Light-O-Rama Forums

Break the record?

shfr26

TOO ALL THAT SIGNED ON, THANKS. MAYBE NEXT YEAR .. I 'M STILL STAYING LOGGED ON JUST FOR KICKS. HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND ALL!!!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shfr26

• Frank A.

• redsea300

• Surfing4Dough

Can anybody comment on the day of the record in 2006? Was that an intentional record attempt or was the site just booming that day?

I just looked through the pages of this thread and found that everybody joined 2007 or after (I assume these are accurate). Where did the 160+ people from the "old days" go?

Well Jeff, you pick a date and a time and I will be there for sure. And I know about cold, it's only 58 here:D

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Can anybody comment on the day of the record in 2006? Was that an intentional record attempt or was the site just booming that day?

I just looked through the pages of this thread and found that everybody joined 2007 or after (I assume these are accurate). Where did the 160+ people from the "old days" go?

Somebody else brought that up, A inflated number maybe?? Or LOR was kinda new way back then!

Surfing4Dough wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
Well is anybody interested in Christmas Eve around 600 PM EST????

quite a few might be at family events or church on Xmas eve.

Pick a date I'll be there..

shfr26 wrote:

Well, Well, I wonder what the deal is?? Nice job on the research surfing4dough!!

Well...sometimes LOR does have a problem with dates and such (new product availability, shipping, etc.) Maybe the same with the record date. They predicted that there would be 160+ users online by that 2006 date, but it didn't happen until later. Just kidding Dan! :]

Surfing4Dough wrote:

According to the dates in the member list http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_user.php?list=1&letter=&sort_by=date only Chuck Smith (from PC) was a member in 2005, and everybody else joined March 2007 or after. Something fishy here...

Nothing fishy ...

2005 or so is when the PlanetChristmas forums changed over to WowBB for a message board.

March 2007 would have been about the time that Chuck and/or Dan decided to split the LOR Forums onto its own platform. (Which is the one we are using here today.) All of the old messages were exported to this forum, but everyone had to signup for a new username here. (Many kept the same one, of course.)

So, the record that you've been trying to break was actually set by PlanetChristmas, not the LOR Forum.

Don wrote:

Nothing fishy ...

2005 or so is when the PlanetChristmas forums changed over to WowBB for a message board.

March 2007 would have been about the time that Chuck and/or Dan decided to split the LOR Forums onto its own platform. (Which is the one we are using here today.) All of the old messages were exported to this forum, but everyone had to signup for a new username here. (Many kept the same one, of course.)

So, the record that you've been trying to break was actually set by PlanetChristmas, not the LOR Forum.

Exactly why I asked if anybody was around. I figured there was more to the story that us newbies didn't know. Thanks Don for clearing it up. I don't foresee that this LOR forum record will ever be broken then.

Just looked at PC, and they have since smashed the record:
Most users ever online was 538, April 21st, 2008 at 05:28 AM.

Though I spend probably equal time on PC, I prefer this forum since it is LOR specific and tends to be more useful/informative to me (less fluff threads, i.e, sorry thread, peace thread, etc.). I guess except for this thread--trying to break a meaningless record just for the sake of breaking it! :P

Jeff Millard wrote:

Earlier in this thread someone suggested Christmas Day. You can't tell me people wouldn't be willing to log on and say hi for a short 5 minute window Friday morning at 10am Eastern. Be there and you are square. Or, if you'd rather whine than support your fellow nerdo Christmas light blinkin' LOR using thoroughly addicted hobby members by spending all you time with your family. We are your family! Support or perish! I want the PC most user online number squished to a bloody pulp. Now that Don explained, I remember when it happened. There was some update or import or something. Then all the sudden it was set high. I thought it was one of those things they do to post counts when people are loudmouth like me, and post way too much... start thinking their opinion is more important than a guy with say 3 posts... Yesterday I saw a video by a guy with 1 post. I'm changing some elements of my 2010 display because I really like the way he spread things out all over the yard. In order, but random... you know? (me either) but if I ever felt like there was a lesson to be learned here... ramping everyone's post count to 4.six billbazillion so no one can tell how many times you've posted.

Could that number have been a hidden one that was only for the PC/LOR forum? That's all the more reason to crush it. The PC version had a bunch of AL users and DIYers who came in to stir things up all the time. It would be choice to send that number packing with strict LOR user counts. Let's do it! Git 'er done. Show your membership in this rag-tag group of show-offs ever gathered. JUST DO IT!

Jeff

I AM MOST DEFINATELY THERE AT THAT TIME!!!!!!! Jeff , stay warmOK?

Jeff

absolutely

count me in

"The date: Christmas Morning, the time: 10:00AM to 10:05AM Eastern"

good place to start

Frank A.:P