Light-O-Rama Forums

Clearance sale

friskybri

:shock: The LORD800D would be perfect for so many things!

Any one else thinking this may be the perfect thin to animate the Christmas tree...

In the debate of more or less channels per controller I think it really depends on your setup.

If you keep all the controllers in one location, or have a big mega tree, more may be better. If you plan to spread the controllers out around your display less may be better.

LOR web site does say there will be new plug in play devices this year that can then be expanded in a custom light display, so this should be an interesting year for sure!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimswinder

• LightORamaDan

• cenote

• PaulXmas

Thank you LOR team for helping us with a chance to grow our display with the sale. I know things went fast but that happens when you have a good product, keep it coming.

Tim Fischer wrote:

I don't believe those were ever actually sold, were they? I did get to hold one at PLUS 2003 though...

We never sold a single one of those... but we still have them from PLUS 2003 AND believe it or not it one is still used by Bob at his desk for testing S2 software. (If Bob sees this and he no longer uses it let me know... I only visit the NJ office a few times a year so I may be wrong). But it still works with the original firmware that was in it at PLUS2003.

At the time it was just too much work to build them (In 2003 we didn't have much of a production facility).... We have been rethinking this and thus the new "black" one that was shown. There is plenty of uses for them and we think we can get the price right. The black one had a version with a mp3 director built in.

Will they happen? not sure.

Dan if you guys can come up with some less scare products for beginner users, and the price is right, I really think you can open up a new market of holiday lighting.

The CCR was definitely a step in the right direction. As far as I know there is no similar product out there for holiday lighting, and I have thought of allot of uses for them I haven't even seen people do yet. I really can see them becoming a very popular item as they catch on. If the price can come down , through extensions or something, that would be even better.

I can see the LED spot lights really becoming a big part of peoples displays. There really is no easy 1 in all RGB spot light solution. Do it your self solutions can take time, get complicated, and get pricy with the hardware and assembly required. DMX lighting can get very pricy and most devices are not meant for holiday lighting applications. So like the CCR this can help full a nice size gap in the lighting community.

The 6 or 8 channel power strip like device, could be very useful to advanced users, and will look allot less scary to new users. Also again a cheeper price tag wouldn't hurt such a product, if possible.

As some one that is new to this, and has told quite a few people about LOR and animating light displays, the most common responses I get is, Its really cool, but ether 1) it's to pricy, 2) It's two complicated.

I know there is no magic solution when it comes to price and complication, with something so technical, but then again you guys seam to be very talented and very good at coming up with new ideas, that surprise us all.