Light-O-Rama Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. We had a severe thunderstorm Saturday and took out our power for a while. So no computer, no internet for us for almost 2 hours and I can never remember the time differences between Florida and Alabama. I can never remember is Central time an hour behind us or an hour ahead of us where I am in Florida. Storm was raging here and took out our power around 6pm Eastern and it didn't come back on in my area 'til almost 8pm Eastern. The power transformer that seems to always get hit in these things is a difficult one for the power crews to get access too. Why it is where it is, is a a mystery. It's between 2 very large bodies of water and not enough access room for their trucks to get to it easily. So every time it goes out during a rainstorm{gets hit by lightning and those large bodies of water spill over their banks}, in my neighborhood, they have to come in through our neighborhood, take a fence down to access it from our side, then put it back up after they enter the area, take it down again to get back out and then restore it again {can you say "idiotic?"}. Which is now even more difficult for them because the owner of the park took away their large access area for their power trucks to access it easily, because the current idiot of an owner would not listen to the people that lived at the access point, and so put a manufactured home on the open lot that had given them easy access in the past. So now they have to slowly creep between the two homes to get to it now and their trucks just barely fit in the space they use to do the repairs{replace of fix the blown power transformer. And neither the previous or current owner would not allow them to put in an access gate either. Can you say "dimwitted, short-sided owner{s}?" If I can ever move out of this glorified manufactured "trailer" home park I will do so. We go through this every summer during the rainy season with the thunderstorms we have. And this power transofrmer ONLY affects our little section of the park. If I ever get lucky enough to purchase a real house, I'm gone. I'll never buy another one of these so-called manufactured homes{again, nothing but a glorified trailer that looks close to a house}. ever. If I know what I know now, I'd have never moved into one! Lesson learned the hard way. p.s. sorry for the bit of a rant, but it just frustrates me when this happens, especially if I'm planning on something like a class or working on my display. Soon as I hear thunder, I save whatever I'm doing and it's off the computer until the storm passes. Well time to go brew the morning coffee, maybe next week I'll have better luck at getting to the singing face class.
  3. Thanks to everyone who attended. We had a few more than we had last week. This time you were able to see me in real time sequencing. Thank you to whomever suggested it , my apologies for not remembering who asked. Once again hopefully everyone walked away with more knowledge than they had prior to attending. This time the video went to the Zoom cloud so hopefully I wont have any problems with it. JR
  4. Bump... Keeping this at the top and alive.
  5. I don't think it should change the color just by doing a fade up or down. It should leave your work alone and well... fade down or up.
  6. As I said in my previous response, if you just put in a fade down it is treated as a NEW effect - which in this case is a face down. If you want to apply the fade down to an existing effect, then us the foreground effects - that's what it's there for. This is EXACTLY the way it worked in S3, & S4. Obviously in S3 & S4 it was not doing that with motion effects since those did not exist in S3 & S4, but it was with normal sequencing. And I just tested this on one of my sequences to make sure it worked the way it always has...
  7. Yesterday
  8. @MattBrown Any word on this one? It's pretty sad that I have 7 months worth of work that I can't use anymore because S5 decides to archive my active props. I have 2 tickets open for various issues and not getting anything back. As a paying customer of YOUR software, I would expect better support. It would be much different if the software was free like Xlights.
  9. No... It still changes the color if you just select fade down. For now, I do my row in bright red and then fade the portion down that I want, then I go behind and get changed to the deeper red color. It's a pain as it's double the work.
  10. cool. In 5.2.4 (and earlier?) the behavior is to use the existing motion effect so I guess this bug has been fixed now? Russ
  11. Sorry my friend these are all standard led/ incans 5 mouth movements JR.
  12. Sorry my friend these are all standard led/ incans 5 mouth movements JR.
  13. Get as many channel sequences as you can. Don't limit to just 16 since you will have to select props from them for yours. And by the end of next year you will have 64 channels or more. The addiction begins. Visit the Sequence Sharing section and request what you see. Even face sequences can be copy and pasted in to your non face lights and a lot of people do this. Give you at least lights to the vocals to help you get started. Welcome to the forums JR
  14. I just scrubbed this thread for late additions to the class. Email going out now. If you get the email and don't wish to attend just ignore it. Some of you wanted to attend the last one but didn't so I am including you just in case. Please have the lcc loaded and turn on the first 4 rows of each face. This way we will all be in the same screen. Anyone else who would like to attend please add your info here or PM or email me if you have my email. The cutoff time will be 4:00 pm Central time. The class will start a t 6:00pm Central. The waiting room is open so early birds can talk to one another. That worked out well and I didn't once use the mute button on my own. We had a short period with a technical glitch/ user error but hopefully this time I remember to hit the "share audio from this computer". Hope to meet some new friends tomorrow. JR
  15. Getting ready to send as soon as I check this thread See you tomorrow my friend JR
  16. k6ccc

color groups

In Preview Editor, create a second group with the same props. Then in Sequencer, open that group and drag and drop the channels into the desired order. I called the one group "by tree", and the other group "by color".
  17. Sanman

color groups

I have all trees in a group but how do u group colors
  18. Last week
  19. Jr I don’t have the link for Zoom can you send thanks Dennis
  20. k6ccc

color groups

I just did this as a demo. At the bottom is the four trees (with tree 1 expanded for each channel). At the top is a group that has all four trees with the channels arranged in color order. Below that is another group with the channels arranged in tree/color order. Make sense?
  21. k6ccc

color groups

I am assuming that you are talking about 5 colors of traditional strings on each tree. Create a group for each color that has the four trees in each group. Then chase on that group.
  22. That would be correct. It is doing exactly what you told it to do. Granted, that is not what you wanted it to do, but it is what you told it to do. If you just use fade up or fade down, you are applying a new effect that replaces the previous effect. If you want to modify the existing effect, you have to tell it that you want to modify the existing effect. Your "workaround" is the correct way to accomplish that.
  23. I will be scrubbing this thread tonight looking for the new attendees that didn't attend last week. The same link should work, if it doesn't post here or PM me. I will also look at it tomorrow at 4:00 pm but after that you may get missed since I have to set everything up. I look forward helping you learn how I sequence the 5 mouth movement sequences. PM me your email if you wish to attend. Also please read the initial post , it has a link to the required song. JR
  24. Sanman

color groups

hello all. I have four trees with five different colors on each tree how do i group a color so I can chase the individual color across all trees. meaning if I want my trees to come on from left to right with one color. In my sequencer it is chasing all colors I dont know how to assign one color per geoup please help ty in advance
  25. I can’t send pics without either a phone number or email so if you would like shoot me a text. We are very limited here .However looking at your you may have plenty of options since these are so light, durable and bright. 1- hang from the home where the viewer can see it. They are bright so no problem with there and the way I used the Boscoyo strips is very easy. Place a screw or hook at the top wherever you want to mount, zip tie the top corners to the strip and hang on the hook. Place a stake in the ground at the corners and use another strip at the lower corners and some string to put tension to keep them from blowing with the wind. This makes it a very easy prop to hang. 2- run a section of 2” grey pvc pipe beteen the two trees and so the same as above. 3- Get the green T fence posts and use a post hammer tool to drive them in. Build a two part wood frame - top and bottom rails. Screw the wood to the posts and then secure the faces to them. Using screws or hooks. The faces do not weigh anything at all. I have the controllers ziptied to the bottom but for shows they will be zip ties to the back of the prop. I use this technique for my 8 large circles and it works great. All of the above make it easy to take down and store. The first one will take up the least amount of storage but it looks like you may have storage space. My T posts and pvc all get stored outside by my barn and will last a long time exposed to the elements. Hopefully this helps and if you want pics pm me the info. JR
  26. If you've got pictures I'd love to see them. I'm still trying to decide the best place to mount them. I've attached a picture of the front of my property. I have a wrap around driveway, that I thought people could use to drive thru, but most stop on the road to the front of my property to watch the lights (Roughly where the picture is taken from). This last year I wrapped each large tree trunk on the left with a separate light channel and hung colored balls from the tree, I made 4 small trees out of light strands on the grass, and wrapped 4 light strands around the small tree in front of the fence. I also did my roof line in four separate sections. My thinking this year is to mount the ribbon pixel tree off the shed (easier to see without the leaves), and maybe place the singing faces in the lawn closer to the audience?
  1. Load more activity