Light-O-Rama Forums

Clearance sale

friskybri

George:

That's exactly what my plan is. I did a "rough" check and currently can find only a few open frequencies, and none with open on either side. I did the driveway check the other night with a couple of frequencies -- things were a little staticy [sic]. Next test is to temporarily mount the antenna outside (that's why I want a little more warmth) and do the drive around the block.

"Verify, verify, verify" -- yup, the "tune to" sign isn't even a thought until I know I have clear transmisssion.

Thanks,

Cray

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• LightORamaDan

• cenote

• PaulXmas

Cray Augsburg wrote:

Darrel:

I, too, ordered the Eclipse 4000. Got it last Friday. Seems like a fairly nice unit. I just haven't had the weather (man, for somebody who loves Xmas lights, I sure hate the cold) to check it out for range, clarity, etc. The other issue is finding a free frequency. I'm in my second year -- still a newbie. This'll be my first with FM broadcast. Lemme know what you think of yours when it rolls in.

Cray

I got mine yesterday. Did a quick test of it in my computer room and found alot of static. Will move in to a different room today and use a seperate plug and get antennae away from the monitors and computers. Hope it gets warm enough. About 24 degrees right now!!!

Just to be clear, the sale will have a staggered start. Those of off on NY time start at 10. Then whenever it's 10 your time, you get to order. And so on until the inventory is gone. :P:D

iresq wrote:

Just to be clear, the sale will have a staggered start. Those of off on NY time start at 10. Then whenever it's 10 your time, you get to order. And so on until the inventory is gone. :P:D

I know we do a lot of joking around in here, but I wanted to make sure that everyone realized Dave is just having a little fun.

Sale starts at 10pm Eastern, 9pm Central, etc.

SINCE THERE IS NOT MUCH ON SALE..I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD JUST NOT EVEN WORRY ABOUT IT.I WILL TAKE CARE OF THE ORDERING!!!!THANKS FOR THE COOPERATION IN THIS MATTER.:cool:

I think there is a very important event at the Winter Olympics at 10:00 P.M. EST Saturday February 27, 2010. Everyone should tune in and watch this. I believe it would be a once in a life time telecast and no one should miss it (except me). Might even be more exciting than Curling.

Man... haven't thought about Christmas Lights since taking down the display and I wake up and read my email about "crack" going on sale Saturday. :D

I need to pick up a couple controllers for the 2010 35' driveway arches. :P

Wess Hoskins wrote:

Guess some are invited and some are not still waiting on my e-mail..... GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Mine was in spam mail for some reasom.

Wess Hoskins wrote:

Guess some are invited and some are not still waiting on my e-mail..... GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Email can be a frustrating way of sending out notifications. Every person that we send an email to has asked to be on the email list yet 30% of the emails will never make it to the customer. They will be filtered out as spam or fail for some other reason.

So these prices will be the lowest they can be throughout the rest of the year? Not going to be surprised with the same pricing later in the year? I know I read that in the email, but just want to be sure that the CCR's are going to cost more in the June/July sale than the $200 they will be tomorrow. Thx!

Wayne

Wonder if Dan would accept a couple books of S&H Green stamps and some nice old Dr. Pepper bottle caps as payment might even thro in a couple Billy Carter Beer cans. Will we can dream can't we.

George Simmons wrote:

Unless it's been overhauled since last fall, that radio locator site is woefully out of date, so verify, verify, verify before deciding on your frequency. I believe the best thing to do is get in your vehicle AT NIGHT and drive around your block to make sure that the frequency you want to use is clear. Preferably, for the best results, you'll want the freqs on either side of your chosen one to be clear also.

Thanks and very good idea, I'll do that. Wouldn't want to cause trouble because of lack of preperation and research.

Cray Augsburg wrote:

Jim:

Sorry, but it looks like you peed yourself for nothin'. :P

Cray

Yeah...thank goodness for "Depends"... lol

WayneKremer wrote:

So these prices will be the lowest they can be throughout the rest of the year? Not going to be surprised with the same pricing later in the year? I know I read that in the email, but just want to be sure that the CCR's are going to cost more in the June/July sale than the $200 they will be tomorrow. Thx!

Wayne

Anything can happen but the plan is that prices in the Summer Sale will be higher. Historically, every item in the Feb sale has cost more in the summer sale. Some times only a couple dollars more but always more.