Light-O-Rama Forums

Virtual Santa Display video

toddmoon

I just ordered the VHS version (cheap, and I can pull it into my PC anyway )  but since I just let you all know that I am cheap,  how cheap can i go with projecting it?  I gather toys like the eyeclops are no good, what about the torpedo for this application?  Any other in-expensive projectors out there?

Rick

I picked up a projector from Walgreens for around $70

Lightblast
http://discount-superstore.net/p/180691/Shift3%20Light%20Blast%20Entertainment%20Projector-%252d%252d-14O004T7TE7V99.html

Puts out an adequate picture in a dark environment.

I bought a different version, but it was cool, then lost the dang dvd, somewhere in this computer mess i call an office, hopefully will find it before christmas.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question for those of you doing the virtual Santa.

Are you just running the video/dvd on a loop, or are you incorporating it into your sequences as a video?

The reason I was asking, it seems like there might be times you would not want him "lurking" :)

I did video out in the yard for the 4th and used the videos with the sequences, but I am not doing full video for Christmas. I was thinking of the Santa in the window this year, so I was just curious how you all are running the video.

Paul,

I just run it continuously in a back bedroom window and let my show run as scheduled.

Last year was my first year with VS and it was a big hit.

It was fun to watch the kids wave to Santa and some adults too!

Ed

I use both Virtual Santa and Santa Symphonies. I rotate them throughout the night, every 5th sequence. I created a voiceover at the beginning of Virtual Santa to let parents know that now is the best time to get out of the car to take family photos as all the lights are on (at 50%). The response was great last year.

Like most, I use a cheap Walmart shower curtain and an inexpensive video projector.

Wow that is unreal!!!! I wish I just had the time to do all of this!

• The topic was locked