Light-O-Rama Forums

Installer Problem: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

bob

This sticky saved my sanity. I was freeking out when I was getting the error. the cleanup utility worked great. All my sequences are good to, even though I know have them backed up on cd, external hard drive, and flash drives. I really did not want to lose any of them.

• 3 weeks later...

I love that I can go online at 10pm on a weekend and get my problems resolved. I've been running version 2.1.6 and since I haven't been very active on the forums didn't realize there was an upgrade available until I went to a Mini-PLUS today. I tried updating to the newest 2.9.4 and had the same problems mentioned. After running a utility cleanup, I still had the problem with a missing .msi file as mentioned in this thread. I had to remove that upgrade and went with the 2.8.12 and was able to complete download and open up my sequence editor. There was one windows .dll file it had an issue with, but it seems to be ignoring that. I'm really excited to play with the Chase feature I learned about today.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am getting the same error and I cant get the new microsoft fix that Bob posted to work. I am trying to update software on my show computer that runs windows 98SE and is not connected to the internet. any help?

mattera68 wrote:

I am getting the same error and I cant get the new microsoft fix that Bob posted to work. I am trying to update software on my show computer that runs windows 98SE and is not connected to the internet. any help?

Perhaps try some of the other suggestions in this thread, such as third party uninstallers. I have no idea whether any of them still support Windows 98 SE, but you might be able to find one that does.

Thanks for the help, I had someone give me a computer that runs XP, so that is running my show now with version 2.9.4