Light-O-Rama Forums

Clearance sale

friskybri

jimswinder wrote:

Just ask Dick Clark.... :)

I think this year's New Year's celebration was one of the saddest things I've ever seen. I still remember American Bandstand and it's just pitiful to see him making such a mockery of himself. He sure does have nice smooth skin, though...

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• LightORamaDan

• cenote

• PaulXmas

George Simmons wrote:

I think this year's New Year's celebration was one of the saddest things I've ever seen.

It was sad and hard to watch...but at least he is not letting it knock him down...gotta give him kudos for that...

OH NO, I guess it will be a late night in the mid west and a tired tomorrow.But that's alright, I've been waiting very patiently for this sale and can hardly wait. I am so excited I need to purchase my Eclipse-4000 tonight also.

Let the fun begin and don't forget the three PlanetChristmas rules - positive, family friendly, christmas centric.........

See you all at the store...........LOL

darrel schweissinger wrote:

OH NO, I guess it will be a late night in the mid west and a tired tomorrow

Why stay up late tonight?? Sale isn't until Saturday Night, Feb 27th...10:00pm

darrel schweissinger wrote:

OH NO, I guess it will be a late night in the mid west and a tired tomorrow... and don'y forget the three PlanetChristmas rules - positive, family friendly, christmas centric........

Actually we don't have to stay up as late as some since for us the sale begins at 9PM.

And personally, I prefer places where the rules are much less hypocritical than PC, thank you. Give me sarcastic, irreverent and confrontational any day... :)

George Simmons wrote:

And personally, I prefer places where the rules are much less hypocritical than PC, thank you. Give me sarcastic, irreverent and confrontational any day... :)

LOL...you crack me up George!!!

Sale here on the West Coast starts @ 7:00pm...and hopefully for me it will be over at 7:01pm :cool:

George Simmons wrote:

You?? Imagine that! :D

Cray

Darrel:

I, too, ordered the Eclipse 4000. Got it last Friday. Seems like a fairly nice unit. I just haven't had the weather (man, for somebody who loves Xmas lights, I sure hate the cold) to check it out for range, clarity, etc. The other issue is finding a free frequency. I'm in my second year -- still a newbie. This'll be my first with FM broadcast. Lemme know what you think of yours when it rolls in.

Cray

Cray Augsburg wrote:

Darrel:

I, too, ordered the Eclipse 4000. Got it last Friday. Seems like a fairly nice unit. I just haven't had the weather (man, for somebody who loves Xmas lights, I sure hate the cold) to check it out for range, clarity, etc. The other issue is finding a free frequency. I'm in my second year -- still a newbie. This'll be my first with FM broadcast. Lemme know what you think of yours when it rolls in.

Cray

Hey Cray,

Thanks for the support and I will let you know how it works out for me. I've read more pros then con on the unit so that's a better reason in choosing to buy it as well as cost.

You can locate all free channels in your area right off the Mobile Blk. Box sight, here is the link just follow the sights info from there. (http://www.radio-locator.com/
)

If that doesn't work out for you Cray, let me know and I will try and find some of the sights I ran across in extending your range by tuning your antenna. I find myself spending many hours reading post from all kinds of sights, look around and ask some of these great people out there. They have much to offer and share as I have incountered.

And congrats on your second year of displays, I hope it's everything you where hoping and more. Are you still listening to Christmas music? LOL What's up with that I'm asking myself!

No! this will be my first year of using LOR hardware. I got interested when visiting my sis in Az. last Thanksgiving. Went to a light show at the Ph,Az. zoo and was just inspired and amazed. Returned back home and seen some simple stuff at the local do it your selfer stores and brought a pre-programmed unit that just turned your lights on and off with music piped out an exteranal speaker.

Did some web browsing and here I am a few months later with all this christmas stuff and lights galore in the basement.Just need my controllers and transmiter,have to make my mini trees, 9 to start out with. Order my LED icicles from my dealer in Lake Geneva, and it seems like it never stops from there. I love it Cray, so exciting, and the LOR software is easy to work with thus far....

Unless it's been overhauled since last fall, that radio locator site is woefully out of date, so verify, verify, verify before deciding on your frequency. I believe the best thing to do is get in your vehicle AT NIGHT and drive around your block to make sure that the frequency you want to use is clear. Preferably, for the best results, you'll want the freqs on either side of your chosen one to be clear also.

PaulXmas wrote:

Shhhh you who is standing "BEHIND" me!

:)

You Alberta Guys better get those fingers moving fast at 8:00pm

Looks like this sale will not happen for me do to a job issue, hopefully the summer sale will be better.

I'm actually VERY impressed with the prices!

A CTB-08 for only 70 bucks is a TREMENDOUS price! Plus, now the firmware can be updated. The DC-mp3 player is a great price as well.

I told myself that I was only going to buy one thing from the February sale. Should I go wireless now or have some fun with CCR? Decisions, decisions!

Darrel:

My problem is taht I read all these posts, then my brain goes into overtime and I get so excited I can hardly remember anything. Yes, I remember the station finder on the MBB site, but only since you mentioned it. :? It's hell, getting old. :)

Thanks,

Cray

Darrel:

Welcome to the addiction (it truly is!). Yes, I listen to music all the time, and Xmas tunes get the most playing time. Started out with 32 channels in 2009. Plan for 112 in 2010, tho a few more couldn't hurt, could they. Got my animation screen all layed out (with image) and channels assigned. Been doing some sequencing. Got several construction projects in mind. Gotta get more power (at least until George converts me.) It never ends, but it sure is a lot of fun.

Cray