Light-O-Rama Forums

I need a Zara Radio Guru to consult

Bowshock

I assume you mean to get Zara (after it's already running) to start playing.  If it's on a schedule (for example, at the end of your light show), why don't you just use a scheduled event.  If you schedule an event to happen immediately, it will happen at the scheduled time, unlike a scheduled event that has a delay window which will not happen if Zara is not in play.  For example, my weekday Christmas show ends at 22:01:25.  I have an immediate play scheduled for 22:02:00 on Monday through Thursday.  On the weekend, the show ends at 23:04:35 so Zara has a schedule immediate play command at 23:05:00 on Friday through Sunday.  On the other end of the show, there is a stop command with a five minute window at 16:55:30, and in case it's a long song playing, there is an immediate stop at 16:59:55.  The light show starts at 17:00:00.

24 minutes ago, OzAz said:

how are you doing the " Zara schedule immediate play command " ?

On the main Zara control panel, select the events page by left clicking on the events calendar button. (the red arrow below).

zara-1.png

That will bring up the events listing.  Click the "New" button (the green arrow below).  That will bring up a new event box (the screen capture was taken after pressing the "New").  On the new event screen, enter the desired date and time info and then select Immediate (the purple arrow below).  Select the event type of Play (the black arrow below).

zara-2.png

Got it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OzAz said:

Thanks, excellent how-to.

You're welcome.  I think I've gotten pretty good with Zara if you have any other questions.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2009 at 8:57 AM, Greg said:

The way I use zara to start and stop for the show is this way, since both programs run on the same computer they both use the same system clock so I program a stop event about 3 seconds before the start of the lor show. In the lor program I creat a sequence that only runs dtmf tones, as the last thing in the show close. I have zara set up to listen for the tones once LOR runs that sequence and zara detects the tones zara starts running the program until the next lor show run. Last year it worked great not a single problem

Interesting, I do EXACTLY the same thing.  I guess our minds are in the same gutter :-)    I also put DTMF tones at the beginning of my LOR show just in case ZR screws up and doesn't stop like it is supposed to when LOR starts.  On rare occasions, ZR wouldn't stop even though I had a stop event programmed at 6 pm when my LOR starts.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 2:45 PM, k6ccc said:

On the main Zara control panel, select the events page by left clicking on the events calendar button. (the red arrow below).

That will bring up the events listing.  Click the "New" button (the green arrow below).  That will bring up a new event box (the screen capture was taken after pressing the "New").  On the new event screen, enter the desired date and time info and then select Immediate (the purple arrow below).  Select the event type of Play (the black arrow below).

K6, nice explanation.  Just out or curiosity, how come you don't have the "play immediate" command only on week-days.  Do you not have shows on the weekend?  Or perhaps you were just making a demo for the other member?

7 hours ago, Richard Hamilton said:

K6, nice explanation.  Just out or curiosity, how come you don't have the "play immediate" command only on week-days.  Do you not have shows on the weekend?  Or perhaps you were just making a demo for the other member?

That was real data.  My show runs an hour longer on the weekends.  There is a different "play immediate" for a few minutes after the weekend show ends.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope someone can help me with another Zara question:

Although the season has ended, I am playing music on my Zara radio, with Time, Temperature, and Humidity announcements every so often.  All of a sudden the file selection under TTH will not stay.  I can select it and it works to update once, but if I go back into it, there is no file there and Units have defaulted back to Celsius.  Nothing will update until I select the file again, and then it only works immediately and is gone again.   I can't figure out how it could change when it worked perfectly all season.  Any ideas how I can get the file to "stick" in the selection box?  Weird!

That sort of sounds like something I was having last year.  In my case, the issue was lack of administrator access.  I was using an account that had rather limited access.  Ended up giving the show account local administrator access (but not domain level admin access).

Jim, that doesn't seem to be the issue for me.  I haven't changed anything on access, and all works, except it won't hold the TTH file, so it never updates.  Any ideas, anyone.

Thanks for your help.

I seemed to have fixed my own problem.  With random searches on the internet, someone said to try running the Zara program as an administrator.  I changed it to run that way and now it holds the file like it should.  Funny thing is that it stopped working without me changing anything!  Oh well, it's working now!

Just now, CKSedg said:

I seemed to have fixed my own problem.  With random searches on the internet, someone said to try running the Zara program as an administrator.  I changed it to run that way and now it holds the file like it should.  Funny thing is that it stopped working without me changing anything!  Oh well, it's working now!

Remember, that although YOU didn't do anything, Windows may have (whether you knew about it or not). 

Glad you got it working.