Light-O-Rama Forums

Clearance sale

friskybri

csf wrote:

PaulXmas, spending money on text books yes, bear no, well at least I don't, cant say the same about most college students.

Errr caught a spelling error! If not for spell check most people would have no idea what I was saying. But you may want to spend your money on bear or ???

As for the student discount...I have kids that go to school so I could use their ID and such..how would anyone know?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• LightORamaDan

• cenote

• PaulXmas

PaulXmas wrote:

csf wrote:

PaulXmas, spending money on text books yes, bear no, well at least I don't, cant say the same about most college students.

Errr caught a spelling error! If not for spell check most people would have no idea what I was saying. But you may want to spend your money on bear or ???

Is this what college kids are spending their money on these days?
polarBear.jpg
I knew that the environmentalists were flooding the universities, but I didn't realize they were that effective!

It was an amazing sale. In the past this had been a "Secret" and we can see why. If you tell the world about the sale it is an amazing slam... Like people lining up at Best Buys to get a deal on black Friday. Luckly as you open the doors on a E-store no one is trampled and no one is physically hurt!

Sorry to those that missed out. We will work to make things better next year. We may go back to the "Secret" deal but we have to adjust our website so that people realize it is a "Secret" and we don't get a ton of people upset (like in previous years) because we never told them about the sale. ...

How good was the sale... Well most stuff was sold (about 1500 items) in the first 10 minutes. Way beyond our expectations but leads to a number of understandably frustrated folks.

To answer some of the emails and posts:

There were no "very large" purchases. The average was 3 items.

We started with about 2000 items total with up to 500 of an individual item.

(because one particular email irked me) We had info about how the inventory control worked on the sale page before the sale was started, it was not added later... (look, in a world where people can cache your pages I would be stupid to make up things about what was posted on the Internet!!)... Perhaps we should have made that section of the page more prominent.

Yes we still have stock (at regular prices) on all items that were on sale. We never said we would sell everything on the shelf. A certain number of items were allocated to be sold at sale price.

Congratulations to everyone that got in to get what they wanted and for those that missed out there is the Summer Sale just around the corner. Remember with the summer sale, if we have the same promotion as last year, you may get your order for free!

Thank You!
Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

(because one particular email irked me) We had info about how the inventory control worked on the sale page before the sale was started, it was not added later... (look, in a world where people can cache your pages I would be stupid to make up things about what was posted on the Internet!!)... Perhaps we should have made that section of the page more prominent.
Dan in my experience as a business owner for over 10 years, you could put something in bright red, flashing with loud audio of the text and some will still not see, hear, read, comprehend it.

People will always complain, and you will kill yourself trying to make everyone happy.

Thank you for all the work you and your staff do, and thank you for offering any sales at all. We all know you don't have to put things on sale, and we would still buy stuff from you, so thank you for allowing us to save some money 1-2 times a year.

Dan and everyone else at LOR Thank you for the sale hoping to be able to get something at the next one.

If you guys want to make a truly secret sale try doing an unannounced one after Halloween maybe. You could just add a discount at the time of checkout so that people would not notice it till they get their billing.

Guest wbottomley

paulcav151 wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
I bought the last three CTB08 boards.

Bill:  What are the CTB08's used for?  How do you use them?

They're the same as the CTB16 but with 8 less channels.

I would love it if LOR had 6 channel and 4 channel boards. Then the most expense would be cat 5 cable instead of extension cords.

How I plan to use them is on my spinners and/or other 8 channel features.

Here's the funny part, that brings my count up to.... too darn many.

Dan, don't worry about the whiners. I work in tv news and 80% of the callers to the newsroom complain about something said, we didn't cover their event, or how we missed the forecast.

pikadroo wrote:

cenote wrote:
Thanks Dan for the Info

By the way, can you legally tell us who got the first order logged was?

I was wondering that myself.

Drew

The first order was completed at:

Sat Feb 27 22:01:02 EST 2010 ; from D.P. of WA for 2 pair of ELLs.

Sat Feb 27 22:01:12 EST 2010; from P.L. of Canada for 3 PC-Completes

Things started moving faster so that at Sat Feb 27 22:01:35 EST 2010 there were 3 orders in that same second.

Dan

I have to tell you Dan, I think this sale was run perfectly. I am upset I missed out, but hey, life sucks sometimes.

You clearly informed everyone, both on the forums and the actual sale page, that there were limited quantities and when things were gone, they were gone. You also sent out an email this year explaining the sale, which also worked well. I get people are upset they missed out, myself included, but if you went to Wal-Mart for a sale just like this and they ran out of stuff, they couldn't do much to get you what you wanted either.

Congrats on a great sale and you will be seeing my money in the summer! :P

Wow.....that was quite a feeding frenzy. I had no trouble ordering the next day in the past secret sales. Not this time.

Looks like I will be waiting till the summer sale to order my controllers.

Guest wbottomley

pikadroo wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
I would love it if LOR had 6 channel and 4 channel boards. Then the most expense would be cat 5 cable instead of extension cords.

Yeah, I wish that was possible too.

Drew 

Drew... this has been floating around for a while. Just wondering when it will be available.

Guest wbottomley

pikadroo wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
pikadroo wrote:
Mountainwxman wrote:

Drew 

Drew... this has been floating around for a while. Just wondering when it will be available.

What? Where? where are they all floaty? :?:shock::?

Drew

The idea.

I remember of a 6 outlet power strip that was a controller.

With all the LED lights and low power consumption, I'd like to see a 32 or 64 channel controller...More channels for the footprint...

How about a system that is module?

Everything is a set size (say 2, 4 or 8 controllers) and if you want 64 channels, you just buy 32 (or 16 or 8) sets that have the ability to just plug into one another...

Mountainwxman wrote:

pikadroo wrote:
Mountainwxman wrote:
pikadroo wrote:
Mountainwxman wrote:

Drew 

Drew

The idea.

This...

http://www.lightorama.com/Documents/LOR800D.pdf

Guest wbottomley

Ponddude wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:
pikadroo wrote:
Mountainwxman wrote:
pikadroo wrote:
Mountainwxman wrote:

Drew 

Drew

The idea.

This...

http://www.lightorama.com/Documents/LOR800D.pdf

Nope.... this: LOR600_detail1.jpg

I remember seeing the one you posted Greg.

Mountainwxman wrote: Nope.... this: LOR600_detail1.jpg

Wow, that is a really cool idea.. first time I've ever seen it. Plus, now that all LOR controllers can work on dmx, these would be awesome dimmer packs for dj lighting.

I don't believe those were ever actually sold, were they? I did get to hold one at PLUS 2003 though...