Light-O-Rama Forums

Simple request

cmoore60

I agree , it would be nice to know where people live. I like to take trips to know where and knowing where some of us live would help me to get to know where with purpose :D if you all know what I mean.

I'm not apossed to internet chatting, but it sure is more meaningful when you have the sense that you could just drive a short time to meet and talk over your ideas at lunch or dinner or just to get together.

• 1 year later...

On another unnamed forum there is a Google map.......After i looked I found three people within 5 miles of my house..Got in touch by email and we met up. Had a great time talkin' lights and sequencing !!!! It seems that ALL of our wife's have heard TOO MUCH of us trying to explain what we find intresting. It was hard getting a word in edgewise as we all finally had someone with the same intrest to ramble on with.

We will help each other out this year during setup and purchases !!!!!

Robin wrote:

Chuck
Might as well give it up. The second time I received timeout in PC was because I pushed that issue as well as all the stupid screen names.

I use to laugh when someone would not do it because of privacy. They would have some stupid name like "number1santafanintheworld and then no location. Then on their sig they would have their website. Oh and what was on their website? Their entire name, address and a map to get to their house. BRILLANT!

I hat screen names in this stuff. You go to a little get together and now the person says, "Hi, I am John, you know number1santafanintheworld". Now how the heck are you going to remember what. Oh there is John, number1santafanintheworld. Man give me a break.

What he said!!

Thanks for the links Todd.I never knew i had not went back on my profile and added my website.Does anyone know how to get your address added to the google maps?

If you register with google for a gmail account or signup on google maps then you can add your location on the map and any details you want to include.

I have a gmail account for my Christmas website. Where do you go to add the location of our display on the google map.
Thanks in advance
Don C.
toddmoon wrote:

If you register with google for a gmail account or signup on google maps then you can add your location on the map and any details you want to include.

I can sign in and see the LOR map. Do you know how to add my name and info etc to the list.

Four years in and I just figured it out............I had my State and City in the same entry............Now I am on the list by States!!!!!

I still haven't found where to put in an address. I am logged in go to account settings and then what?

redsea300 wrote:

I still haven't found where to put in an address. I am logged in go to account settings and then what?

Once you have your location pinpointed on the map...go over to the left side and it will show your locations gps numbers.Click on yours and it gives you an edit button and then a save button.