with a musical track and repeat the same process.
  6. September this year as we will be at 40 houses!
  7. My apologies for the very long delay. Sent, enjoy JR
  8. Same as above, my apologies. Enjoy Sent with instructions JR
  9. Not sure how I missed it. Sent with instructions. Enjoy JR
  10. The other alternative to breaking wires is to remove the channel fuse from the controller and measure the current across the fuse terminals. Again the DVM needs to have enough current handling to support this.
  11. When you see MORE or LESS units than you are expecting, that is typically a controller that needs to be reset OR dirty communications. Also remember that weird things like this may NOT be where you expect. You are getting multiple CMB24s, but the issue may NOT be the CMB24 - it could be something else which is forcing the CMB24 to act screwy. First, reset ALL of your controllers using the instructions in the manuals. A power on/off is NOT a reset. Now test again and see if things are better. If not, the next thing to do is changing out all the CAT 5 cable. If you haven't, please open a help desk ticket so we can help.
  12. Good info. Thanks. BobW
  13. I was thinking of doing DC strings indirectly with it. Breaking a + line to insert the typical Amp meter is a real PITA, so measure the PSU AC load delta but I just did a search and things have changed (still pricier than a cheapo DVM) https://www.amazon.com/Extech-MA120-Clamp-Current-Detector/dp/B000BEZV5O there are ones under $100, that you just clamp around the lead like you did with the old AC ones (that I have a couple of)
  14. Totally agree, this should be a tool in every lighters bag. You can measure a single string or an entire circuit. https://www.homedepot.com/s/kill%20a%20watt?NCNI-5
  15. The easiest is to get a DC clamp ammeter. Not cheap but I find it very useful in this hobby. You can purchase a Digital Multimeter such as this for as little as $5.00. https://www.amazon.com/Function-Digital-Multimeter-Harbor-Freight/dp/B07BV833YN Its only rated for for 5a so need to be careful. Most of them are fused internally. You're running the power through the meter (in series). You could also use something like this which is typically used in the RC hobby. https://www.amazon.com/Precision-Detector-Analyzer-Current-Voltage/dp/B07PKHPC1T/ref=pd_day0_hl_60_7?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07PKHPC1T&pd_rd_r=002a392b-664e-11e9-a637-6b060766031a&pd_rd_w=VRPv3&pd_rd_wg=f8JlA&pf_rd_p=ad07871c-e646-4161-82c7-5ed0d4c85b07&pf_rd_r=T9D8F80Q013Q746QM7C6&psc=1&refRID=T9D8F80Q013Q746QM7C6
  16. CMB24's have switches. be sure you have them firmly in On or OFF. You might exercise the upper octet switches(2,3,4,5) 10,11,12 are normally OFF. 12 is used to reset the board (see the manual for the sequence)
  17. This is where having a Hall Effect clamp-on Amp meter would be handy. Not cheap, but, they work sweet. Just like you would with the AC version Come to think. Use a Kill-a-Watt. Very cost effective. Measure the idle watts, then set 1 string to white. The diff, should be close enough for planning (you couls then do multiples, to see if it tracks
  18. Don't go off of what the manufacturer tells you. Test the strings. You can buy a $10 meter from Harbor Freight. I've never had 12v nodes that were 60ma white. I run my whole display at 30% intensity or less. Average is around 20ma white at 30% intensity
  19. Well I hooked up my three controllers. 2 basic 16 channel and one 24cmd flood controller. They are 1,2,3. When i do a network search it is finding 6 controllers. 1 and 2 seem fine but there is a 3,13,23,33. All 24cmd controllers. Tried to unplug the flood controller and reset it, but now the unit ID wont change. I have no idea what I did to cause this or how to correct it. mike
  1. Load more activity