Light-O-Rama Forums

Simple request

cmoore60

I think that if everyone will provide their location in their profile we might be able to offer better assistance. There is alot of knowledge out there and some people ar close to others and never know it. This would also make it nice to be able to visit one another's displays.

I just did a search on members sorted by location. There are 54.5 pages of people listed with no location out of 77 pages of members. This seems far less than 50% of people.

So folks! What do you think?

Chuck

• Like 1

I agree. I would like to go out and see some of the show are my area and get ideas others might using to make my show better next year.

I'd love that to be a requirement for signing up to post...

Often the correct answer can depend on where you live...

-Tim

• Like 1

I'm with Jeff and Tim! Location is very important on giving advice and you are more likely to get advice if you have it.

Michael Beason

i agree people should give at least their state where they live like

Central Pennsylvaina , southeren Texas ... etc

this way we can help people more

I like to see who is close to me, if they have a problem, I might be able to help - in person rather than online

Simply stated - I agree

Dan/Bob

can you make this a required field during registration? Thank You

I agree that city,state is a good thing.

I have to thank Scot Meyers for getting a lot folks in Colorado in touch with each other!! He's been persistent in trying to get people organized and its starting to work.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the original poster was talking about how nice it would be if those without a valid city,state (in their profile) added that information ...

i.e.

Click on "My Account" then click on "Profile" ... then enter the city and state in those fields ... then click "Save" at the bottom of the profile page.

Chuck
Might as well give it up. The second time I received timeout in PC was because I pushed that issue as well as all the stupid screen names.

I use to laugh when someone would not do it because of privacy. They would have some stupid name like "number1santafanintheworld and then no location. Then on their sig they would have their website. Oh and what was on their website? Their entire name, address and a map to get to their house. BRILLANT!

I hat screen names in this stuff. You go to a little get together and now the person says, "Hi, I am John, you know number1santafanintheworld". Now how the heck are you going to remember what. Oh there is John, number1santafanintheworld. Man give me a break.

I thought that info was on there. Obviously not, so I've added it. Like you've said if i add my home town site as a homepage it's got my full address on it anyway. Don't see the point in hiding, if the nut jobs wanna come and kill you, they'll find you anyway.
but it's interesting to read where people are from in this thread.

Robin, not trying to start anything but you must be having a bad week. Every post of lately has been angry. Put a smile on your face and wish everyone a Merry Christmas:D I have wanted to smack people down in here but have bitten my lip. I hope you don't think my screen name is crazy. Maybe Kinky but not out there. LOL. The reason I use that name is because its my cats name and part of mine. Brian. I have used that on AOL, MTCO, Comcast, insight, roadrunner, hotmail and ect for e-mails. Every time I have joined websites no one has never used it. I agree people should put pictures and locations where they live. I just need to find a camera that wont break ever time I have a picture taken of me.

Oh i dunno, I've had one nut job turn up to 'kill' me, I didn't know if he had a gun so I called the cops. Police cars were everywhere but he still got away.
In the uk if you have a name and town you can get a list of addresses of almost everyone with that name in that town.